Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

An interesting and, at least for me, surprising development.

I would, however, like to see Diana's protegees, etc. have healthy relationships with her, rather than adversarial, dysfunctional, or non-existent (Wonder Girl) relationships with her. Batman gets to chill with his family. As does Superman. But Wonder Woman's family is a fractured, hostile, and oblivious.

What gives?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    As terrible as the old one? are you really this bias against the new creator team you'd defend the god awful post crisis origin?
    I don't defend post crisis origins, the character have 2372947 origins all better than this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know, this whole thing makes me laugh. Three years of complaining about the book, bitching that Donna was missing, that Diana didnt look pretty enough, or looked to macho, or whatever, and now David Finch, known for drawing sexy women, is on the book and Donna is back (with a clean cut, easy to swallow new origin at that!) and people still complain.
    Oh come on, "people" aren't monolithic. There's probably a direct correlation between liking Chiang's art and hating this.

So let me get this straight. People don't like the new origin (despite it being actually the first one that is simple and not messy) just because they don't like the art (even though it's perfectly fine because people aren't formed fully clothed)? Disliking the art is not a real reason to dislike the origin itself. That's just being bias against everything. It doesn't matter what this creative team does, certain people are going to automatically hate it and then try to find some kind of tiny flaw that they exaggerated that allows for confirmation bias. Getting through to them isn't going to work. They already made up their minds.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Oh come on, "people" aren't monolithic. There's probably a direct correlation between liking Chiang's art and hating this.

I'd have to agree with you there in a sense. I disliked Chiang's art on Wonder Woman as I found it to be too simplistic, inconsistent, and often times lacking of the grandeur I think Wonder Woman and her world should have. David's art appeals to me more because it's more detailed, consistent, and the brighter coloring really makes his art "pop".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    So let me get this straight. People don't like the new origin (despite it being actually the first one that is simple and not messy) just because they don't like the art (even though it's perfectly fine because people aren't formed fully clothed)? Disliking the art is not a real reason to dislike the origin itself. That's just being bias against everything. It doesn't matter what this creative team does, certain people are going to automatically hate it and then try to find some kind of tiny flaw that they exaggerated that allows for confirmation bias. Getting through to them isn't going to work. They already made up their minds.
    simple and not messy? being born out of the sacrifice of a child?oh well

BANNED

You know, this whole thing makes me laugh. Three years of complaining about the book, bitching that Donna was missing, that Diana didnt look pretty enough, or looked to macho, or whatever, and now David Finch, known for drawing sexy women, is on the book and Donna is back (with a clean cut, easy to swallow new origin at that!) and people still complain.

I also find it funny when people talk about how sex and cheesecake have no place in Wonder Woman's world, when she was designed around S&M and sex. Yup, you folks go right on thinking whatever it is you think.

Havent had a chance to read the issue yet, but judging by the first Finch issue, I'd assume there's plenty to complain about that is actually worthwhile, not whether or not Donna (who has always been drawn like a pinup) is *too* naked or *too* sexy.
    for my own sake, I loved Chiang art. very much good as takara, aja and annie wu. Finch doesn't draw sexy women, he draw sexualized women. For me Chiang draw a sexy WW.

WW origin was never to deliver cheesecake for man, it can have bondage but it was done in a way that was for all ages and without explotation of female body. It has nothing to do with Cheesecake.It was lots of beefcake, it is true

try to justify cheesecake now with cheesecake (that didn't even existed) from the past is pointless

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd have to agree with you there in a sense. I disliked Chiang's art on Wonder Woman as I found it to be too simplistic, inconsistent, and often times lacking of the grandeur I think Wonder Woman and her world should have. David's art appeals to me more because it's more detailed, consistent, and the brighter coloring really makes his art "pop".
    Slow clap
    I would not say brighter coloring tho, but more diversity of tones in the coloring maybe

I also find it funny when people talk about how sex and cheesecake have no place in Wonder Woman's world, when she was designed around S&M and sex. Yup, you folks go right on thinking whatever it is you think.

Havent had a chance to read the issue yet, but judging by the first Finch issue, I'd assume there's plenty to complain about that is actually worthwhile, not whether or not Donna (who has always been drawn like a pinup) is *too* naked or *too* sexy.
    You're assuming the same people who complained about Chiang's artwork are the same ones complaining about Finch? And yes, Diana was designed around sex and S&M initially so what? Doesn't mean her comic should be drawn like something a randy teenager dreams of. That part of her history has always been a source of ridicule for her and Finch isn't helping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    An interesting and, at least for me, surprising development.

I would, however, like to see Diana's protegees, etc. have healthy relationships with her, rather than adversarial, dysfunctional, or non-existent (Wonder Girl) relationships with her. Batman gets to chill with his family. As does Superman. But Wonder Woman's family is a fractured, hostile, and oblivious.

What gives?
    You must not be talking about new52 Superman and Batman. Batman had Death of the Family which caused a rift that has slowly been repaired. Superman doesn't even have a cordial relationship with either Kara or Kon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I don't defend post crisis origins, the character have 2372947 origins all better than this
    Yep can't wait for Donna Troy to remember dead continuities

simple and not messy? being born out of the sacrifice of a child?oh well
    The child wasn't sacrifice she was the child, her mother was sacrificed, and what he means by messy, is not having Donna Troy coming before Wonder Woman.

Now that I think about it, anyone else get a Goblet of Fire vibe from this scene?

the character have 2372947 origins all better than this
    Interesting math considering she's only had what, 2 actual origins in her history before this one? At least only two that were genuine attempts to make her fit into the continuity the character was occupying at a given time.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2014 at 01:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    The child wasn't sacrifice she was the child, her mother was sacrificed, and what he means by messy, is not having Donna Troy coming before Wonder Woman.
    anyway sacrifice from a inoccent person. Really messy stuff.

Spectacular Member

her origin still awful. Even worse because she is born out of black magic
    Because........................................... .....?

Do you think nature is more important than nurture and free will or something? Do you somehow think how she's born is more important than how she LIVES?