1.) infinity
    2.) Fear itself
    3.) Siege

WORST
    1.) age of ultron
    2.) avx
    3.) Axis

django-jackson.jpg

In your opinion what makes Axis better than AvX? Because as bad as AvX was it had way higher highs than Axis and not nearly as many lows.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

If you're not sure if you are tripping, consult a medical professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillero View Post
    This is the most obviously fan-fictiony out of the bunch. "Good guys are bad and bad guys are good because reasons! And then there's a badder Hulk that we'll call Kluh! BRILLIANT". I could see my 5 years old cousin coming up with this.

Just ughhh.

There is a kind of perverse fascination to it: You want to read the next issue just to see if it can get worse...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    Inane means stupid or dumb? How in God's name do you figure that? It was a brilliant mixing of mythos for cap and Thor not a single dumb thing about it
    Heh. Ok then.

I sincerely doubt that it can be worse than Bota.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    Civil War was worse. AvX was worse (and more stupid). But, yeah, it suuuuuuucks. And may be setting up a universe reboot with the whole other stuff going on in Avengers, because Marvel seems to breaking their toys at a record pace at the moment.

How was Civil War worse?

Axis seems really bad form what I've heard. AvX was bad and even offensive to x-fans, but at least you could understand what was happening, Axis seems to be a really big mess.
    Last edited by Viteh; 12-17-2014 at 12:53 PM.

BOTA then Age of Ultron are worse.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random Black Guy View Post
    How was Civil War worse?
    Civil War was worse because it made it hard to root for a lot of beloved characters. It was worse because it made Tony Stark a bad guy at a time when Marvel really should have been making him likable. It was worse because of the plot-induced stupidity and mind-numbingly bad characterization it forced on characters (at least in AXIS we can blame it all on Wanda). It was worse because it led to the wholesale, unnecessary slaughter of a lot of Marvel's C-listers. It was worse because it forced Captain America and Iron Man to come to blows over POLITICS. They should have been able to settle their differences peacefully without Tony turning into a coldhearted fascist who hunted down his friends.

That said, Civil War DID give us Warren Ellis' "Thunderbolts" and Dan Slott's "Avengers: The Initiative."
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Why are you reading it? If I know something's gonna be bad I don't read it. I'd rather spend money on books I like.
    wot r u reading, friend?

i am reading some Bolano "Woes of the True Policeman", and I love how he gets off his customary digs at the Latin American late-20th century poet hierarchy, especially that bedwetter and fellow Chilean Neruda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I sincerely doubt that it can be worse than Bota.
    BOTA was just boring. This seriously damages the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    bota was just boring. This seriously damages the characters.
    this!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

How was Civil War worse?
    Nonsensical plot. Turned the pro-registration guys into veritable fascists, which automatically disqualifies them from being right. Although the pro-reg side obviously was in the wrong by way of their actions, it was clear that by editorial mandate they were going to win. The end of the final fight between Cap and Iron Man, with all the "patriotic citizens" (cop, fireman, EMT, soldier) grappling Cap off Iron Man was sickening in its obvious attempt to emotionally manipulate readers against Cap. Damaged a lot of characters with readers, worst of all Iron Man.

I can't believe people have already forgotten how loathed that event was at the time.

Fantastic Member

Just ughhh.
    My only discomfort with the event is the Magneto revelation. Other than that, I really take no issue to it, and here's why.

A few years ago I came on this board and spoke about being marks to the business. Being so caught up in storylines and collecting issues that you're unable to refrain from purchasing something you don't like.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. Continued support of these events prompts Marvel to do more, and the quality has gone down event after event. Age of Ultron looked like a reworked attempt to shoehorn an event that was really suppose to be an arc in Avengers. I can't speak on Fear Itself or Chaos War because I really didn't read those.

Listen man, I'm not trying to get banned or start a fight, but the key really is to stop supporting this stuff. You have to walk away in order for it to change.