Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Steve Trevor love interest for the solo film?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'll be quite ticked if Steve doesn't have a prominent role in all of the solo Wonder Woman movies. Alfred and Lois Lane are never absent in the Batman and Superman movies so Steve should be present in all of Diana's flicks.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think it's interesting if he only becomes her love interest in the sequel, or in a third movie (not so interesting), even though I doubt it will happen that way, but he must appear since the beginning.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'll be quite ticked if Steve doesn't have a prominent role in all of the solo Wonder Woman movies. Alfred and Lois Lane are never absent in the Batman and Superman movies so Steve should be present in all of Diana's flicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    I think it's interesting if he only becomes her love interest in the sequel, or in a third movie (not so interesting), even though I doubt it will happen that way, but he must appear since the beginning.
    I agree with both sentiments.

I've never been a huge fan of Steve, but I won't deny he's an important part of Diana's mythos and he deserves to be a significant presence in Diana's life.

Does he have to be a love interest, however? Eh! My first exposure to Steve was through the Perez era, where Steve was more of a father figure/mentor to Diana, and frankly that was just about the only time I ever really liked Steve. So, I would say that it's not ESSENTIAL for him to be Diana's love interest in the movies. If it happens? Then I hope the Fuchs/Maclaren creative team can do it in a way that I enjoy. I certainly don't mind if Steve becomes Diana's love interest, if he actually seems worthy of her to me.

I think Vonter Voman has the right idea, personally. Given my druthers, I'd rather see Diana and Steve's romance (if there is to be one) develop a little more slowly. Having Diana just fall head-over-heels in love with Steve the second she lays eyes on him has just never sat well with me. ESPECIALLY not if these rumors that Diana is immortal and has lived for centuries already. I never like to see Diana act like a smitten schoolgirl (curse you, Bruce Timm!), and I would prefer to see her ease into a romance after some time getting to know her love interest, whoever he may be.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

A wise and seasoned MacLaren working with a relatively new writer who'll be young and hungry to prove himself. Seems like a cool match.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I agree with both sentiments.

I've never been a huge fan of Steve, but I won't deny he's an important part of Diana's mythos and he deserves to be a significant presence in Diana's life.

Does he have to be a love interest, however? Eh! My first exposure to Steve was through the Perez era, where Steve was more of a father figure/mentor to Diana, and frankly that was just about the only time I ever really liked Steve. So, I would say that it's not ESSENTIAL for him to be Diana's love interest in the movies. If it happens? Then I hope the Fuchs/Maclaren creative team can do it in a way that I enjoy. I certainly don't mind if Steve becomes Diana's love interest, if he actually seems worthy of her to me.

I think Vonter Voman has the right idea, personally. Given my druthers, I'd rather see Diana and Steve's romance (if there is to be one) develop a little more slowly. Having Diana just fall head-over-heels in love with Steve the second she lays eyes on him has just never sat well with me. ESPECIALLY not if these rumors that Diana is immortal and has lived for centuries already. I never like to see Diana act like a smitten schoolgirl (curse you, Bruce Timm!), and I would prefer to see her ease into a romance after some time getting to know her love interest, whoever he may be.

I would be fine if Diana and Steve didn't get together until the end of the first film or even in the second film but I still think he should show up in all three movies. I never liked the idea of her instantly falling for Steve the second she met him as that seems a bit far-fetched but come to think about it, he probably wasn't the first male that Diana saw. He may have been the first human male but Diana probably met Zeus, Hermes, Heph, or one of the other male Olympians at some point before she met Steve.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would be fine if Diana and Steve didn't get together until the end of the first film or even in the second film but I still think he should show up in all three movies. I never liked the idea of her instantly falling for Steve the second she met him as that seems a bit far-fetched but come to think about it, he probably wasn't the first male that Diana saw. He may have been the first human male but Diana probably met Zeus, Hermes, Heph, or one of the other male Olympians at some point before she met Steve.
    If the movies are as Bleeding Cool described (a big if, I know), then it seems possible that Steve will have been in diapers, or at least playing with toy airplanes rather than flying the real thing, during Diana's first trip to man's world. That could be a reasonable reason to leave him out of the first movie (though a cameo of Steve as a kid could be possible.)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    If the movies are as Bleeding Cool described (a big if, I know), then it seems possible that Steve will have been in diapers, or at least playing with toy airplanes rather than flying the real thing, during Diana's first trip to man's world. That could be a reasonable reason to leave him out of the first movie (though a cameo of Steve as a kid could be possible.)

