Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGodKing View Post
    Um. Misty's new costume is all kinds of fire. I hope she keeps that look.
    I think it's one of the coolest costumes I've ever seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily bet money on BuckyCap being able to take Crossbones hand to hand either. But I guess that's the upside of packing a piece. Bullets tend to even things out a bit.

I'll wager if Sam carried a gun he might be having a slightly easier time in his fight with Crossbones.
    You were saying?

A gun's useless if the trigger isn't pulled at the right time.

Spectacular Member

I dug this issue. So, I guess Misty is Sam's Black Widow? Kinda funny that it's kinda inverted. When Bucky was Cap, he had a Cyber-Arm and Black Widow to help out, now Sam has Misty helping him, with a cyber arm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    I dug this issue. So, I guess Misty is Sam's Black Widow? Kinda funny that it's kinda inverted. When Bucky was Cap, he had a Cyber-Arm and Black Widow to help out, now Sam has Misty helping him, with a cyber arm.
    Nice observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    Haha, thats pretty cool.

I liked this issue myself, despite the Crossbones fight where I think Sam should've wiped the floor with him. I was hoping we would see more of Sam's fighting skills since he became Cap, and he's done good against thugs and guards and the like but I want to see him hold him own against a real bruiser. I wonder what kind of fighting style Sam has anyway. I assume boxing, judo and the like since that what Steve knows, but I wonder which style works best with his wings. Anyway, despite that I really liked the issue. The art is unbelievably gorgeous, did not expect the appearance from the badass Misty Knight at all and the end with Nomad was legitimately shocking. Even though we know he survives it was a seriously shocking moment to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Exactly.

FalCap getting all ruthless with it rather than faking the funk with a drawn gun would have let Crossbones know that Wilson was serious.
    Sam's not that kind of hero, and I'm glad he didn't go down that road either. I get enough morally corrupted Sam in EVERY OTHER TITLE HE'S IN. I want real heroics here.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Haha, thats pretty cool.

I liked this issue myself, despite the Crossbones fight where I think Sam should've wiped the floor with him. I was hoping we would see more of Sam's fighting skills since he became Cap, and he's done good against thugs and guards and the like but I want to see him hold him own against a real bruiser. I wonder what kind of fighting style Sam has anyway. I assume boxing, judo and the like since that what Steve knows, but I wonder which style works best with his wings. Anyway, despite that I really liked the issue. The art is unbelievably gorgeous, did not expect the appearance from the badass Misty Knight at all and the end with Nomad was legitimately shocking. Even though we know he survives it was a seriously shocking moment to see.
    Yeah, the ending was kinda shocking.

Especially coming from Zemo because there are times Zemo can almost fool you into thinking he's not THAT bad a guy. But he's pretty much a monster and proves it here.

Falcap was teleported into an unknown environment, unknowingly thust into rescuing an enemy who turned on him, while surrounded by a community of super villains, and worrying that he left Ian to die, because Crossbones distracted Sam too long to get back to Ian, as well as learning now he can't trust calling back for assistance. I don't even think a super soldier Steve Rogers would be on top of that.

I don't know why Falcap fell down into that sleezy den, when he could have flapped his wings and get back to Ian, though. Was his wing contraption broken?

This does feel like a counter-Dimension Z, though, in how isolating Sam is made to feel, so he is stuck in this 'Dimension'. It's like New Avengers, in that Remender puts his characters in positions they can't operate in, (like Incursions). "Here Sam. Stay in this den of thieves, like the Wasp in Micro world, and just survive as long as you can".
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-21-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily bet money on BuckyCap being able to take Crossbones hand to hand either. But I guess that's the upside of packing a piece. Bullets tend to even things out a bit.

I'll wager if Sam carried a gun he might be having a slightly easier time in his fight with Crossbones.
    Crossbones is pretty capable all things considered. He's stomped Captain America once or twice as well.

And in regards to Sam not using the gun when he had the chance, we'll never know if he was going to use it since Misty crashed the party. Though I'm glad he didn't. Sam never was one for guns.

I still think it's ridiculous to compare the achievements from run as long as Bucky's to Sam's.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    What did he do that was bad ass? he got shot by a kid. left his partner to be captured and seemingly killed. Got curb stomped by Crossbones and was saved by Misty.
    I think the badass is yet to come. I thought he was badass in the first issue. Some disagree. Setting him up in a tough situation will only make the triumph that much more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Pretty much u dont have to shoot him in the head.
    Although shooting an ear off would have been non-lethal, but almost certain to be distracting and painful enough that Sam could have subdued him.

I see nothing wrong with Crossbones being built up to be a formidable opponent for Sam. It would be boring if he curb stomped everyone.

Why would Letha and Lascivious be hitting on Jack O'Lantern in the bar?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with Crossbones being built up to be a formidable opponent for Sam. It would be boring if he curb stomped everyone.
    Good-thing that will NEVER happen. Minority Heroes barely get 1 on 1 victories. Often they need help, or the villain decides whatever they are fighting over or about is not worth it.

Name me one major victory, outside of Luke Cage getting Money from Doom. (which was a joke)

I wish I could get bored over Sam curb-stompin a bunch of baddies.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 12-24-2014 at 11:19 AM.

So far Remender’s depiction of Sam is horrible. Sam is incompetent at best. I am hoping that Rememder is just knocking Sam down so that later he can build him up to soaring heights. We shall see.

I think this essay explains a great deal about what is wrong with Rememder’s seemingly clueless portrayal of Sam.

http://sequart.org/magazine/52978/ca...ain-america-1/

Comics are still created for the enjoyment of mostly white males. This depiction of Sam is for them. Maybe later the rest of us will get some enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Good-thing that will NEVER happen. Minority Heroes barely get 1 on 1 victories. Often they need help, or the villain decides whatever they are fighting over or about is not worth it.

Name me one major victory, outside of Luke Cage getting Money from Doom. (which was a joke)

I wish I could get bored over Sam curb-stompin a bunch of baddies.
    In Avengers Undercover (the book that has a lot of unwarranted hate around here due to Avengers Arena and coincidentally also the book that All-New Captain America #2 just made out of continuity) features Hazmat (Japanese) curb-stomps the entire line-up of Young Masters (original members + Heroic Age new recruits) herself in this very city. Sigh.