Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Ms. Marvel has made impact?!
    Hugely, yes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Ms. Marvel has made impact?!
    Uh, yes. Without question.

Fantastic Member

I love her old costume. Out of all the classics, it's one of my favorites.

But this is cool too. It tones down the blatant sexual factor, which is nice to see.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    I love her old costume. Out of all the classics, it's one of my favorites.

But this is cool too. It tones down the blatant sexual factor, which is nice to see.
    Given her powers, I don't know why that's a nice thing to see. I don't know why some characters can't just have a sexy outfit that isn't in anyway realistic. I adore the design, but I detest this realistic trend.

Finally. I thought her current costume was in need of an major redesign for quite some time.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Ultimate Member

Her old outfit was essentially just a red, black, and yellow jumpsuit. It's only as "sexualized" as a particular artist CHOOSES to make it. And some artists depicted it well. The one's that didn't, well that's one THEM not the costume. Admittedly my first thought when seeing this was the same as when I first saw Carol's new costume "is this change preparation for a future film/TV appearance?"

Today's superhero trend: Let's take the superheroes and put them in regular clothes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Her old outfit was essentially just a red, black, and yellow jumpsuit. It's only as "sexualized" as a particular artist CHOOSES to make it. And some artists depicted it well. The one's that didn't, well that's one THEM not the costume. Admittedly my first thought when seeing this was the same as when I first saw Carol's new costume "is this change preparation for a future film/TV appearance?"
    I thought the same. That's another reason I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's only as "sexualized" as a particular artist CHOOSES to make it.
    Not in every case, honestly. Just consider the old costume for a second... if you isolate the yellow shape on the front, it frames and accentuates her breasts, while creating a giant yellow arrow pointing right down at her crotch. An artist could make it better or worse... treating it more like body paint than spandex, as many often did... but the more subtle/subliminal aspects of it weren't going to go away no matter who drew it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Not in every case, honestly. Just consider the old costume for a second... if you isolate the yellow shape on the front, it frames and accentuates her breasts, while creating a giant yellow arrow pointing right down at her crotch. An artist could make it better or worse... treating it more like body paint than spandex, as many often did... but the more subtle/subliminal aspects of it weren't going to go away no matter who drew it.
    Well her powers did included turning men on lol.

Also got a response from Spider-Woman's writer and he doesn't disagree that costumes in comics don't need to be functional.

Damn. I really liked her old costume and will miss it. This new costume is not an abomination by any means, but it doesn't really wow me either. I wouldn't have known it was Jessica if the article hadn't said so since we have so many alternate spiders appearing at the moment.

Maybe it will grow on us, or maybe it's just a phase and something more like the original will come back in a year or two.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

I was wondering where I had seen this "redesign" before.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If Javier Rodriguez takes over I'm sold.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I think the outfit looks amazing, though I find it silly how everyone and their mother is pushing for comic book characters to have more functional costumes or things that people would wear IRL.
    Agreed. I actually thought her classic costume sucked and I'm not sad to see it go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I noticed those too but it still wasn't enough to sexualized her outfit to me. It was always the way the artist drew her that made things sexual in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I noticed those too but it still wasn't enough to sexualized her outfit to me. It was always the way the artist drew her that made things sexual in my opinion.
    Depending on the artist, nearly any costume can be sexualized or over-sexualized even if the initial costume was in no way sexy.