Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It'll probably be a mix of Wanda, Doctor Voodoo, and Red Skull acting as the sollution to the inversion. Which kind of makes sense I guess since it was a spell which started all of this. Magical problem needing a magical fix.
    Well, you got to admit though, Doctor Voodoo kind of just popped right out of nowhere. No buildup, no mentioned of the guy up until now, such and such. He's sort of a plot device who's going to be used to solve this problem, or alongside others, and he has no other reason or purpose besides that. Hell, not even much in the way of characterization. Just boom, there he is now!

I'm gonna take a guess and say that when Doom brought back Cassie Lang he decided to bring Doctor Voodoo back as well, not saying that's how it's going to be explained that's just what I think happened.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Considering how little story development we've had I'm guessing that the final issue will be rushed as hell and the consequences of everything that has gone down will shortly be swept under the carpet. This concept had potential but it was wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    You mean it's a symptom of Doom believing himself to be a true hero and everyone else to be idiots?
    Or doom was plotting something. Or sw's history with him screwed something up. Or anything really. As a plot element the switch didn't make much sense to me unless it serves as the real reason things turned out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Considering how little story development we've had I'm guessing that the final issue will be rushed as hell and the consequences of everything that has gone down will shortly be swept under the carpet. This concept had potential but it was wasted.
    I suspect the consequences for the X-Men at least won't be completely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suspect the consequences for the X-Men at least won't be completely ignored.
    Especially now that it could be common knowledge that the JGS is harboring an Apocalypse Clone. I will be very upset if there's no portrayal of how this whole matter will affect him, seeing as a major point in his character is his wish to be Genesis and his greatest fear of doing the very thing he's doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well, you got to admit though, Doctor Voodoo kind of just popped right out of nowhere. No buildup, no mentioned of the guy up until now, such and such. He's sort of a plot device who's going to be used to solve this problem, or alongside others, and he has no other reason or purpose besides that. Hell, not even much in the way of characterization. Just boom, there he is now!
    Yeah I think that's one of the problems faced here. It's good to see Doctor Voodoo back but it just was random in the way it went down. I mean we knew he was in the next roster for Vol 2 for Uncanny Avengers but still no real build up to the reveal.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the X-Men will be stuck holding the bag while everyone else just moves on. So once again, Marvel craps all over the X-Men. God this event sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, the X-Men will be stuck holding the bag while everyone else just moves on. So once again, Marvel craps all over the X-Men. God this event sucks.
    Honestly I think that's just how the X-universe works. It's designed to play them as the victim, even if at times it means throwing everyone else under the bus to do it. Essentially the government and public need to be bigots, while the rest of the heroes are apathetic, so that the X-Men can be cast the roles that they're in.

I find it constant violin playing in the background a little tiring at times, but really it's a bit part of what makes the X-Men different from other super hero books.

Ultimate Member

Yes, it's getting old. Do something different for once Marvel, this is just boring now. Especially since the Avengers have been acting as much massive a-holes during the mess as the X-Men have. Heck they turned Captain Falcon into a freaking fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, it's getting old. Do something different for once Marvel, this is just boring now. Especially since the Avengers have been acting as much massive a-holes during the mess as the X-Men have. Heck they turned Captain Falcon into a freaking fascist.
    The Avengers have acted badly, but the difference is they've been doing it largely behind closed doors. The major exception is really Wanda, who is openly attacking Latveria. But honestly I don't think too many will be upset over that given that it's Dr. Dooms hometown. The other major exception might be Hulk, but him rampaging frankly isn't anything new.

The X-Men acted very publically, and that's much harder to just sweep under the carpet. And I'm not sure the X-Men writers would even want to sweep it under the rug even if they could. They now get to do their whole X nation thing we saw glimpses of in Hickmans book.

BANNED

From the sound of it this is basically a battle issue.

i don't know if there has been a story that I have read that has had as much action as this yet been so boring to me. Very little about this event has resonated with me or provided much if any enjoyment.

The only thing that has me interested right now is the Brother Voodoo reveal. Not that he is back to life which I care very little about, but the fact that Doom had to make a pact with some demi-god to resurrect him. I want to see the fall-out of that (although I hope it is a different writer who handles it).
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    i don't know if there has been a story that I have read that has had as much action as this yet been so boring to me. Very little about this event has resonated with me or provided much if any enjoyment.

The only thing that has me interested right now is the Brother Voodoo reveal. Not that he is back to life which I care very little about, but the fact that Doom had to make a pact with some demi-god to resurrect him. I want to see the fall-out of that (although I hope it is a different writer who handles it).
    I was actually a fan of Remenders Dr. Voodoo series, which featured Voodoo and Doom together. Based on that, I definately think he can handle some sort of magical story with the two characters.

This is inverted Doom, right? Interesting given how Doom and Voodoo practically hate each other.