Thread: RIP H.R. Giger

Default RIP H.R. Giger

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/13/57...ger-dead-at-74

Injuries sustained in a fall......I had always wanted to meet him.

BANNED

What a big loss to the art world and movie history. People often give Giger crap for incorporating sexual iconography into his art, but all it did was add the nightmarish feel of his work. Despite him being a weird and often controversial man, his artwork and contribution to the Science Fiction genre cannot be denied. He'll always be one of my favorite artists and an influence.

RIP Mr. Giger.

Devastated by this news

I know he was up there in age, but his "Necronomicon" books (VolI & II) are among my most prized possessions.

He will be greatly missed.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

BANNED

I thought he was already dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/13/57...ger-dead-at-74

Injuries sustained in a fall......I had always wanted to meet him.
    And not the great big hole in his chest as if something burst forth from it.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

One of my all-time favorite visual artists. I always wanted to visit the the H.R. Giger Museum in Germany.

I used to have Birth Machine hanging on my wall as well as my desktop background. It's still one of my favorite pieces of art.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    What a big loss to the art world and movie history. People often give Giger crap for incorporating sexual iconography into his art, but all it did was add the nightmarish feel of his work. Despite him being a weird and often controversial man, his artwork and contribution to the Science Fiction genre cannot be denied. He'll always be one of my favorite artists and an influence.

RIP Mr. Giger.
    His work was designed to evoke nightmares and darkness but also the creativity. Brilliant man