Default Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire

The monsterverse continues with a new godzilla and kong film

I am excited as heck for this!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The monsterverse continues with a new godzilla and kong film

I am excited as heck for this!
    Me too! I'm down for this

So they're fighting an evil emperor Kong?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Last Movie had Godzilla in more of an antagonistic role where he needed Kong's Help to defeat MechaKevin. Looks like it'll be Kong asking Godzilla to return the favor.

I wish this villain we're looking at is the new King Caesar but I think this Kaiju will be completely new. I read that Toho charges a lot of $$ if Legendary wishes to use one of their Monsters.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-20-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

The evil ape looks like it incorporates a bit more of an Orangutan feel in its design, so maybe a different faction/species that was at war with Kong's people. Perhaps even contributors to the near extinction of the species.

An original Kaiju would help them with keeping costs down. They probably figure that the allure of a Godzilla vs. Kong sequel will pull people in without there having to be a Mechagodzilla equivalent, and they can try to use the hype of a classic Toho Kaiju to pull in audiences for a standalone Godzilla or Kong film.

It's just me, but I'm not a fan of monkeys and/or apes. Bad enough we need to see Kong in a Godzilla movie, now there's this joker? Pass.

Astonishing Member

Have to come up with a plot device (ax) to avoid being incinerated. Any critter made of normal flesh stands no chance against G without some PIS. We will see. Also, if half the movie is about some secret organization plotting to control the Kaiju - well, that's boring.

I was kind of hoping we'd get another classic Toho Kaiju but if the licensing costs make that difficult to work out, I totally understand.

Monarch took Godzilla DNA and spliced it with Kong DNA and this is what you get..

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully, WB can make this as pointless and stupid as the last one. They have standards to live down to, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of hoping we'd get another classic Toho Kaiju but if the licensing costs make that difficult to work out, I totally understand.
    Who would you pick? I was thinking Destoroyah but I'm not as well-versed in Godzilla mythos as most folks 'round here.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Monarch took Godzilla DNA and spliced it with Kong DNA and this is what you get..
    That would actually be pretty darn clever. Which means it probably won't happen. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Who would you pick? I was thinking Destoroyah but I'm not as well-versed in Godzilla mythos as most folks 'round here.

That would actually be pretty darn clever. Which means it probably won't happen. :/
    If you look at the Gorilla at the end it's eyes have a blue and red glow, which was highlighted as Godzilla and Kong a little earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It would be cool to see Anguirius or Biollante.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I think you're at least on the right track. I can't take credit for noticing this detail, but get a closer look at this villain's warpaint. It looks much like the symbol for Nuclear Radiation

I reckon this Kaiju is very old, atomic powered, but has the intelligence of a Human, and agility/reflexes of a Kong.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-20-2023 at 11:58 AM.