Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its just because she's naked. And what's the deal with that, as she's essentially being born here, and we all know that females are born fully clothed, am I rite?
    the creators could have decided to do different, like kid loki on young avengers. and they could have choose a better pose

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yep of course females are born clothed and yeah there's absolute no precedent for Donna be drawn top heavy since she was b cup before.
    cheesecake on past do not justify cheesecake in the future

Another character being brought back in a totally wrong way. DC crapping on what once made them good since 2011. Thank you dc for continue to prove me right why I gave up on you.

Hilarious knee-jerk reactions. Brought back the wrong way? Because just because she's being created for this purpose means that's what she's going to turn out to be? God forbid they actually try and do some different things with the open canvas the reboot provided.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    the creators could have decided to do different, like kid loki on young avengers. and they could have choose a better pose
    Copying Marvel is not doing something different.

This works just fine. Donna is basically Diana's sister again being born from the remains of Hippolyta. That's true to the character, and fairly creative in its new presentation.

And her pose wouldn't have mattered. I have no confidence the same complaints wouldn't be levied just for the simple fact she was naked.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yep of course females are born clothed and yeah there's absolute no precedent for Donna be drawn top heavy since she was b cup before.
    It's less that she's naked and more that the way she's positioned is purely for titillation. Keep in mind that Finch's Diana gets criticized despite it not being the first time she's been drawn with too much cheese cake.

Extraordinary Member

Going to have to read this tonight so I can read the discussions about the character introduction, but, wow, that is the least sexy cheesecake pose ever.

I feel this is overdue, but worth the wait. Donna Troy is one of those characters that has always resonated in a special way. She's just never had a cohesive history to follow. Finch can take this in any number of directions. She could be a challenger to Diana. She could be an ally. She could even be a new goddess for Olympus. No matter what is done with her, I'm sure there will be plenty who complain about it. That seems to be the only thing people do whenever DC introduces a new character from the pre-New 52. I doubt they care at this point, nor should they. I'm ready to see Donna Troy rise and I hope she becomes a bigger part of the DCU as a whole in the years to come.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Hilarious knee-jerk reactions. Brought back the wrong way? Because just because she's being created for this purpose means that's what she's going to turn out to be? God forbid they actually try and do some different things with the open canvas the reboot provided.
    the origin is terrible, that is not how re-introduce a beloved character

Copying Marvel is not doing something different.

This works just fine. Donna is basically Diana's sister again being born from the remains of Hippolyta. That's true to the character, and fairly creative in its new presentation.

And I couldn't be bothered to care less about the pose. Tired of that conversation day in and day out.
    I say nothing about copying, I gave a example that it could have been used for cheesecake but it wasn't.

this do not work or we wouldn't have this conversation. exploitation of female bodies on comics is a serious issue.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-17-2014 at 10:39 AM.

No, what you don't do to a beloved character is make her origin so complex and nonsensical no one even knows where to begin. That's where Donna was at for years on end before this. Give me this any day of the week. Especially since it will surely still lead to her becoming a hero and true sister, despite the intentions behind her being created. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2014 at 10:41 AM.

In this thread; people complaining that somebody is born without clothes on. They literally cannot even right now. smh

Anyway, I hope Donna's origin sticks this time.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

It should. Its at least simple. The only thing I could see ever being changed is a way to actually bring Hippolyta back in the future. For now she's dead, but that can always change. Beyond that though this is simple and stays true to what matters most about Donna's origin: that she's Diana's sister.

It'll probably be a She-Ra like scenario from there on. Groomed as a foe for Diana but turns and joins her.

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    the origin is terrible, that is not how re-introduce a beloved character
    No, her old origin was awful. It was a convoluted mess.

This origin is pretty straight forward and has that started bad but will end up overcoming her evil purpose to be a hero vibe that people like.

exploitation of female bodies on comics is a serious issue.
    Only for people who get offended far too easily. Same crap happens in video games. Audiences like attractive protagonists, deal with it.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    In this thread; people complaining that somebody is born without clothes on. They literally cannot even right now. smh

Anyway, I hope Donna's origin sticks this time.
    But how many people are born in cauldrons?

I have no problem with this introduction. It certainly could be worse, and in fact, probably has been worse in the past.

The problem though is that this continues the trend of most of Diana's female cast being either used as passive weaklings at best, one-dimensional antagonists at worst. We don't even know what it is that caused the Amazons to have such an intense hatred of men (or maybe the writers are just afraid to talk about this). Also see what happened with New 52 Bart. Can you blame fans for being worried.