Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Considering I lasted 26 issues, let's not quibble over an issue or two. Sounds like you hit your boredom timetable faster than I did
    You could put it that way; or, you could say I hope I'd have the good sense not to read 26 issues of a book that bores me. (Better yet, of course, I hope the book stops boring me.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    You could put it that way; or, you could say I hope I'd have the good sense not to read 26 issues of a book that bores me. (Better yet, of course, I hope the book stops boring me.)
    I was being a Wonder Woman loyalist in collecting her, but when I missed going to the LCS for a couple of months and found that I didn't really look forward to reading the book, that was it for me. Azz got me to quit the comic scene, although I think I will go back when '77 Wonder Woman comes out. Either that, or get it in a collected form in case it starts out digital (I hope not, I still like having a copy to read in my hands).

I will admit that it was stupid on my part to go on for 26 months for a title that did little for me, but that was the last comic standing that I still did buy, and I guess I didn't want my years of buying comics to end. I guess I hoped the Azz book would get better, the artwork would grow on me (never did), there would be more exciting fights in which Wonder Woman could gain a decisive victory without help (never seemed to happen), gain a somewhat complete piece of origin due to the drastic changes that Azz made (never completely happened either). I should have quit sooner, I know that now. We all make mistakes

I liked this issue. Definitely an improvement from last month.

I liked this issue (and previous issue)
    I thought Meredith was better this issue.
    Only felt the dialogue was off in one panel and she took Diana's whining down a lot.

David was much better in this issue. The training between Clark and Diana was
    especially well drawn and Diana looked closer to around 20.

Meredith and David still have a long way to go (Meredith much more) before I can even think about adding
    this book to my list of favorite Wonder Woman runs, but.......... so far they have not touched my worst list.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 12-17-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Why was Diana tolerating the disrespect from the old crone? She called the Diana "girl" when Diana is the rightful queen and Diana just let it go (as did other amazons in the council). Seems the new-52 amazons are being written as somewhat disrespectful overall. For all their worship of the Olympians, they didn't seem to show them much regard when the gods/goddesses where on the island in the last arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I have a theory on what's going on in this story. The blue-skinned sorceress is the New 52 Dark Angel. She and the old crone took Hippolyte's remains and infused them into the baby to make another genetic daughter of Hippolyta in the form of Donna Troy who has a rightful stake at the throne of Themyscira. She'll be the new queen of Paradise Island later in this story.
    That's what I was thinking in my post too

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Why was Diana tolerating the disrespect from the old crone? She called the Diana "girl" when Diana is the rightful queen and Diana just let it go (as did other amazons in the council). Seems the new-52 amazons are being written as somewhat disrespectful overall. For all their worship of the Olympians, they didn't seem to show them much regard when the gods/goddesses where on the island in the last arc.
    Did you expect her to punch the ol' bitty out? There's not much Diana can do if Derinoe is working the other Amazons against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    *giggle* no disrespect to Wag ... But this was a beautiful response

Amazing Member

I'm dropping this book. In less then two issues, we have Wonder Woman whining like a shrill shrew about how hard her life is to two male superheroes who tell her how to live her life.

Wonder Woman isn't a Whiner.

She deals with her problems with head up high and she doesn't have a meltdown on whatever poor soul is nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by C-IN2 View Post
    I'm dropping this book. In less then two issues, we have Wonder Woman whining like a shrill shrew about how hard her life is to two male superheroes who tell her how to live her life.

Wonder Woman isn't a Whiner.

She deals with her problems with head up high and she doesn't have a meltdown on whatever poor soul is nearby.

I'm not going to completely defend this, but SM is her boyfriend and the most appropriate person for her to open up to ... AM on the other hand ...no.

Not to mention this is a selective reading. The previous panels show that Clark was pressing the situation, she kept her cool till maybe his third time pressing the issue. Superman's not some "poor soul" here. He's her boyfriend, and he wanted her to vent. Or he wouldn't have kept at it. You're supposed to be able to vent to your lover. There's a problem if you can't.

And neither Clark nor Arthur tried to tell her how to live her life. In one case its a lover and in the other it was a friend specifically wanting and asking her to open up then giving advice. Like friends do. And what does their being male have to do with anything?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm not going to completely defend this, but SM is her boyfriend and the most appropriate person for her to open up to ... AM on the other hand ...no.
    It's just SUCH a tired and hackneyed stereotype of a woman who has too many responsibilities and is too emotionally imbalanced to handle her problems. So she goes on a crazy tirade to the nearest male figure whose job is to reinforce the idea that women are emotionally weak and possess the inability to face their problems while men are naturally well-balanced and have their stuff together.

It's a tragedy we see this from a feminist icon.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 12-17-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: language

Astonishing Member

Dropped. 10char.

Quote Originally Posted by C-IN2 View Post
    It's just SUCH a tired and hackneyed stereotype of a woman who has too many responsibilities and is too emotionally imbalanced to handle her problems. So she goes on a crazy tirade to the nearest male figure whose job is to reinforce the idea that women are emotionally weak and possess the inability to face their problems while men are naturally well-balanced and have their stuff together.

It's a tragedy we see this from a feminist icon.
    I see your point. But to be honest no one should bottle up their emotions from those closest to them. I doubt the intent here is about her seeking male support so much as her seeking the support of those closest to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    *giggle* no disrespect to Wag ... But this was a beautiful response
    Your clearly disrespecting me. That's like me saying 'no disrespect to you Darius, but you don't have a logical bone in your body'. You see, since I said no disrespect it makes everything I say good.