Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You are suggesting that the reviewers gender affects their sense of judgement here?

I didn't say anything like that. I do think it's interesting that the majority of excellent reviews were from women though which has been part of Wonder Woman's target audience from its inception.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I didn't say anything like that. I do think it's interesting that the majority of excellent reviews were from women though which has been part of Wonder Woman's target audience from its inception.
    I'll be honest, but the two who gave it a 10 seem to have been reading a different book than the one I did.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'll be honest, but the two who gave it a 10 seem to have been reading a different book than the one I did.
    They're definitely reading the same book my husband and I are. We're loving it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Do you really think that anyone would read a negative review of a comic and say "Oh well, Comic Reviewer X doesn't like this book so I'm dropping it!"?

Granted it's been several years and I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure that Picoult(as lousy as her run was) was only scheduled to be a fill-in until DC found a new permanent writer for Wonder Woman being that Heinberg fell way behind in terms of scheduling and DC had to plug the hole until someone with a long-term vision for Diana could be found.

I'm not covering my eyes and ears to the bad reviews. I know they're out there. I just simply could care less about them, as most comic readers should. There are plenty of books that get terrible reviews that don't get creative overhauls. Look at how long Lobdell was on Teen Titans.

You can keep your insults about my supposed lack of business acumen out of this thread as we're supposed to discuss the book, not each other.
    Depends on whether it is a good reviewer or not.

Cultural critique is not just "opinion". Nor are all opinions equally valid.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

While I do read reviews, they never have any impact on whether or not I pick up a book or drop a comicbook/music/movie/novel, etc. With comic books specifically, that determining factor is the Writer or the Artist and more so MY enjoyment...or lack thereof...of said comic book.

I read wot I like, wot interests ME. Reviewer/critics are not spending MY money so I could not care any less wot they have to say...especially if it's a book that I am quite enjoying. (like the Finches Wonder Woman, so far).
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.