View Poll Results: Which Batman theme is better?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman: The Animated Series

20 90.91%
  • The Dark Knight Trilogy

2 9.09%
    All-New Member

Default Batman TAS theme vs Dark Knight Trilogy theme

Which theme music is better?

The music in TDK trilogy is amazing, but I have to go with TAS music. It still holds up 22 years later and it's awesome.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

B:TAS, without question. Walker's theme practically declares "this is Batman!"

The DK trilogy doesn't really even have a theme. It's more like a motif than anything else.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Batman TAS and Batman in the DCAU is arguably the most comprehensive, complete and consistent portrayal of Batman in multimedia. I was stunned to realise they never showed the Batman origin until "For The Man Who Has Everything" considering how complete a portrayal it was for so many years. I can hear the Batman TAS theme in my head right now "dun dun dun, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh (duh duh), dun dun dun der der der der der (dun dun dun dun dun dun dun)" ... I can't think of the theme in Nolan's movie at all.

Extraordinary Member

Hans Zimmer's work is great, but it is designed solely to set the mood for the specific scenes, not to stand on its own. In context his Joker motif is amazing, but on its own it would be the most annoying sound ever. BTAS music stands on its own very well.

Zimmer has some great music constructed for specific scenes and characters, like 'Why Do We Fall' for TDKR, Joker's utterly unnerving theme in TDK, and Molossus, but a lot of it is very scene-specific and the three films do not have a theme they all use like say, Star Wars. BTAS has a lot more material to work with, but I found they built on the Elfman theme of the Burton movies to becomes something awesome - the themes for Joker, Two-Face, Mr Freeze and so on are utterly excellent, and both the initial theme and the revamped 'Adventures of Batman and Robin' theme are awesome.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Hans Zimmer's work is great, but it is designed solely to set the mood for the specific scenes, not to stand on its own. In context his Joker motif is amazing, but on its own it would be the most annoying sound ever. BTAS music stands on its own very well.
    I agree 100%.

Also, it is kind of a cliché, but (in most cases), movie soundtracks are like lettering in comics; when done right, you hardly notice it. When it's off, it annoys and takes you out of it. However, a lot of soundtracks are definitely worth it to listen to on their own, like Blade Runner (Vangelis) and Twin Peaks (Angelo Badalamenti).
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Here is a great remix of the two...

http://youtu.be/Sobi2t1Clnc

I think they are both stellar. TAS/Burton films have a bit more classic feel.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Not even a close call for me between the two.
    0a3156168-5059339898-batmahj.jpg
    Last edited by Steven Ely; 12-19-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.