Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2431
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even when the movie he was in turned out to be total garbage, Lou always turned in something worth watching. He may have been the ONLY thing worth seeing in some films, but he never phoned it in.
    You have to respect that.

There's so many things that I've seen Louis Gossett Jr. in that I had to look up his IMDB page to make note of stuff.

I know he was on some TV shows prior to Roots, but that miniseries might be the first thing I actually ever saw him in.

I'm sure I've seen his episode of Little House on the Prairie. When it originally aired, I loved The Powers of Matthew Star. I've only seen the highlight scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman though.

I think the last thing I saw him in was his guest spot on Hawaii Five-0.

And while there are plenty of things that will get mentioned in tributes and the like, I liked some of his lesser known stuff. The first Iron Eagle movie (I saw the 2nd and 4th films too), he had a great seemingly uncredited cameo role in the Disney movie Perfect Game as Cool Papa Bell too.

But my all-time favorite role of his was in the movie Enemy Mine. That's one of my favorite movies ever.

RIP Louis Gossett Jr.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

I probably first saw Lou on an episode of Good Times, where he played Florida's excitable younger brother who took a special interest in Michael's education. He had a really funny line that I still remember. He delivered an incredible performance as Fiddler in Roots, a sort of mentor to Kunta Kinte (Levar Burton). He was amazing as Sgt. Foley, Richard Gere's nemesis in An Officer and a Gentleman. In fact, when I saw Full Metal Jacket five years later, I couldn't really get in Lee Ermey's character at first because it seemed like he was just copying what Lou did. (I've since come to adore Ermey's role). Just a month or two ago, I saw him in the musical version of The Color Purple. I hadn't seen him onscreen in years, so was pleased to see him in that film. R.I.P. to a great one.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...84625872515479

Chance Perdomo has sadly passed away at the age of 27 in a motorcycle accident.

Actress Barbara Rush (The Young Philadelphians, It Came From Outer Space, the final season of Peyton Place) has passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Goodbye to one of my favorites, Count Floyd, Joe Flaherty of SCTV and so many other things, of an illness at 82. RIP to him, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Goodbye to one of my favorites, Count Floyd, Joe Flaherty of SCTV and so many other things, of an illness at 82. RIP to him, and my condolences to his family and friends.
    Well here's a link from Deadline about it...

And something I didn't know existed until today: his deleted scene from Anchorman 1.

Actress Barbara Baldavin (Star Trek, Medical Center) has passed away.

Actor and singer Jean-Paul Vignon, (The Devil's Brigade, The Young and the Restless) has passed away.

Actor Adrian Schiller (Victoria, The Last Kingdom) has passed away.

David Barrington Holt, who led the Jim Henson Company's first West Coast Creature Shop, has passed away.

Bruce Kessler, who followed a career as a race car driver by becoming a director of episodes of The Monkees, The A-Team and a number of other TV series from the 60s to the 90s, has passed away.

TV and film editor Edgar Burcksen, who won an Emmy for his work on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I wonder if Kato will finally speak up now.