Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default AXIS # 8- spoilers

-The issue begins with Spider-man trying to defuse the Anti-Human bomb. Inverted Carnage comes in and sacrifices himself by covering the bomb up with his symbiote (I actually felt for the psycho a bit but I seriously doubt blowing Carnage to bits will stop him).

- The freed Inverted Avengers attack the Inverted X-men. Thor hacks the crap out of Apocalypse with his Celestial killing axe. Loki wakes up the Enchantress and asks for her help to stop Thor from killing Apocalypse and the X-men standing in his way. Thor is about to kill Apoclypse however the Absorbing man tries to stop him but gets smacked into a building.

-Cyclops and Havok team up to take Thor down but he casually bats them away. Loki manages to distract Odinson and leads him into a portal to the moon.

- Steve Rogers and Nomad note that lots of the Avengers are going down and everything is going to crap. Jarvis wakes up and let's Rogers know there's a way to stop the madness.

- The inverted heroes continue their battle with Kluh beating Rogue down and Apocalypse smacking Kluh away. The Absorbing man (who absorbed the properties of Thor's axe) smashes the heck out of Apocalypse.

- Scarlet Witch is completely destroying Latveria and owning Quicksilver and Magneto. Dr Doom appears with DOCTOR VOODOO and they take possession of Wanda's body to get her to stop. Magneto notes that he needs to get the Red Skull's body.

- The battle continues to rage on. Iron man and Falcap are searching for Red Skull but are intercepted by Havok. Iron man blasts Havok away only for them to be attacked by Storm. Iron man tells Falcap to go after Rogers and kill him.

-The issue ends with Falcap finding Rogers wearing Captain America armor with Red Skull.

Can this event end.. Please. It's such a letdown. Only one issue left and I still don't get what was the event about.

Happy Brother Voodoo's back, but that's about it. I tried, made it seven issues, but I think I give up.

I don't really think this is all that bad. Or maybe my expectations were largely reduced due to my reception original sin and fear itself. Either way, I still find axis kind of enjoyable. Does anyone know when they'll release it together instead of separate issues?

How about that... Carnage ended up saving the entire human race. Regardless of whatever he may do before or after this (as I'm sure he will have somehow survived this), he can honestly say he made a HUGE difference in the history of all mankind. A lot of heroes can't say they did as much as Carnage did in that one moment.

And I guess the mystery of who took Skull was solved... the Butler did it. Nice seeing Jarvis play a role in things. Poor guy hasn't really been seen all that much in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by TruDivination View Post
    I don't really think this is all that bad. Or maybe my expectations were largely reduced due to my reception original sin and fear itself. Either way, I still find axis kind of enjoyable. Does anyone know when they'll release it together instead of separate issues?
    I thought the middle part of the event sort of dragged, but I am enjoying the beginning and the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    How about that... Carnage ended up saving the entire human race. Regardless of whatever he may do before or after this (as I'm sure he will have somehow survived this), he can honestly say he made a HUGE difference in the history of all mankind. A lot of heroes can't say they did as much as Carnage did in that one moment.

And I guess the mystery of who took Skull was solved... the Butler did it. Nice seeing Jarvis play a role in things. Poor guy hasn't really been seen all that much in recent years.
    Oh yeah, I really loved that carnage moment. Despite knowing a bit less about him as I do other characters, I still was really able to appreciate this scene. Here's to hoping he doesn't die from this, for fans sake and for the sake of New York Decor.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And Brother Voodoo will be our deus ex machina who will solve this problem and fix this entire problem that none of the heroes/villains could solve. Hooray for out of nowhere characters who were never introduced in the plot up until now! Yay!

I thought the middle part of the event sort of dragged, but I am enjoying the beginning and the end of it.
    The middle part was slow, I'll concede on that point. The ends my favorite so far.

Why are all the heroes acting like dicks?
    And why the junk are the villains acting like heroes?
    This is crazy.

omg just clowning

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And Brother Voodoo will be our deus ex machina who will solve this problem and fix this entire problem that none of the heroes/villains could solve. Hooray for out of nowhere characters who were never introduced in the plot up until now! Yay!
    It'll probably be a mix of Wanda, Doctor Voodoo, and Red Skull acting as the sollution to the inversion. Which kind of makes sense I guess since it was a spell which started all of this. Magical problem needing a magical fix.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It'll probably be a mix of Wanda, Doctor Voodoo, and Red Skull acting as the sollution to the inversion. Which kind of makes sense I guess since it was a spell which started all of this. Magical problem needing a magical fix.
    Maybe more involvement from doctor strange is needed? Because he was originally going to cast the inversion spell with SW, but doom ended up doing it instead, and I've been wondering this whole time if that had something to do with the results.

Astonishing Member

It's hard not to feel as if these Marvel events would be better served to not be bloated up to 8 and 12 issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruDivination View Post
    Maybe more involvement from doctor strange is needed? Because he was originally going to cast the inversion spell with SW, but doom ended up doing it instead, and I've been wondering this whole time if that had something to do with the results.
    You mean it's a symptom of Doom believing himself to be a true hero and everyone else to be idiots?