Thread: DC toy lines?

Default DC toy lines?

Did DC just give up on their toy lines? I haven't seen anything DC related at WM or TRU in months, besides a few batman unlimited figures. However, both stores seem to be filled with MU, TMNT, and WWE figures. I know they are rolling out collector toys, but not much else.

Also, did they give up on animated series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Did DC just give up on their toy lines? I haven't seen anything DC related at WM or TRU in months, besides a few batman unlimited figures. However, both stores seem to be filled with MU, TMNT, and WWE figures. I know they are rolling out collector toys, but not much else.

Also, did they give up on animated series?
    Mattel is a joke. DC needs to get out of this contract they are stuck in with them and sign with NECA.

Yeah have to agree my local Walmart has NO DC action figures whatsoever, but does have marvel legends, star wars, etc. You can order some DC figures from the walmart website though

DC doesn't have any movies out or anything on Cartoon Network, do they?

Not sure if Arrow, Flash, Gotham, or Constantine would work for kid-friendly toy lines.

DC's contract with Mattel is just about done. The website exclusive figures they just released (Doomsday & Damian Wayne) are the last two. DC Direct is releasing some excellent looking figures, but they're only available in comic/specialty shops & online. They've got a New 52 line, an Arkham line, one for the Arrow & Flash TV series, and a Designer Series where the figures are based on the work of a particular artist, the first line spotlighting Greg Capullo.

The new Doomsday:
    IMG_1872.jpg

New 52 League:
    n52 jl.JPG

New 52 Crime Syndicate:
    n52 cs.JPG

Arkham:

IMG_0945.jpg

Arrow:

IMG_9158.jpg

Capullo Designer series:

capullo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sicsexsix View Post
    DC's contract with Mattel is just about done. The website exclusive figures they just released (Doomsday & Damian Wayne) are the last two. DC Direct is releasing some excellent looking figures, but they're only available in comic/specialty shops & online.
    But are we talking expensive collectible figures that you can't let anyone under 12 touch because of either choking hazards and/or other concerns, or are we talking "toys" . . . you know, the things little kiddies use to play with before everything became digital?

I also think DC/Mattel has some kind of exclusive distribution deal through Target. They're all over the Target toy aisles and some of the toys have Target Exclusive stickers on them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I also think DC/Mattel has some kind of exclusive distribution deal through Target. They're all over the Target toy aisles and some of the toys have Target Exclusive stickers on them.
    But nobody buys them. I know the figures you are talking about and no one pays them any attention. And even before them I kept seeing DC toys go STRAIGHT to clearance the day they come out at some stores.

Example-Brave & Bold Firestorm-one store had it at $12. O go to one about 4 miles down-$7. I got to College Station-$2.00.
    Aqualad 8 inch figure-you could not find him in stores. Yet the DAY they ax the toyline he pops up at Target for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Mattel is a joke. DC needs to get out of this contract they are stuck in with them and sign with NECA.
    I love NECA's attention to detail and they have some of the best sculpts I've seen. But I have a major quality complaint with them because I've had three figures just break on me as I was removing them from the packages. I know they're collector's items but I like to take a lot of my toys out of the packages to display them and they shouldn't be that fragile and the joints shouldn't be that stiff. So I'm not sure I would want NECA taking over exclusively for DC.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But are we talking expensive collectible figures that you can't let anyone under 12 touch because of either choking hazards and/or other concerns, or are we talking "toys" . . . you know, the things little kiddies use to play with before everything became digital?
    They're regular action figures & sell for around $20 each. Not all, but ome of them do come with accessories, so I'd definitely advise caution if you're giving them to a child likely to swallow a small plastic gun or sword. As for the figures themselves, they generally don't have any removable parts that would pose any such issue. Honestly, I have days where I wish I wasn't 37 years old so I could sit down & have a massive Crisis play out with all of these figures :-D

And if you happen upon any of Mattel's DCU Classics line in a bargain bin (the ones with the orange/yellow burst card), pick them up, because the value has gone up on quite a few of them.