Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suspect the consequences for the X-Men at least won't be completely ignored.
    Some sort of spell has to re-invert Kluh and Evan, then everyone else inverted will shake the sleep out of their heads and wonder what just happened. And is the end result of AXIS that the Red Skull is gone, and we see the return of Charles Xavier, because the whole point of the inversion was to push what was behind Skulls subconscious forward, and that would be Charles.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-18-2014 at 02:19 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I hope so. If Xavier's echo or whatever is gone then it was, point less.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And Brother Voodoo will be our deus ex machina who will solve this problem and fix this entire problem that none of the heroes/villains could solve. Hooray for out of nowhere characters who were never introduced in the plot up until now! Yay!
    I know that's sarcasm, but I'm honestly happy They brought back Voodoo.

I'm among those who completely written off AXIS as a terrible event. I think it has been better than some of Marvel's other recent events. I still say this event is far more interesting than Avengers vs. X-men, Fear Itself, or Secret Invasion. But I concede that this series has more than its share of flaws and I'm not just talking about the retcons. The whole structure of this story has been messy to say the least. The concept itself is pretty interesting. I think the idea of inverting the heroes and villains has led to some nice moments. This issue even had one of those moments with Carnage. But overall, the execution has been lacking. I gave early issues a pass because I thought future issues could correct these flaws. Now with one issue left, I don't think that these issues will be corrected. That doesn't make AXIS bad. It just means it can only be mediocre at best.

This issue had some nice moments. Carnage's sacrifice was by far the best. But overall, I thought the whole battle between the X-men, Avengers, and inverted villains was too chaotic and disorganized. It didn't seem to lead to anything. Nobody besides Carnage even said anything that was that memorable. It just moved the story forward to the point where they could set up the final showdown. That still counts as progress, but not much more than that. I don't think it's bad, but it's just getting a bit predictable at this point. The final issue could still make it great, but at this point I think that's unlikely. I did a full review of this issue on my blog. If anyone is interested and it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Is there an explanation as to why the Red Skulls face is not red anymore? Does his personality affect the colour of his face?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is there an explanation as to why the Red Skulls face is not red anymore?
    He is trying to be incognito...

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I thought it was enchanted specifically for Celestials.
    Specifically for Celestial armor, which Poccy is wearing, so it should go right through to wound his actual body.

Which it's doing, but for some reason not so quickly effective on him as on the humongously giant Celestials. I guess there are advantages to being fleshy as opposed to loose energy inside the crunchy shell....

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Wonder why that axe does a better job on actual Celestials than on a mere mutant human, however powerful for his kind, on the same scale as Thor?
    It sort of makes sense. The Ax is designed to kill Celestials and Poccy isn't actually a Celestial. He uses Celestial tech, which the Ax is very effective against. But that just means Thor can get past his hammer easily. Once you get past the armor, it's just a big ax being swung by Thor... which still sucks, but it's not necessarily an instant KO.

I suspect the consequences for the X-Men at least won't be completely ignored.
    Yeah, like if the normal humans ever needed a reason to hate the X-men.

Honestly I think that's just how the X-universe works. It's designed to play them as the victim, even if at times it means throwing everyone else under the bus to do it. Essentially the government and public need to be bigots, while the rest of the heroes are apathetic, so that the X-Men can be cast the roles that they're in.

I find it constant violin playing in the background a little tiring at times, but really it's a bit part of what makes the X-Men different from other super hero books.
    http://www.myinstants.com/instant/sad-violin/.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorponok View Post
    If anything the X-Men will be further isolated, since the public would never get over that they kicked out everyone in NYC. But if word about the bomb's existence gets out, that will be too much. No matter what happens, it's stuff like this that justifies their fear and hatred for mutants. Where as the Avengers can at least salvage their reputation.
    Well, since AvX, its not like the X-men had a reputation anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    But surely the Avengers will stick up for the X Men and explain that their evil acts were because an Avenger inverted them?
    *laughs*The Avengers..............*laughs*........sticking...u p....for.............*laughs*......the X-men*laughs*. . I cant breath.............
    Come on, be serious, you know that we are talking about the 616 universe's Avengers, not the movie-verse ones, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Question: So we've seen that the non-inverted heroes on the Avengers side of house have been captured. We've seen Steve Rogers and the other non-inverted "heroes" working against the inverted crew. Has anyone established where the non-inverted X-Men are, or it is assumed they are inverted because they are no where to be found? Part of the reason I am really having difficulty digesting this crossover is that there are so many unexplained plot elements like that.
    Well, according to the Deadpool tie-in, everyone who lives at the JGS was in Genosha at the moment of the Inversión spell.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, like if the normal humans ever needed a reason to hate the X-men.
    Well, I suppose ya never know.

Last time Scott tried destroying all of humanity (while under outside influence) he ended up on the cover of Rolling Stone a few months later. Maybe this time around after trying to destroy all of humanity (again while under outside influence), Scott along with Alex and Poccy can get varient covers on TV Guilde or something.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I know that's sarcasm, but I'm honestly happy They brought back Voodoo.
    It makes me wonder if the ulterior raison d'etre for Axis is to bring back characters who had a needless death like Jericho Drumm and Cassie Lang. Cassie was Heinberg's chosen sacrificial lamb for Children's Crusade or I guess there was some kind of rule that you couldn't have two characters with the last name of Lang be alive at the same time. Jericho Drumm was part of all that build up because there was this need for a new Sorceror Supreme. But then he never really got to do that much when he had the title anyway. The odd part about is that Doom is the one that brings them both back to the land of the living again. Maybe he should be called the Resurrectionist.

Is there anyone else out there that could come back? I assume Captain Marvel is still a no go for that. Maybe I should do a poll

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It makes me wonder if the ulterior raison d'etre for Axis is to bring back characters who had a needless death like Jericho Drumm and Cassie Lang. Cassie was Heinberg's chosen sacrificial lamb for Children's Crusade or I guess there was some kind of rule that you couldn't have two characters with the last name of Lang be alive at the same time. Jericho Drumm was part of all that build up because there was this need for a new Sorceror Supreme. But then he never really got to do that much when he had the title anyway. The odd part about is that Doom is the one that brings them both back to the land of the living again. Maybe he should be called the Resurrectionist.

Is there anyone else out there that could come back? I assume Captain Marvel is still a no go for that. Maybe I should do a poll
    Goliath is a glaring one. I feel like Avengers teams should have a size changer so put him on Uncanny or Mighty.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Goliath is a glaring one. I feel like Avengers teams should have a size changer so put him on Uncanny or Mighty.
    Now that you mention it, I'm sort of surprised they haven't stuck Ant Man on an Avengers team. He's got a movie coming out down the line... putting him on some sort of monthly would make sense.

Still, I'm sure they have plans for him down the line especially if they just brought his daughter back (likely because of the movies).

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That's a good one. Maybe when I get home later I'll start working on some candidates for a separate poll

One thing I found interesting was how inverted Iron Man wanted Steve dead.

If Stark remains inverted after Axis (and I'm not sure that's something that was actually verified anywhere), then I suppose it's no wonder that Steve and Stark couldn't work things out when they tried meeting again. Obviously Stark wanting Steve dead is somewhat of a deal breaker as far as the two trying to make amends.

Also not surprising that Natasha and Widow would opt not to release the guy from his cage.