Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Meh. Tragedy's always been part of the one or two actual origins she's had in the first place. Originally her mother was dying, then after being adopted her step-father was killed. Oh and her orphanage burned down. These attempts to paint this as some sort of only-in-the-New-52 kind of darkness falls completely flat when weighed against actual history.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Well she is back, but I could have done without her having to be a villain for the next handful of months. I dunno, it is difficult to really get upset or excited about her being back given how terrible the other Titans characters have been treated. So expectations are set quite low. Hopefully it isn't as bad as Wally's at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    for my own sake, I loved Chiang art. very much good as takara, aja and annie wu. Finch doesn't draw sexy women, he draw sexualized women. For me Chiang draw a sexy WW.

WW origin was never to deliver cheesecake for man, it can have bondage but it was done in a way that was for all ages and without explotation of female body. It has nothing to do with Cheesecake.It was lots of beefcake, it is true

try to justify cheesecake now with cheesecake (that didn't even existed) from the past is pointless
    Actually, Wonder Woman's comic was the source of a lot of parental wailing and gnashing of teeth back in the 40's. No, it was not "all-ages" by the standards of the day and it came under some pretty heavy fire. There's lots of reasons why, after Marston left, the book avoided everything sexual like the plague, and the reaction of parents was a big one (along with no one else really getting Marston's weird fetishes). We look at it today and consider it tame, but back then? It was downright scandalous. And a lot of those early issues were built around that. Diana was Marston's attempt to influence an entire generation; there was a political agenda behind his creating Wonder Woman, and sexual inhibitions were very much in his crosshairs. The book was, on a metaphorical level, about nothing *but* sex.

And my point stands. I've seen people complain about Wonder Woman online for years. And many of the same people will complain no matter what. People have complained for three and a half years about Donna being gone. Now she's back. She's shown up in one panel. Just one single panel. She hasnt said a word yet, (to my knowledge, I'll get the issue tomorrow) And already, many of the same people who complained about her missing are complaining about her return. After one panel.

The Wonder Woman boards are well known for negativity, nearly as bad as the X-boards. This is why.

As for the art, I liked Chiang; loved his stuff. I like Finch too, I used to love his Top Cow work back in the day. Between them, I think Chiang has a better grasp on storytelling and facial expression, and is a better artist from a technical standpoint, but Finch has that fun Image house-style that really pops and I enjoy that too.

As for the cheesecake, who's defending it? Im not. I took once glance at the image, read the name, and called it good. What Im doing is commenting on how many Wonder-fans seem to never be satisfied with anything. Whether the image is cheesecake or not was besides the point.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Meh. Tragedy's always been part of the one or two actual origins she's had in the first place. Originally her mother was dying, then after being adopted her step-father was killed. Oh and her orphanage burned down. These attempts to paint this as some sort of only-in-the-New-52 kind of darkness falls completely flat when weighed against actual history.
    not every hero needs tragedy.
    Last edited by Javier Velasco; 12-17-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: referenced edited post

I don't defend post crisis origins, the character have 2372947 origins all better than this
    Sorry, if this has already been posted :^)

Credit to stjepan Sejic
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Never said they all did. Missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Sorry, if this has already been posted :^)

Credit to stjepan Sejic
    I totally forgot about that picture! Stumbled upon that while seeing if he had done any Carol Danvers images. Thought it was funny as hell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Very true, but it has always been a part of Donna.

About the only origin Wonder Girl ever had that was not steeped in tragedy was when Wonder Girl was actually just a younger Diana.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Very true, but it has always been a part of Donna.

About the only origin Wonder Girl ever had that was not steeped in tragedy was when Wonder Girl was actually just a younger Diana.
    Not being black magic and causing the death of her own mother I'm fine. This could be a origin with dignity at least

So if your mother dies, through no fault of your own, because of your birth, you have no dignity? She didn't cause the death of her mother. The sorceress, the old crone, and the willing subject is what caused her own death. Donna had nothing to do with it, she's innocent in this to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    We have reached a point where people will really complain about anything. If that is cheesecake, I don't see it. That's like saying a naked Arnold from T2 is cheesecake for the simple fact he has muscles and is naked. There is nothing to complain about here.

It is a completely neutral pose of a naked woman rising from a cauldron. I see absolutely no liberties taken to make it cheesecake or sexual in any way. There is absolutely nothing sexually suggestive about it.
    People here just love to complain about **** that really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 12-17-2014 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Actually, Wonder Woman's comic was the source of a lot of parental wailing and gnashing of teeth back in the 40's. No, it was not "all-ages" by the standards of the day and it came under some pretty heavy fire. There's lots of reasons why, after Marston left, the book avoided everything sexual like the plague, and the reaction of parents was a big one (along with no one else really getting Marston's weird fetishes). We look at it today and consider it tame, but back then? It was downright scandalous. And a lot of those early issues were built around that. Diana was Marston's attempt to influence an entire generation; there was a political agenda behind his creating Wonder Woman, and sexual inhibitions were very much in his crosshairs. The book was, on a metaphorical level, about nothing *but* sex.

And my point stands. I've seen people complain about Wonder Woman online for years. And many of the same people will complain no matter what. People have complained for three and a half years about Donna being gone. Now she's back. She's shown up in one panel. Just one single panel. She hasnt said a word yet, (to my knowledge, I'll get the issue tomorrow) And already, many of the same people who complained about her missing are complaining about her return. After one panel.

The Wonder Woman boards are well known for negativity, nearly as bad as the X-boards. This is why.

As for the art, I liked Chiang; loved his stuff. I like Finch too, I used to love his Top Cow work back in the day. Between them, I think Chiang has a better grasp on storytelling and facial expression, and is a better artist from a technical standpoint, but Finch has that fun Image house-style that really pops and I enjoy that too.

As for the cheesecake, who's defending it? Im not. I took once glance at the image, read the name, and called it good. What Im doing is commenting on how many Wonder-fans seem to never be satisfied with anything. Whether the image is cheesecake or not was besides the point.
    you want to compare art from '40s that didn't had any cheesecake with art full of cheesecake in 2015. Really? Let the past die on the past, I'm discussing the NOW.

people have the right to complain about what they don't like. It's not because Donna is back that everyone will be happy. There will be always a part of fandom not happy on what is going on

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So if your mother dies, through no fault of your own, because of your birth, you have no dignity? She didn't cause the death of her mother. The sorceress, the old crone, and the willing subject is what caused her own death. Donna had nothing to do with it, she's innocent in this to this point.
    It's not what i said. But choose a origin where the mother sacrified to birth a warrior to kill another woman lacks dignity

There's no indication yet that they created Donna to kill Wonder Woman. They want her to take over the throne, that does not necessarily mean she's supposed to kill her. Maybe indeed that'll be what they want. But either way, what they want and what they'll get out of her are going to be two different things when all is said and done.

Well she had it, its nothing new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Well she had it, its nothing new.
    still not a good justification