Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

I wonder how many times Remender has had a character call another character an egotist.

Quite enjoying this event. Not sure why people are complaining about it so much, better than any event (besides Annihilation) since Joe Joe Q took over.

BANNED

People are complaining about it because it's badly written.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Seems like the X-Men are being nerfed hardcore to make the Avengers look better and... Where the heck is Rachel to go all TP/TK on the Avengers? Heck, where are most of the heavy hitters for the X-Men?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Quite enjoying this event. Not sure why people are complaining about it so much, better than any event (besides Annihilation) since Joe Joe Q took over.
    I'm enjoying it too but it does seem to have divided people.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is there an explanation as to why the Red Skulls face is not red anymore? Does his personality affect the colour of his face?
    If I had to guess, it's supposed to represent the change of personality. His form is composed of psionic energy currently so its variable as shown that he went from Red Onslaught to this human form.

I've enjoyed the event thus far, but I think that's mostly due to two things:

1. I was already following UA and enjoying it's direction (which clearly isn't the case of everyone).

2. I liked that the event acted more as a catalyst for some interesting one off stories for all the inverted characters. Some really cool character study stuff in books like Carnage and Avengers World.

I think this event just works better as spring board moments rather than a primary driving plot. Whether that justifies. It being an event or not is really just down to personal taste and how it affects what you are already reading.

BTW Can anyone explain to me why no one knows how Carnage's powers work? It was my one gripe this issue, especially considering Remender's history writing Venom. Just because you are wearing a symbiote does not mean your original body can shape shift like the alien does; so why does everyone keep drawing Carnage like he is some crazy mix between John Carpenter's The Thing and The Blob? Seriously, those panels where he smothers the bomb have him as red silly puddy with a slightly protruding face.
    Last edited by phantombassist; 12-18-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantombassist View Post
    BTW Can anyone explain to me why no one knows how Carnage's powers work? It was my one gripe this issue, especially considering Remender's history writing Venom. Just because you are wearing a symbiote does not mean your original body can shape shift like the alien does; so why does everyone keep drawing Carnage like he is some crazy mix between John Carpenter's The Thing and The Blob? Seriously, those panels where he smothers the bomb have him as red silly puddy with a slightly protruding face.
    I'd try and explain but I can't. Its been like that since Venom first started eating brains.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I'd try and explain but I can't. Its been like that since Venom first started eating brains.

Yea that's when I started noticing a lot of 'creative license' use myself. Just seems like something they could easily enough address and/or retroactively fix. Ah well, there is always hope in retcons (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    One thing I found interesting was how inverted Iron Man wanted Steve dead.

If Stark remains inverted after Axis (and I'm not sure that's something that was actually verified anywhere), then I suppose it's no wonder that Steve and Stark couldn't work things out when they tried meeting again. Obviously Stark wanting Steve dead is somewhat of a deal breaker as far as the two trying to make amends.

Also not surprising that Natasha and Widow would opt not to release the guy from his cage.
    It was confirmed that Tony remains inverted on the 1st page of Superior IM #1.

Quote Originally Posted by phantombassist View Post
    I liked that the event acted more as a catalyst for some interesting one off stories for all the inverted characters. Some really cool character study stuff in books like Carnage and Avengers World.

I think this event just works better as spring board moments rather than a primary driving plot. Whether that justifies. It being an event or not is really just down to personal taste and how it affects what you are already reading.
    Agreed on this! And I think Axis:Revolutions by-and-large has been an excellent series in expanding the inversion-part of the story. Much more depth and complexity than in the main event where I find the concept more shallow and one-dimensional (especially for the heroes).

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just cannot believe the non-inverted X-Men, like Marvelgirl, Magik, Emma, Psylocke, Beast, Quintin, Armor, Cuckoos etc are not included in this story to oppose the inverted X-Men/Avengers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Seems like the X-Men are being nerfed hardcore to make the Avengers look better and... Where the heck is Rachel to go all TP/TK on the Avengers? Heck, where are most of the heavy hitters for the X-Men?
    The weird thing is that the even Kitty and Teen Jean are missing from the battle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I just cannot believe the non-inverted X-Men, like Marvelgirl, Magik, Emma, Psylocke, Beast, Quintin, Armor, Cuckoos etc are not included in this story to oppose the inverted X-Men/Avengers.
    How is Marvel Girl ?.

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    It was confirmed that Tony remains inverted on the 1st page of Superior IM #1.
    Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's still inverted as of the time of Time Runs Out.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's still inverted as of the time of Time Runs Out.
    Yeah, just because he still wearing his white armor that doesnt mean he still inverted, after all its not like his armor was inverted too.