Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Default AXIS # 8- spoilers

-The issue begins with Spider-man trying to defuse the Anti-Human bomb. Inverted Carnage comes in and sacrifices himself by covering the bomb up with his symbiote (I actually felt for the psycho a bit but I seriously doubt blowing Carnage to bits will stop him).

- The freed Inverted Avengers attack the Inverted X-men. Thor hacks the crap out of Apocalypse with his Celestial killing axe. Loki wakes up the Enchantress and asks for her help to stop Thor from killing Apocalypse and the X-men standing in his way. Thor is about to kill Apoclypse however the Absorbing man tries to stop him but gets smacked into a building.

-Cyclops and Havok team up to take Thor down but he casually bats them away. Loki manages to distract Odinson and leads him into a portal to the moon.

- Steve Rogers and Nomad note that lots of the Avengers are going down and everything is going to crap. Jarvis wakes up and let's Rogers know there's a way to stop the madness.

- The inverted heroes continue their battle with Kluh beating Rogue down and Apocalypse smacking Kluh away. The Absorbing man (who absorbed the properties of Thor's axe) smashes the heck out of Apocalypse.

- Scarlet Witch is completely destroying Latveria and owning Quicksilver and Magneto. Dr Doom appears with DOCTOR VOODOO and they take possession of Wanda's body to get her to stop. Magneto notes that he needs to get the Red Skull's body.

- The battle continues to rage on. Iron man and Falcap are searching for Red Skull but are intercepted by Havok. Iron man blasts Havok away only for them to be attacked by Storm. Iron man tells Falcap to go after Rogers and kill him.

-The issue ends with Falcap finding Rogers wearing Captain America armor with Red Skull.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Thor's right and Amora is wrong though, Loki isn't Thor's blood since he's adopted. They're brothers but talking about blood like that doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Thor's right and Amora is wrong though, Loki isn't Thor's blood since he's adopted. They're brothers but talking about blood like that doesn't make sense.
    adoptive siblings are real siblings.and the real Thor would never say That!

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    adoptive siblings are real siblings.and the real Thor would never say That!
    Yes, adopted siblings are real siblings, I never said they weren't but they aren't blood which specifically means genetically related. It's an incorrect usage of the word and doesn't make sense in this context. Thor and Loki aren't even the same species.

As for the real Thor never saying anything like that, he once ripped off Loki's head and wore it as a belt accessory, so let's wait until he finds out the truth about this Loki before saying what he won't do.

The amount of last second, from off-panel, saves in this issue! I think I counted seven or eight.

Yes, adopted siblings are real siblings, I never said they weren't but they aren't blood which specifically means genetically related. It's an incorrect usage of the word and doesn't make sense in this context. Thor and Loki aren't even the same species.

As for the real Thor never saying anything like that, he once ripped off Loki's head and wore it as a belt accessory, so let's wait until he finds out the truth about this Loki before saying what he won't do.
    I wonder Thor maybe say what he really thinks

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suspect the consequences for the X-Men at least won't be completely ignored.
    Yeah, like if the normal humans ever needed a reason to hate the X-men.

Honestly I think that's just how the X-universe works. It's designed to play them as the victim, even if at times it means throwing everyone else under the bus to do it. Essentially the government and public need to be bigots, while the rest of the heroes are apathetic, so that the X-Men can be cast the roles that they're in.

I find it constant violin playing in the background a little tiring at times, but really it's a bit part of what makes the X-Men different from other super hero books.
    http://www.myinstants.com/instant/sad-violin/.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorponok View Post
    If anything the X-Men will be further isolated, since the public would never get over that they kicked out everyone in NYC. But if word about the bomb's existence gets out, that will be too much. No matter what happens, it's stuff like this that justifies their fear and hatred for mutants. Where as the Avengers can at least salvage their reputation.
    Well, since AvX, its not like the X-men had a reputation anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    But surely the Avengers will stick up for the X Men and explain that their evil acts were because an Avenger inverted them?
    *laughs*The Avengers..............*laughs*........sticking...u p....for.............*laughs*......the X-men*laughs*. . I cant breath.............
    Come on, be serious, you know that we are talking about the 616 universe's Avengers, not the movie-verse ones, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Question: So we've seen that the non-inverted heroes on the Avengers side of house have been captured. We've seen Steve Rogers and the other non-inverted "heroes" working against the inverted crew. Has anyone established where the non-inverted X-Men are, or it is assumed they are inverted because they are no where to be found? Part of the reason I am really having difficulty digesting this crossover is that there are so many unexplained plot elements like that.
    Well, according to the Deadpool tie-in, everyone who lives at the JGS was in Genosha at the moment of the Inversión spell.

Amazing Member

The fact that to understand this story one is supposed to read Breevort's interviews is the definitive nail in the coffin of this event...

Im sure Thor has said this exact same thing though somewhere, while trying to beat sense into Loki again, multiple times probably though i can't remember where. It's funny how an argument you once made becomes completely worthless once it no longer suits you.

Can this event end.. Please. It's such a letdown. Only one issue left and I still don't get what was the event about.

Happy Brother Voodoo's back, but that's about it. I tried, made it seven issues, but I think I give up.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And Brother Voodoo will be our deus ex machina who will solve this problem and fix this entire problem that none of the heroes/villains could solve. Hooray for out of nowhere characters who were never introduced in the plot up until now! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And Brother Voodoo will be our deus ex machina who will solve this problem and fix this entire problem that none of the heroes/villains could solve. Hooray for out of nowhere characters who were never introduced in the plot up until now! Yay!
    It'll probably be a mix of Wanda, Doctor Voodoo, and Red Skull acting as the sollution to the inversion. Which kind of makes sense I guess since it was a spell which started all of this. Magical problem needing a magical fix.

It'll probably be a mix of Wanda, Doctor Voodoo, and Red Skull acting as the sollution to the inversion. Which kind of makes sense I guess since it was a spell which started all of this. Magical problem needing a magical fix.
    Maybe more involvement from doctor strange is needed? Because he was originally going to cast the inversion spell with SW, but doom ended up doing it instead, and I've been wondering this whole time if that had something to do with the results.