Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's hard to judge Donna's appearance/characterization based off of ONE "reveal" at the end where we get no context and she doesn't speak. So the fact that people are judging is "puzzling" to me. Her getting Power-Girl levels of bust size is annoying though.
    I think it is more than enough to not like, if it was only her showing up it would be hard to judge

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    This was just... blah. The overall idea of the story is fine but the writing lacks any emotion. I feel no connection to anything that is happening in the story. Diana is so odd in this book, despite being extremely emotional one page and then a ruthless warrior on the other she still feels wooden, she feels fake. Seeing Diana moan over her life and responsibilities is kind of pathetic, not because she feels pressure but just the way it is written. I don't feel bad for her like I should, and that is the writers fault. The art is just ok, better than most of Finch's work, but everyone still looks like 16 year Bratz dolls with implants. So glad Donna is coming back, but so sad it is happening with this creative team. Still do not understand why Hippolyte was back to stone and now that she was sacrificed to create Donna, I guess she is gone for good.

I am extremely disappointed in DC. They had a great 3 year run, some of the best reviews WW ever received and they let it all go to waste with this inexperienced amateur writer and cheesecake artist.
    The problem is that everything was fine, then WW can't deal with her life, she can't multitask lol there wasn't a building to this, like we see her struggling through her life. It would be lame anyway, only woman on JL and she can't sort out her life, but at least a good building.

Themiscyra got so ugly and dark, it was rustic before but not this swampy visual

So first it was aquaman "what's up bro, relax"
    now is superman time lol it could have been steve role since it was friendship. again "what's up bro, relax. let me help you"

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Man they really turned wonder woman into a cry baby
    "wah life is so hard all these things are happening to me and I can't deal with all of them at the same time wah"
    Now we have clay baby donna troy
    more like black magic baby
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-17-2014 at 10:20 AM.

So is Donna Troy a clone in this version? Is she underage? Is this illegal?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Was better than #36, but I'm not exactly impressed by it, either.

I don't think Finch art will ever work great for me, though.

It was definitely better than #36. Dialogue is still finding its footing but I did personally think there was an improvement.

And as for the reveal, I thought it was awesome. Look forward to a Donna whose existence actually make sense again. Born of a sacrifice and Hippolyta's remains. Done and done, different but in theory the same (in a symbolic if not physiological sense she's Hippolyta's daughter and Diana's sister).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

As much as I've liked all incarnations of Donna Troy, her Pre-Crisis and her first Post-Crisis origins sucked. Hopefully this streamlined origin will help DC big wigs not classify her as "too complicated to use" any more.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member

So Azz brought Hippolyta back (mostly) at the end of his run, only for Finchx2 to immediately kill her off again. Well that was underwhelmingly pointless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    As much as I've liked all incarnations of Donna Troy, her Pre-Crisis and her first Post-Crisis origins sucked. Hopefully this streamlined origin will help DC big wigs not classify her as "too complicated to use" any more.
    or the contrary. I still think it is a very bad origin

I'm just glad she is still wonder woman's sister since this new origin makes her Lyta's biological daughter since they used her clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So is Donna Troy a clone in this version? Is she underage? Is this illegal?
    I wouldn't say clone more like what wondy was with the clay origin i guess. Age wise think superboy a clone that was force grown into a teenager so i think it is safe to say she is legal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I gave the previous run 26 issues before ultimate boredom sunk in, your only going to give it 4-5? For shame, for shame.
    The first arc's 6 issues, including the annual, isn't it? Anyway, it's hard to put boredom on a timetable, but if I find that I'm really not enjoying it, I won't keep reading it.

Well I read it, I'm still a little confused as to where this old crone came from, but it is fine. I saved the image of Wonder Woman chopping up that bird in a short skirt as my wallpaper. Isn't this what Wonder Woman truly represents?

Some thoughts

> that spiked woman with a tail is fine and all, but Wonder Woman has a history of beheading folks like that, I hope Finch has more sense then that
    > are those Bug people Atlanteons?
    > I don't care for Donna Troy
    > I actually do like Finch's art for the most part

All in all I would give it a 10/10, could be improved

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    I wouldn't say clone more like what wondy was with the clay origin i guess. Age wise think superboy a clone that was force grown into a teenager so i think it is safe to say she is legal.
    > Donna Troy now has a clay origin

Not to bad Ms. Finch! Way to go meta on us!

Amazing Member

My household used to have two 'uncancellable' books. Avengers and Wonder Woman. I have been buying Avengers for 30 years (and collected back to the beginning). We have been buying Wonder Woman since we got married 21 years ago is it was my wife's favourite book.

It took one issue of the Finches and their 'not a feminist' version of Wonder Woman to drop that list to one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
    My household used to have two 'uncancellable' books. Avengers and Wonder Woman. I have been buying Avengers for 30 years (and collected back to the beginning). We have been buying Wonder Woman since we got married 21 years ago is it was my wife's favourite book.

It took one issue of the Finches and their 'not a feminist' version of Wonder Woman to drop that list to one.
    very sad but it doesn't surprise me. You can pick up Sensation Comics, today was out the #5 with a story on apokolips with great art.

I read spider woman and jessica said she was a feminist, wonder if one day WW will admit it on a comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    The first arc's 6 issues, including the annual, isn't it? Anyway, it's hard to put boredom on a timetable, but if I find that I'm really not enjoying it, I won't keep reading it.
    Considering I lasted 26 issues, let's not quibble over an issue or two. Sounds like you hit your boredom timetable faster than I did