Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "...Can YOU handle the truth?"

...the new Alien Emissary, Little Miss #PASSAWAY seems to think so.

Right after she ripped the sum total knowledge of humankind out of the fabric of the universe itself, read it, burst out laughing while facepalming herself like E.Honda, then sat down to drown her disappointment in alcohol(which didn't work...it just made her eyes glow, and not much else.) SO. She then hops on Twitter again, hashtags #buybiggerhdd and announces on all social media that

"...in 48 hours, the truth about everything will be dumped straight into the HDD you just bought, so make sure its more than 2TB."

YES! In 48 hours the state secrets of EVERY NATION will be yours to freely read, you will know what Lady Gaga is actually a man, you will know exactly what, not who, THE STIG is, which conspiracy hypotheses were actually true, and worst of all, WORST OF ALL, Angela Merkel's upskirts since she took public office. No, the horrors do not stop there. There is a lot more; the true origin of our species, whatever it may be. The contents of the Library of Alexandria, the contents of the complete Dead Sea Scrolls, how flawed our sciences and mathematics are, ALL OF IT will be yours to freely access and read.

You just read the tweet.

Can you handle the truth, or, will you just not buy the new HDD, and refuse the information?

Wont make any difference to me. I wont change my religious beliefs because of what some alien shows me on a computer, and everyone has this same information so I cant really use it to profit in any way.

However, reading about some of the military stuff this will reveal should be interesting.....I'm a military history buff anyways.

Agree with Jonathan. Not to wax serious but, "There's no such as evolution, etc., etc." All it would do is give people more cause for denial and rationalization to keep believing what they want to believe. It's not going to change anything.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    You just read the tweet.
    I don't have Twitter.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't have Twitter.
    You get it via carrier pigeon, as done in your time.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    You get it via carrier pigeon, as done in your time.
    ...you are a horrible person.

^_^

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't have Twitter.
    Don't have to have the Twitter to read the tweets - you can find them all you like without an account.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Wont make any difference to me. I wont change my religious beliefs because of what some alien shows me on a computer
    Note this is the sum total knowledge of humanity, and no-one else. So we will only see what we know as a species, as well as what we have believed to be true throughout our civilization(i.e. the personal scribblings of Mark Twain, Pope John Paul II's final thoughts, the techniques of Ayrton Senna, the metallurgy of Muramasa, etc...)

Should you choose to accept the info dump, of course.

We won't get anything from any other civilization, no matter how backward or advanced for obvious reasons.

my computer's HD is much less than 2tb, and i am not upgrading it within 48 hours, so i can't handle the truth.

i am very sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by penguin-in-leather-jacket View Post
    my computer's HD is much less than 2tb, and i am not upgrading it within 48 hours, so i can't handle the truth.

i am very sad.
    You get a hashtag all your own that says #getwiththetimes

BANNED

Sure, I'll buy the hard drive.

I basically already have all that knowledge anyway. It's called Google. The only thing missing are some state secrets, which don't really interest me that much.

Buy the hard drive, put it in a removable disk enclosure, mostly keep it in the closet, occasionally pull it out and connect it to a non-internet computer so I can peruse it for my enjoyment over a bottle of Shiner.

Actually, the contents of Alexandria would be really interesting, historically. Also, I'd laugh when I see that I was proven correct in believing that the stuff in Alexandria was the same stuff as in the other world's libraries, and no big revelations are found there. Also, as far as species origin, sure, I'd like know know which puddle of hydrocarbon goo the first replicating protein spheres came out of 4 billion years ago on Earth.

Basically, though, if you are an educated man of science and history, this hard drive is not going to hold any real surprises. It's going to be like CERN finding the Higgs-Boson last year, when they all went "Oh... it's exactly what we expected to find...".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    The only thing missing are some state secrets, which don't really interest me that much.
    No, its worse actually. And it could turn out quite badly for some people. Because it will contain the list of women who once were men(i.e. complete gender reassignment surgery records)

A lot of teenage boys are going to be committing seppuku.

"The unclouded eye is best no matter what it sees."

—Frank Herbert

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    "The unclouded eye is best no matter what it sees."

—Frank Herbert
    *Unclouded eye sees Angela Merkel's pantsu...*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    No, its worse actually. And it could turn out quite badly for some people. Because it will contain the list of women who once were men(i.e. complete gender reassignment surgery records)
    Should that bother me? I have no problem with how people want to live their private lives, or who they want to be.