That's a good point. I certainly don't want old man Steve in any of the movies so I guess they could have him show up in the 2nd movie which is supposed to be in current day unless of course, he does appear in the first movie, is captured by the Amazons, and is kept young due to being incarcerated on Themyscira?

Ultimate Member

Do I want him to play a big/important role in the movie, yes. Would I complain if he were a love interest (provided that it were done well/organically), no. Does he NEED to be a love interest, no imo. I'd be fine if he were just a close friend/ally, at least for the first film. I'm also not that keen on WW going to man's world specifically BECAUSE of Steve either. Give her some other reason to go there that isn't all about a man.

My idea was to essentially make Trevor the Phil Coulson of the DCCU. Use him and ARGUS as the connective tissue between the films. For example, he plays a big role in WW, and then he appears in say Aquaman in a smaller role to establish that ARGUS (which was set after the events of MOS an tasked with monitoring reports of potential alien/metahuman/supernatural/etc activity on Earth) is aware of the Atlanteans and is monitoring their activities.

BANNED

I'd be very surprised (and more than a little disappointed) if he isn't.

Invincible Member

Just because he's such a long standing part of her mythos, I'd be really surprised if Steve wasn't in the movie to some degree. But I agree, WW shouldn't leave the island because she fell in love at first sight. If they have a romance show that it's something that started out as an unconventional friendship then grew to a romance over time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Steve should be in the movie, and he should be played by a young actor. The potential to be a love interest should absolutely be there, but it shouldn't be the main focus of the first movie (Diana and Hippolyta should probably be the main focus of a solo movie). Just make them allies with a little ship teasing and gauge audience reaction from there for the sequels. A forced romance could result in the Thor/Jane Foster crap all over again.

If nothing else, movie Steve might save us from any Trinity ship teasing. Though I'm also dreading the deluge of tumblr posts that will spring up saying that the mere hints of Diana being attracted to a guy destroy her feminist icon status and/or are wrong for a character that should only be paired with other women, blah blah blah.

BANNED

Dear god don't be true

BANNED

the movie still is in development, so I don't think Bleeding cool was so accurate. we only got the director and screen writer now.

Love interest doesn't mean that they will be romantically together at the end of the first movie, but he has to be the love interest on the movie. I still didn't watched a superhero movie without a love interest (avengers, and maybe guardians because are big assemble movies, even if guardians had big hints of romance). WW will be introduced on bat v sup anyway and there is themiscyra scenes, so there is more time to spend in romance and of course the plot of the movie. Maybe she even knows him.

It's time to do something different, have the woman be the stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Steve should be in the movie, and he should be played by a young actor. The potential to be a love interest should absolutely be there, but it shouldn't be the main focus of the first movie (Diana and Hippolyta should probably be the main focus of a solo movie). Just make them allies with a little ship teasing and gauge audience reaction from there for the sequels. A forced romance could result in the Thor/Jane Foster crap all over again.

If nothing else, movie Steve might save us from any Trinity ship teasing. Though I'm also dreading the deluge of tumblr posts that will spring up saying that the mere hints of Diana being attracted to a guy destroy her feminist icon status and/or are wrong for a character that should only be paired with other women, blah blah blah.
    I didn't thought Thor/Jane was too forced. The writer could have toned down some characters making remarks about the relationship. the doctor saying jane couldn't lose him and blah blah. well I would like to have a friend like the doctor, he would never let me lose hot guys. It's not like there's tree growing blond hot dudes out there.

I don't have problems with love at first sight, it just the trigger. the most important part is the development

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    A wise and seasoned MacLaren working with a relatively new writer who'll be young and hungry to prove himself. Seems like a cool match.
    or the recipe for a disaster lol
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-09-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

True, but then again you have people that seem to think that Diana having a father somehow destroys her "feminist icon" status (as if, well ALL of the real-life feminist icons didn't have fathers). So people will complain regardless of what they do. I doubt that there will be much Trinity ship-teasing in the actual films. Snyder seemed to go out of his way to HEAVILY set up the Superman/Lois Lane relationship in MOS (he even gave them a CLOSER connection than in the comics by having her be in on his secret from the very beginning). And older/more cynical Batman hardly sounds like the romance-y type in general.