Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2425

Rip.

near mint did a goodbye also.

Astonishing Member

I’m still just processing this. I…I’m just stunned. While he wasn’t exactly young, he wasn’t exactly that old either. He was the same age as my mom, and this reminds me just how unexpected death can really be…it can’t be overstated how much impact this man’s work had on me personally. All I can say is thank you Sensei for the many childhood memories and I sincerely hope you rest in peace. The world is far worse place now that you’re no longer in it. As a lifelong Dragon Ball fan I’m devastated. Celebrity deaths rarely hit for me, but this one was particularly hard to stomach. RIP to the GOAT.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m still just processing this. I…I’m just stunned. While he wasn’t exactly young, he wasn’t exactly that old either. He was the same age as my mom, and this reminds me just how unexpected death can really be…it can’t be overstated how much impact this man’s work had on me personally. All I can say is thank you Sensei for the many childhood memories and I sincerely hope you rest in peace. The world is far worse place now that you’re no longer in it. As a lifelong Dragon Ball fan I’m devastated. Celebrity deaths rarely hit for me, but this one was particularly hard to stomach. RIP to the GOAT.
    It was from a subdural hematoma, or bleeding on the brain. How that happened, not sure. Could be any number of things, including a simple fall. But still, this was a gut punch. Dragon Ball fans on youtube are STILL uploading their videos to let their communities know about it, and share their stories. That's just in English. I can't imagine the impact in Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian, and other languages. Its also been picked up by major news corporations like BBC.

Not a young man by any means, but yeah, I'm sure he still had plenty of stories to tell for years to come.

Extraordinary Member

Akira Toriyama-thank you, rest well.

Actress Jean Allison, who appeared in more than 80 TV series in her career (including Perry Mason and 77 Sunset Strip), has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ryan's Hope actor Malachy McCourt has passed away. He was also the brother of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Frank McCourt.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Former Late Show with David Letterman director Jerry Foley has passed away.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-michae...box=1710346058

Michael Culver, the actor who played Captain Needa in empire strikes back has passed away.

Former General Hospital star Robyn Bernard has passed away. She was the older sister of Wings star Crystal Bernard as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-michae...box=1710346058

Michael Culver, the actor who played Captain Needa in empire strikes back has passed away.
    Probably from a Force choke. RIP to him.

Author & journalist Dan Wakefield, who created the TV show James at 15 among many credits for the screen and books, has passed away.

Joe Camp, who was a writer/producer/director for the Benji franchise, has passed away.

Australian stuntman Grant Page, who performed and coordinated stunts for Mad Max and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome among a lengthy career, has passed away.

Oscar-winning screenwriter David Seidler (The King's Speech) has passed away.

Actor M. Emmet Walsh, who had more than 200 credits in film and television over a career that started in 1969, has passed away.

If the name isn't familiar, click the link to see a photo of him because chances are you've seen him in SOMETHING that you've watched. Hell, I just saw him a couple days ago on an episode of NYPD Blue during my rewatch of that series.

He was in Blade Runner, The Jerk, Knives Out and Blood Simple amongst his movie roles. On TV, he had roles on The X-Files, Frasier, Sneaky Pete and The Righteous Gemstones alongside a host of other roles.