Amazing Member

Default Hack/Slash (with Spoilers)

Since the old thread is gone it is time for a new one.

The timing is just perfect since a new Hack/Slash mini series is due out soon.

HACK/SLASH: SON OF SAMHAIN #1
    story: MICHAEL MORECI & STEVE SEELEY
    art: EMILIO LAISO
    Due date: July the 2nd

Your favorite slasher hunter is BACK! When a mysterious cult of monsters arises, Cassie is forced to return to the life she thought she’d left behind. Coupled with a new partner and faced with enemies unlike any she has battled before, Cassie must confront the darkness in the world—and in her own life—in new ways. The agents of evil never rest; unfortunately for them, neither does Cassie Hack.

Here's a little teaser pic..

tumblr_n3cp0o9NvA1srplsro1_500.jpg

BANNED

I never bothered with the Army of Darkness crossover since I thought, if that was it, the series finale was the best place to end. But I'll get this. Here's hoping Moreci does a good job.

AoD vs. Hack/Slash is real good fun, and the final issue really does serve as a nice epilogue to the series finale. I'd give it a shot. Think the trade comes out soon.

Anyways, real excited for the new book... just have to put that out there and make it known following the CBR forum nuke.

Amazing Member

Due to the reboot of the forum, we can pretty much repeat a lot of the things we've already said since I imagine, while the old threads are archived at the moment, they'll eventually be pruned.

The only crossovers I enjoyed were the ones with Chucky and Evil Ernie. The worse one however was the Eva crossover, it had some nice art but the story was just weak, and why didn't Cassie turn after being bitten by a werewolf? I don't think any writer has ever broken that part of the werewolf lore before, nor should anyone ever attempt it. One of the things that makes werewolves interesting is it just takes a scratch or a bite and the person is cursed.

BANNED

That Chucky crossover is one of my favs. And some of the best art in the series.

Hack/Slash rocks! I recommend those 5 omnibus books to everyone, it's a terrific run. I look forward to checking out AoD vs Hack/Slash when the paperback comes soon. As for the mini from the next team, I'm a bit dubious, but will give a try.

Teaser! Art by Emilio Laiso and Stefano Caselli!

newtune.jpg

Also, solicitation for issue 2...

STK647469.jpg

HACK SLASH SON OF SAMHAIN #2

(W) Michael Moreci, Steve Seeley (A) Emilio Laiso (CA) Stefano Caselli
    Item Code: JUN140552
    In Shops: 8/6/2014
    SRP: $3.50

After escaping Morinto’s cave, Cassie and Delroy take to the desert to track the mysterious boy the monsters were holding captive. Their search leads them to the Scalpers, a gnarly group that doesn’t take kindly to visitors. Meanwhile, Morinto confronts the mythical God Beast.

SuperHeroStuff now has a bunch of HACK/SLASH merchandise now (keychains, buttons, magnets, shirts, etc)... http://www.superherostuff.com/hack-s...rchandise.html
    Last edited by Jeff Bohn; 06-02-2014 at 08:11 PM.

It just won't be the same without Vlad...
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Spectacular Member

Man, I still need to buy volumes 4 and 5 of the omnibus. Since the story is continuing, I'll pick up the Hack/Slash and Army of Darkness crossover to get myself in the mood for more mayhem. I agree with Exciter that Vlad will be sorely missed, though. If the titular Son of Samhain is an effective little slasher with the kind of a child, maybe he'll end up being a decent mini-Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    For sure. I'm looking forward to this but I'm not sure it's going to have the same feeling for me without Vlad.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Comics & Music Enthusiast NerdyDJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I feel the same way, he made more of the comedic moments of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    For sure. I'm looking forward to this but I'm not sure it's going to have the same feeling for me without Vlad.
    Agreed!

Amazing Member

GBJR toys finally posted a prototype pic of the Cassie figure on Facebook but it was extremely small. I enlarged it using Gimp but of course it got a little blurry. But I figured I'd share it anyways for those who aren't following GBJR on Facebook. As far as I know the pic isn't on the official site. They tend to post more updates on Twitter and FB but well, that's how things are now with bands, game companies, etc, and so on.

1044539_10152563979750917_6264801161859058203_n.jpg
    Last edited by Deviancy; 07-02-2014 at 06:13 PM.