Page 62 of 162 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Danny Aiello from 'Moonstruck', 'Godfather Part II', and 'Do The Right Thing' dead at 86

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/danny-aiello-dead

Claudine Auger (Domino in the James Bond movie Thunderball) has died.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Here's a link to 'Stars We Lost In 2019'. Not sure if it's everyone, but it's a pretty nice list with photos:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-lost-in-2019

Ultimate Member

Although he wasn't a tv or movie star Hayden Fry(90), the inspiration behind the tv show Coach with Craig T Nelson and Jerry Van Dyke, died earlier this week...Fry was the head football coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes for about 20 years, the one that came up with painting the opposing locker room in Iowa City pink...

Allee Willis, who wrote "I'll Be There For You", which would go on to become a huge hit as the theme song for the Friends TV show, has died at the age of 72.

She worked with Earth, Wind and Fire, wrote hit songs for The Pointer Sisters, Patti LaBelle, the score for The Color Purple on Broadway, and even wrote the Joe Esposito sung "You're The Best", which was the theme for the original Karate Kid movie.

Here's the article link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    and even wrote the Joe Esposito sung "You're The Best", which was the theme for the original Karate Kid movie.
    Dammit. Instantly stuck in my head.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Dammit. Instantly stuck in my head.

RIP.
    You're welcome.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Thanks! You're the best... around!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Claudine Auger (Domino in the James Bond movie Thunderball) has died.

Rest In Peace!

Claudine Auger.jpg

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just learned from this vid that Patricia Alice Albrecht, the VA for pizzazz from "jem and the holograms" passed away on xmas morning.

this vid is a small interview my friend, matty jay, was able to get with her at rangerstop.

RIP, dear woman.

Lee Mendelson, who was the executive producer behind a number of Peanuts cartoon specials (among a bunch of other credits), has passed away.

He also made Garfield and friends and the cathy specials and of course a Charlie brown Christmas.

The guy who made Charlie brown Christmas---died on Christmas!

RIP.

Goodbye schoolhouse rock train conductor. Thanks you for teaching us on Saturday mornings.

https://www.thewrap.com/jack-sheldon...er-dies-at-88/

He was also just a bill from capital hill.

Extraordinary Member

Edd Byrnes of 77 Sunset Strip has died. I never knew what an interesting life he had led.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...okie-77-938511

Edd Byrnes, who gained fleeting fame as Kookie, the ultra-hip, wisecracking parking attendant on the jazzy 1950s-'60s ABC detective series 77 Sunset Strip, has died. He was 87.

Byrnes, who years later played the smooth-talking Vince Fontaine, a Dick Clark-like dance contest host, in Grease (1978), died unexpectedly Wednesday of natural causes at his home in Santa Monica.

On 77 Sunset Strip, Kookie parked cars at Dino's Lodge, a Hollywood nightclub that was owned by Dean Martin and served as a backdrop on the show. The club was next door to the private detective agency run by the suave duo of Stuart Bailey (Efrem Zimbalist Jr.) and Jeff Spencer (Roger Smith).

When he wasn't "piling up the Z's" (that would be sleeping), the finger-snapping Kookie was running a comb through his wavy ducktail, and Byrnes became one of television's first heartthrobs, in an Elvis kind of way. He elicited shrieks of delight from young female fans everywhere and parlayed that teen-idol fame into a gold record, "Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb."

Recorded with actress Connie Stevens, the song (on Warner Bros. Records) made it to No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in May 1959.

At the peak of his popularity, Byrnes received more than 15,000 fan letters a week, exceeding the record that Warner Bros., the studio behind 77 Sunset Strip, had ever received for any star (yes, more than even Errol Flynn and James Cagney). The actor said he once appeared on 26 magazine covers in one week alone.

"As Kookie, I was one of the first young fellows on television, one of the first that the young could identify with," he said in 1969.

His contract prohibited Byrnes from accepting plum roles in such movies as Ocean’s Eleven, North to Alaska and Rio Bravo, and John F. Kennedy was said to have objected to having someone known as Kookie play him in the 1963 film PT 109. The role went to Cliff Robertson.

At one point, Byrnes walked off the show and retreated into a heavy drinking period. He returned in an "upgraded" role in May 1960, with Kookie now a partner in the agency and sporting a coat and tie.

In 1975, Merv Griffin signed Byrnes to host a new game show, and two half-hour pilots were filmed. NBC liked it but insisted on another host, and so Chuck Woolery got the gig on Wheel of Fortune.