Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Actually, during the Kanigher years, Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Wonder Tot, and Hippolyta were likely to appear as an ensemble in "Impossible Tales".
    Yeah, but one of the things that made those tales "Impossible" is that Wonder Woman, Girl and Tot were all supposed to be the same individual at different stages of life, impossibly/magically/miraculously brought together for those adventures (because "the fans demanded it," as was explicitly said on panel, if I remember right).

Finally we get Donna Troy and it is due time. Also I am glad it is in Wonder Woman that she is introduced because she is an important part of the mythology in Wonder Woman. Can't wait to see what the New 52 version of the character turns out to be.
    former Terrifan2

This guy Finch just doesnt learn does he? After the ***storm that he raised with his comments, he still hasnt figured out that he needs to tread carefully with this book. Drawing Donna Troy like this... in a Wonder Woman book.... Bravo Finch!

Why doesnt he apply for a job to draw Hentai or something?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    This guy Finch just doesnt learn does he? After the ***storm that he raised with his comments, he still hasnt figured out that he needs to tread carefully with this book. Drawing Donna Troy like this... in a Wonder Woman book.... Bravo Finch!

I think the jury's still out on Finch's artwork. A lot of people have issues with it, but it seems many are saying it's a breath of fresh air. It'll be interesting to see what fans think after he's got an arc or two under his belt.

Like many, I think his Diana looks too young. I still want to see him doing The Spectre or something.

BANNED

Because he wants the job he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Also, and I dont know much about hentai, but isnt that stuff a little over the top? Tentacles in certain...places....and monsters doing certain....things....to people and stuff? Seems like a pretty far divide between that sort of kink and Finch just drawing big boobs.

So, real question here for everyone.

Myself, I think Finch draws Diana's face far too young, and he certainly adds an amount of sex "appeal" which, depending on your personal viewpoints, crosses a line.

But why are people here acting like he's any different from 99% of the other artists in the industry? Seriously, to see some people post here you'd think no one had ever drawn Diana with an exceptionally curved spine, or atypically large breasts. Yes, there's a certain amount of sexuality and arguably objectification in the way Finch draws people (not just women either, all his guys look like 'roided up Ken dolls with butts I'll never have) but really, how does that make him any different from the rest of the comic artist crowd?

Aside from the fact that, perhaps, Finch does it better than most, why is it not okay for him to draw any T&A but everyone else (except Manara's Spider-Woman cover) gets a free pass? What's the difference between Finch and, say, just for example, Joe Benitez, who also draws some **** women?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Also, and I dont know much about hentai, but isnt that stuff a little over the top? Tentacles in certain...places....and monsters doing certain....things....to people and stuff? Seems like a pretty far divide between that sort of kink and Finch just drawing big boobs.

Myself, I think Finch draws Diana's face far too young, and he certainly adds an amount of sex "appeal" which, depending on your personal viewpoints, crosses a line.

But why are people here acting like he's any different from 99% of the other artists in the industry? Seriously, to see some people post here you'd think no one had ever drawn Diana with an exceptionally curved spine, or atypically large breasts. Yes, there's a certain amount of sexuality and arguably objectification in the way Finch draws people (not just women either, all his guys look like 'roided up Ken dolls with butts I'll never have) but really, how does that make him any different from the rest of the comic artist crowd?

Aside from the fact that, perhaps, Finch does it better than most, why is it not okay for him to draw any T&A but everyone else (except Manara's Spider-Woman cover) gets a free pass? What's the difference between Finch and, say, just for example, Joe Benitez, who also draws some **** women?
    so because there is much more artists that draw like Finch his art is okay? we have to be okay with that?

I don't get this logic and what is the objective of it.

on the big two, that what counts for superhero I can only name Land, benes, jack hebert, Frank Cho did a annual. They are clearly on minority these days. They are losing the space.

I really don't see anyone getting free pass: benes, land and manara all receive criticism.
    Remembering none of them are drawing WW.

I saw a capullo old art from angela series on Image, he sexualized her (nothing new on 90s). Right now he is one of the best artists on comics, and I never saw he sexualize a female character on his batman. He drew WW very well
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-29-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Putting aside the fact that I find absolutely zero wrong with the image, the question should be raised, does he even need to tread carefully as you put it? I mean, is there any indication that internet ____storms, which happen daily on the interent about absolutely anything and everything, have any sort of practical impact, financial or otherwise, at all? Personally I really, really doubt it.

I mean lets be real here. If the forms of entertainment that were complained about online were an indication of non-profitability, we wouldn't have any entertainment. The internet is the World Wide Web of Complaints and Grievances, yet everyone still laps up their mediums of entertainment. If not more than ever before. Only point being that rarely does internet drama equal anything needing substantial attention and damage control.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-29-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I don't think anyone has said Finch is the first to draw Diana in an overtly sexualised way. Or that he's the only one to draw female characters like that. We aren't discussing other artists because they are not currently drawing WW and are therefore not relevant to this discussion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Putting aside the fact that I find absolutely zero wrong with the image, the question should be raised, does he even need to tread carefully as you put it? I mean, is there any indication that internet ____storms, which happen daily on the interent about absolutely anything and everything, have any sort of practical impact, financial or otherwise, at all? Personally I really, really doubt it.

I mean lets be real here. If the forms of entertainment that were complained about online were an indication of non-profitability, we wouldn't have any entertainment. The internet is the World Wide Web of Complaints and Grievances, yet everyone still laps up their mediums of entertainment. If not more than ever before.
    so if people complain on internet it is not valid? I think that if there is a lot of complain on internet is because it is easy to be heard, everyone has a voice on it and there is tons of problems on the world woth of being complained on internet. Just because there is some invalid criticism on internet, it doesn't invalidate the rest that really matters

most of my friends, female or male didn't like the Finch work. The manara cover Marvel put the long on the problematic thing and recognized that they were wrong, so internet matters a lot at least from them that know where their target is. Now DC still needs to evolve
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-29-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Didn't say anything about it being valid or not. I'm talking about a tangible negative financial effect or the strong fear of such. Everyone's opinion is valid, but from from a standpoint of consumerism, if its not negatively affecting the product in a tangible manner, its not going to considered something that needs strong attention brought to it.

The Spider-Woman fiasco actually proves my point. There was a much, much, MUCH larger outcry about that than this Donna panel. This is a blip on the radar compared to that. Marvel knew it was getting out of hand and dealt with it. This isn't even close to comparable with that.

BANNED

Didn't say anything about it being valid or not. I'm talking about a tangible negative financial effect or the strong fear of such. Everyone's opinion is valid, but from from a standpoint of consumerism, if its not negatively affecting the product in a tangible manner, its not going to considered something that needs strong attention brought to it.

The Spider-Woman fiasco actually proves my point. There was a much, much, MUCH larger outcry about that than this Donna panel. This is a blip on the radar compared to that. Marvel knew it was getting out of hand and dealt with it. This isn't even close to comparable with that.
    at least from financial point it will keep a ton of people who should be the target public of a WW book out of it. Sure it attracts some for cheesecake, but it is very low use cheesecake to sell WW. It happened on the past (deodato jr) and it didn't helped WW on the long run

I think it'd be very hard to prove that purported "cheesecake" is what's kept WW from selling all these years. To me its more of a false equivalency. She's not a top 10 book, there's women with boobs in it, so that's why. Its not really compelling.

BANNED

I think its very hard to prove nor even make a substantial argument that purported "cheesecake" is what's kept WW from selling all these years.
    I didn't said that. Deodato jr making WW wear thongs made WW triple her sales. But clearly cheesecake make harder WW sell to what should be her target public: women

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Drawing hentai-lite
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor