Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Me, I am still upset Christian terrorists firebombed my favorite movie theater in Paris for showing "The Last Temptation of Christ".

Quote Originally Posted by DS1 View Post
    The whole controversy surrounding Seth Rogen's movie "The Interview" and the threats made by those hackers over it, leaves me wondering: has the fear of terrorism gone too far?

If Taliban terrorists started demanding that women in the US wear burquas, would laws requiring them to do so be passed?
    I'd say that SONY is more concerned with a potential lawsuit if they released the movie & some lone wolf nut decicded it was the right "time" to have a shoot-out/drop bombs. Then everyone would question the wisdom of SONY for releasing the movie. As it stands now, these small individual movie theatres are the ones that are gonna be held responsible, "If" something happens. In this way SONY'S hands are clean of any bloodshed.

Taliban has been cutting off Americans heads just for being American for years already. Burquas wont be hitting the runway as next year's fashion shows. Dubai maybe, but not NYC.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A side issue regarding the Sony hacking incident: What does this mean for members of the Playstation Network like myself? Are we at risk from those nutjobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I doubt it. They seem to have targeted Sony Pictures specifically.
    Heard about this yesterday, that the Playstation Network and Xbox Live were hacked on Christmas day by a bunch of clowns calling themselves Lizard Squad. I spent the day with relatives, then watching NBA action, so I had no idea about this until hearing the piece on my local all-news radio station Friday morning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacular Member

I thought this was a (tragically) appropriate time to bump this thread, in light of the Charlie Hebdo shootings.

Seeing as the shooters did what they did was because their prophet was made fun of, is the solution to prevent such tragedies from happening again to stop mocking religious beliefs?

I would say no. Religious whackjobs will always be provoked by someone or something. Trying not to offend them is beyond impossible. We should keep mocking them.