Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Bucky got captured, outmaneuvered, tricked, etc A LOT during his tenure as Cap. So I'm not seeing how Sam is being treated any worse. The BIG mistake in all of this was launching this book when they did. You have Sam being Sam in this book, but in two other books, including the big event book that Marvel's doing right now, he's being written like a gigantic a-hole/borderline fascist. I still do not understand why Marvel picked THIS moment to make Sam Captain America, when they were just going to IMMEDIATELY do that to him. Compared to that, this book is being overshadowed, under-marketed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Bucky got captured, outmaneuvered, tricked, etc A LOT during his tenure as Cap. So I'm not seeing how Sam is being treated any worse. The BIG mistake in all of this was launching this book when they did. You have Sam being Sam in this book, but in two other books, including the big event book that Marvel's doing right now, he's being written like a gigantic a-hole/borderline fascist. I still do not understand why Marvel picked THIS moment to make Sam Captain America, when they were just going to IMMEDIATELY do that to him. Compared to that, this book is being overshadowed, under-marketed.
    And I admit that is probably why I am a bit sensitive to this title. I will give Remender this--at least he is writing Sam as a hero. In the other crossovers its like "who is this guy"

Also, after Doctor Voodoo became Sorcerer Supreme it seems like the same trajectory as Sam...maybe I am reading too much into it.

but If Sam gets curb stomped by Doom or Red Skull the parallels will be scary.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

This issue was even better than the last. Not only does HDYRA have a mole in the Avengers, but in every super hero team out there. I was surprised to see Misty here, and I was also surprised that the little boy was actually a part of Hydra. I also loved how this issue ended on a strong cliff hanger that makes it looks like Nomad is dead. This series continues to not disappoint and I can't wait to see Cap fight Sin.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

I finally got to read this issue and I'm going to give it another go. With Axis and the infinite's poor portrayal of Sam I was rightfully on edge with what will happen in this title as well. While I am not totally convinced that I can let my guard down I am more satisfied with this issue that I have been with the others. However, in saying that there are still traces of my concerns within this issue that I think people should keep an eye out for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I finally got to read this issue and I'm going to give it another go. With Axis and the infinite's poor portrayal of Sam I was rightfully on edge with what will happen in this title as well. While I am not totally convinced that I can let my guard down I am more satisfied with this issue that I have been with the others. However, in saying that there are still traces of my concerns within this issue that I think people should keep an eye out for.
    yeah like Parallel Story-telling. Ineffectual battle results.

Minor Nickpick...but I hope this Falcon makes an appearance sometime.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 12-20-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Sam is pretty bad ass in this story. He isnt incompetent in the slightest. This is a huge threat that Sam is fighting, and the hopes of a Misty/Sam pairing has me salivating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Sam is pretty bad ass in this story. He isnt incompetent in the slightest. This is a huge threat that Sam is fighting, and the hopes of a Misty/Sam pairing has me salivating.
    What did he do that was bad ass? he got shot by a kid. left his partner to be captured and seemingly killed. Got curb stomped by Crossbones and was saved by Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post

Minor Nickpick...but I hope this Falcon makes an appearance sometime.

In all honestly I don't think any of that is exactly unfair writing.

Hand to hand I do think Doom would get the better of Voodoo... Dooms armor gives him a pretty big edge there. And I do think hand to hand Cross Bones will likely get the better of Falcon. Falcon simply doesn't have Steve's physical stats or even his fighting skill. He's no slouch... but Cross Bones likely would have the edge there too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all honestly I don't think any of that is exactly unfair writing.

Hand to hand I do think Doom would get the better of Voodoo... Dooms armor gives him a pretty big edge there. And I do think hand to hand Cross Bones will likely get the better of Falcon. Falcon simply doesn't have Steve's physical stats or even his fighting skill. He's no slouch... but Cross Bones likely would have the edge there too.
    Fair enough. But you do have to admit Falcons early failures and Doctor Voodoo's in his ongoing are strikingly similar given they are/were crafted by the same writer. I will gladly eat my foot..if falcon doesn't get beat-up again in the 3rd issue, be a third party in his own title or has to team-up with some villain just to accomplish what other heroes mainly do on their own.

BANNED

FalCap shooting Crossbones freaking shoulder off would have been "bad ass" but hey, different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Whoa!

The panels are virtually the same frame for frame. :smh:
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-20-2014 at 06:42 PM.

BANNED

Pretty much u dont have to shoot him in the head.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Please Rick aint good enough to be put in the same sentence as Grant and I not even that big of a Batman fan.
    I understand.

Extraordinary Member

This is a huge threat that Sam is fighting, and the hopes of a Misty/Sam pairing has me salivating.
    That would be very interesting, if written right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Pretty much u dont have to shoot him in the head.
    Exactly.

FalCap getting all ruthless with it rather than faking the funk with a drawn gun would have let Crossbones know that Wilson was serious.

Fair enough. But you do have to admit Falcons early failures and Doctor Voodoo's in his ongoing are strikingly similar given they are/were crafted by the same writer. I will gladly eat my foot..if falcon doesn't get beat-up again in the 3rd issue, be a third party in his own title or has to team-up with some villain just to accomplish what other heroes mainly do on their own.

I wouldn't necessarily bet money on BuckyCap being able to take Crossbones hand to hand either. But I guess that's the upside of packing a piece. Bullets tend to even things out a bit.

I'll wager if Sam carried a gun he might be having a slightly easier time in his fight with Crossbones.