Default Ron Wimberly Reimagines Wonder Woman as "WARP-D"

Warp02.jpg

Interesting concept!

http://comicsalliance.com/ron-wimber...r-woman-desig/

Diana is the princess of the Amazons, a technologically advanced, matriarchal utopia that broke off from the rest of mankind around 400 BC. Amazonia, their home, is nearly impossible to find or to escape; it’s protected by an elite force of soldiers called the C.L.A.Y. Rangers. Every generation a single great woman is picked from the elite C.L.A.Y. training program and sent to be an ambassador to the rest of the world. She is known as the Amazon Ranger. When Diana decides to run away from her kush princess life she secretly joins the C.L.A.Y. program and is selected to be the next Amazon Ranger, but when her mother, finds out she’s left she enlists the best of the legendary C.L.A.Y. Rangers to find and return her to Amazonia. Now Diana is on the run in our world, and if fighting the C.LA.Y. elite weren’t enough, for the first time in her life she faces a world that needs feminism. Will her dexterity and cunning be enough to escape the bondage facing her at home and abroad?

BANNED

It remembers me of the Fraction and War Ody-C. I would love a WW by Fraction BTW

I liked this WW AU, matriarch and advanced tech *thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Warp02.jpg

Interesting concept!

http://comicsalliance.com/ron-wimber...r-woman-desig/

Diana is the princess of the Amazons, a technologically advanced, matriarchal utopia that broke off from the rest of mankind around 400 BC. Amazonia, their home, is nearly impossible to find or to escape; it’s protected by an elite force of soldiers called the C.L.A.Y. Rangers. Every generation a single great woman is picked from the elite C.L.A.Y. training program and sent to be an ambassador to the rest of the world. She is known as the Amazon Ranger. When Diana decides to run away from her kush princess life she secretly joins the C.L.A.Y. program and is selected to be the next Amazon Ranger, but when her mother, finds out she’s left she enlists the best of the legendary C.L.A.Y. Rangers to find and return her to Amazonia. Now Diana is on the run in our world, and if fighting the C.LA.Y. elite weren’t enough, for the first time in her life she faces a world that needs feminism. Will her dexterity and cunning be enough to escape the bondage facing her at home and abroad?
    Love the concept, hate the art

Its sounds decent. Im not huge on the names. CLAY Rangers? It's a little *too* retro. Good idea, but lousy name. The idea of "Diana running away from home" has been used for a number of analogues, (Warrior Woman in Invincible pops to mind) and it's a damned solid twist I sometimes wish DC itself would employ.

The art looks like it's trying too hard. Nothing wrong with it from a stylistic standpoint (I like it), and I think it likely fits the tone of the story concept, but it could stand to relax a little bit and make better use of some negative space, without cluttering it up quite so much.

Fun premise, intriguing art. It implies that it's going to tell a different kind of story than your typical four-color. I'd download it and give the first issue a shot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.