Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Yeah, this is basically my thoughts. It's fine if you want to redesign a hero, but it seems the trend is now "Crap, people are ticked our women heroes don't dress realistically! Better appease them."
    This is one thing that I actually DON'T think is a gender issue. A lot of the boys are getting this treatment too. Hawkeye is probably the most blatant example... but Cap's costume has been updated in this direction as well.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    This is one thing that I actually DON'T think is a gender issue. A lot of the boys are getting this treatment too. Hawkeye is probably the most blatant example... but Cap's costume has been updated in this direction as well.
    I was thinking that, but I failed to mention it. I feel like their changes were more in part due to synergy with the movie-verse as opposed to avoiding controversy over unrealistic costumes for women.

BANNED

I never was into the old costume, it looked outdated and it called atention to her intimate parts.

I liked the change, it's more modern, better choice of colors. Now i'm excited about spider woman, Land is out

I'm into it. Kind of mixed I guess since it was kind of cool how Spider-Woman was the only major character I can think of still sporting her iconic, totally anachronistic original look (except arguably Spider-Man) but the reasons that was cool are the same reasons a new look makes more sense going forward. And this looks good- keeps the most iconic elements and makes it way more suitable for the espionage stuff she's known for... Anka does it again.

The bigger thing mentioned in this article is Javier Rodriguez taking over art as the series kicks off post tie-in. This is totally what should have been issue 1. It's not too soon for a relaunch is it? I kid, but knowing the reception the first issue received, in hindsight it's a shame the first arc of Spider-Woman wasn't planned as a Spider-Woman and Silk miniseries or something, to tee up the launch of both ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So basically, Superheroes can't look "super" anymore? They're all going to look like 2nd rate cosplayers now? I like the design itself aesthetically, but I'm not a huge fan of this trend.
    We have been here before. Remember New X-Men by Morrison? Everything is cyclical.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    To be frank, though... her classic costume was never going to show up in a live-action setting in a million years. Real human beings just look silly in full-body spandex. Even if they based it off of the original, it would have been heavily modifed.
    I disagree - look at what they did with Spider-Man! He looks great and doesn't look like he just got out of Comicon. Even if her costume would have had to be changed for live-action, these are comics. It's like putting the cart before the horse.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So basically, Superheroes can't look "super" anymore? They're all going to look like 2nd rate cosplayers now? I like the design itself aesthetically, but I'm not a huge fan of this trend.
    Hear Hear! I agree, it's not a terrible design though it really looks like a blander Black and red version of Mocking Birds redesign from a few years back.

I'm not a fan of this new costume design trend.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    We have been here before. Remember New X-Men by Morrison? Everything is cyclical.
    I had forgotten all about those black outfits lol.

BANNED

I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me the more I look at it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    That's pretty cool I think. Not familiar with Batgirl so I dunno about the rip-off thing.
    it has the same premise, something practical to use and easy to cosplay

Amazing Member

I'm good with everything but the sunglasses. Does every redesign have to drop masks in favor of sunglasses?

All-New Member

'NUFF SAID.

Amazing Member

it's not bad but i don't think it suits her for lack of a better way to describe it - it's something for an early 20 somethings girl as opposed to a 30 somethings woman - though that could be down to the art on the jessica model used

BANNED

It didn't even looked like a spider character costume, now at least there is a spider logo on it. When I started reading comics I was like " who is this? this costume is ridiculous" lol I understand the appeal of classics, but now is much better

Here's my question: why are all the women getting the cool designs? Sure Captain America and Hawkeye got ones, but those are in-line with their movie characters. When will Spider-Man show up in a similar outfit so I can cosplay him easily, haha.