Page 103 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2419
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes, she played Isis.
    I was kinda hoping against hope she’d get a cameo in Black Adam. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the sound of things, Joanna Cameron.

Which is a total bummer.
    In the category of bizarre coincidences, I ordered an ankh necklace a couple of days ago and it arrived in the mail today. I also decided to watch an episode of the Isis show. When I did a search on "youtube Isis tv show", it brought up a reference to "Joanna Cameron death". So, the very day the ankh necklace (basically the symbol she wore on the show) arrived and that I watched an episode was the day I found out the actress had died.

It seems she maintained good diet and exercise for her age but still died of a stroke. The family kept it from the public for about a week to allow them to grieve privately.

I'll just politely say that, when that show originally aired, I was reaching precisely the right age to be absolutely mesmerized by her.

I remember hearing some funny stories. At a sci fi convention in the 1990s, she noticed that a bunch of guys who were in their early thirties were "chatting her up". By that time, she was in her mid-forties. She asked some of them how old they were when the show originally aired and they said about 12, 13, 14 to which she replied, "Oh, okay. I understand now". She realized they were reacting based on their feelings when they first saw her.

One guy did a web page where he talked about getting her autograph at a con and asked her to sign the character's name and she signed it, "Andrea Thompson/ Isis". He didn't understand why she did that since the character's name was Thomas, not Thompson. Of course, it was because it was so long ago and she had moved on with her life that she didn't even clearly remember what the character's name was.

Then there's a story related by John Davey, the second guy to play Captain Marvel/ Shazam. When he met her, she was not all that happy on the show because she was getting unwanted sexual advances every day. He decided to lead with talking about his wife and son since a guy probably isn't going to hit on a woman if he's leading with, "I'm married". In later years, when they became friends, he found out that telling her that didn't placate her fears at all because half the guys on the crew who were hitting on her were married.

But, she will definitely be missed. R.I.P.
    Power with Girl is better.

Richard "Dick" Evans, who was an actor, writer, director and producer throughout his career, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Actress Camille Saviola, best known as Kai Opaka on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, has passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Actress Linda Carlson (Newhart, Murder One) has passed away.

Actor William Lucking, who had more than 100 credits in a 50 year career (including numerous Star Trek franchise appearances and Sons Of Anarchy), has passed away.

UK TV personality Lionel Blair has passed away.

Actor Dean Stockwell (Quantum Leap) has passed away.

Spectacular Member

RIP Vegar Hoel (Martin in the Dead Snow movies)
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Actor Dean Stockwell (Quantum Leap) has passed away.
    Very sad to hear this. Loved him in Quantum Leap AND Long Day's Journey into Night. Great actor!

Extraordinary Member

Actor Jerry Douglas, who played Jabot Cosmetics founder John Abbott on The Young And The Restless for over 25 years, died just 2 days shy of his 89th birthday.

Abbott was the father of Jack, Ashley, Traci, and Billy Abbott on the show.
    Last edited by caj; 11-11-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Actor Jerry Douglas, who played Jabot Cosmetics founder John Abbott on The Young And The Restless for over 25 years, died just 2 days shy of his 89th birthday.

Abbott was the father of Jack, Ashley, Traci, and Billy Abbott on the show.
    Here's an article link.

Gavin O herlihy died. He was the original Chuck Cunningham, but was also well known for several bit parts in 80's films: Never Say Never Again (as Jack Patachi), Superman III (Brad, Clark and Lana's drunk former classmate) Willow, Death Wish III; and later on the pilot of Star Trek Voyager.

He was the son of Dan O herlily, from Halloween III, Last Starfighter and the Robocop movies.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Gavin O herlihy died. He was the original Chuck Cunningham, but was also well known for several bit parts in 80's films: Never Say Never Again (as Jack Patachi), Superman III (Brad, Clark and Lana's drunk former classmate) Willow, Death Wish III; and later on the pilot of Star Trek Voyager.

He was the son of Dan O herlily, from Halloween III, Last Starfighter and the Robocop movies.
    Here's an article link.

Jeff Wald, who was the agent for Helen Reddy, Sylvester Stallone and George Carlin, has passed away.