Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I love the book and direction. Though I think red daughter was important to get Kara to her new mindset from her start in the new fifty two.
    Really? By the time that story was started Kara had already been ready to move onto something like this at least twice.

Anyways two issues in and I'm loving the new team and current direction. Kara has sorely needed this for a long time now. Its nice to see her finally grounded into a setting with an interesting support cast and more positive personality that is looking forward..

I know the most compassionate super hero leaves his family to their own devices while Batman loner jerk is more nurturing to those closest. So weird during red daughter he was like guy Gardner who I don't know but Hal tells me your a jerk,you deal with her. Not my problem. So unlike Superman
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 12-21-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was really good, lots of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Really liking the direction this book is taking and the art is just straight up gorgeous. Shame its not getting more buzz from people cause Supergirls better now then she has been in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, another great issue. Lots of strong character moments without the issue going overboard into raw exposition land, quick pacing, dense content, the overall plot moved forward noticeably, wonderful art.....there's nothing bad I can say about this issue.

It does look like Comet's personality has been re-done since we saw him in Action. That's a shame, but what they're doing with him right now is interesting too. I just hope that his entire motivation and background have not been forgotten, and gets some use down the line.

Also very interested in Maxima. Seems her main motivation has been changed around some too. Or at the least, she hasnt accepted her responsibilities/duties to her species. Or at least, not insofar as they're concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Liking it, much better than I expected it to be.
    Definetely, when you look at the premise it just screams "FORCED DRAMA" and yet we have none of it. Most of the characters are young students but these two issues showed more maturity than most of the comics industry.
    I agree with all that. Not out of the park yet but definitely worth a return to the LCS next month.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I just want to pretend the Red Lantern nonsense never happened.

So far the new direction is nice.

Anyone notice this?

Tsavo seems to have a crush on Supergirl, which she doesn't notice even when he outright lets it slip that he "likes" her as she only wants to be a helpful friend who'll listen at the moment.

Maxima seems to have a thing for Comet with how jealous she became when he flirted with other girls which must be confusing to her since she wants to be more than a baby maker and that if she admits that she likes Maxima than she gives credit to her parents believing she'll find a "nice guy" at the school to make babies with so she instead acts out her frustrations elsewhere. Awkward.

Comet is into flirting with other girls and doesn't seem to notice Maxima being annoyed at him looking at other girls. However he seems to be much smarter than he lets on so who knows.

Supergirl thought lowly of Comet, now she things much better of him after he outsmarted her while she doesn't notice Tsavo as more than a possible friend.

Seems like the recipe for some real High School drama between the characters if you ask me.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-26-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Thought I had earlier, if DC wanted an easy way to introduce M'gann M'orzz, they should have her as a student at the Crucible. I mean since she's basically a clone of Supergirl she fits all the criteria of the Crucible.
    Other than the clone of supergirl i agree this would have been the perfect time to introduce Ms M.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Seems like the recipe for some real High School drama between the characters if you ask me.
    I want to learn about all the characters we've seen in this issue. Like the three girls flirting with Comet and the green alien on the two-page spread, for example. They could tell a lot of stories in this place.

BANNED

On Smallville Clark deal much better than new 52 with superboy and supergirl. And it was much more complicated, kara was on Lex radar and even lived with him, Clark was younger 22-24 years old.

pre new 52 he adopted with Lois Chris that was son of zod. Funny that Rememder kind of had same idea with captain america and Nomad.

The vision from DC editors is a Superman young and free. For some reason the playboy batman can have a big family that seems to never stop growing.
    Superman is not a lone wolf, but DC sees him that way.

BANNED

wrong thread.
    Last edited by rightsuperhero; 01-01-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    wrong thread.
    I'm not even sure what this thread is any more. We are supposed to be discussing Supergirl here, right?

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the interactions between Kara and the other characters in this issue. It's good to finally see interesting characters revealed through fairly natural dialogue and expressive art, and for Kara to just be getting on with these people right away. Kara feels so right here when Lupacchino is drawing her. She can go from cute to badass in the space of a page and that's exactly how she should look, I think it shows Lupacchino really gets the character.

Kind of like the friendship between Kara and Tsavo. Its kind of playful and fun. Kept thinking if perhaps his species is related to Tigorr of the Omega Men but it looks like they are both just cat-people with not connection in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Kind of like the friendship between Kara and Tsavo. Its kind of playful and fun. Kept thinking if perhaps his species is related to Tigorr of the Omega Men but it looks like they are both just cat-people with not connection in-between.
    I was thinking the same thing, and wondering if we'd see the Omega Men show up at some point. I think its well past time DC cosmic dealt with people beyond the Lantern Corps again. And even if Tsavo isnt from the same planet, their species could be related, ala Kryptonians and Daxamites.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    I'm not even sure what this thread is any more. We are supposed to be discussing Supergirl here, right?

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the interactions between Kara and the other characters in this issue. It's good to finally see interesting characters revealed through fairly natural dialogue and expressive art, and for Kara to just be getting on with these people right away. Kara feels so right here when Lupacchino is drawing her. She can go from cute to badass in the space of a page and that's exactly how she should look, I think it shows Lupacchino really gets the character.
    Totally agreed, this is the best Kara has been in a long time and I hope to see this maintain long term. I've no interest in seeing her spend the majority of her time on earth. Space seems much more fitting for her. She can still hang out on earth between semesters if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    many people that i know say that brooding, alone and without friends is a batman thing not a superman thing. some find weird that batman has a "family" but superman no.
    And those people must not know much about the histories of either character. Batman broods and is angry. But he broods and is angry while being surrounded by, let's count them...Grayson, Todd, Drake, Gordon, Cain, Brown, Kane I, Kane II, Damien, Bluebird, and Bertinelli. That's about a dozen people with access to the Cave and most of Bruce's innermost secrets and I could very likely be forgetting someone. And Im not even including Alfred, James Gordon, that guy who worked as Bruce's mechanic during the Zero Hour era, Azreal, or Selina Kyle here. But those characters have all, at various points in time, been held in relative confidence by Batman as well.

Superman smiles and makes small talk and shakes hands. But when he goes home, who is there? In most versions the Kents are dead, Lois is held at arm's length, so is Jimmy and Perry. Clark's relationship with Kara is almost always rocky, his relationship with Conner is much the same (even on Smallville), and the same can be said of John. Lana is typically either an old friend Clark *used* to hang with or a romantic foil for Lois and Clark takes great pains to keep her in the past as much as possible (hence the source of the drama). Then there's the scientific expert, Hammilton in post-Crisis and Vertias in the 52, and neither of them even know Superman's secret identity (and Hammilton ended up a villain). Except Lois during the marriage years and the Kents during post-Crisis, none of these people are overly close to Clark, and even the ones he loves the most are not allowed to know the "real" him.

Seems pretty clear to me who the real loner is. You dont have to like it, no one is saying you do. We're just pointing out what is common for the characters. You not liking it does not change the reality. This isnt "our" opinion either, this is straight up literary analysis and nothing more or less.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.