Page 88 of 162 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2419

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Iconic, controversial, and trailblazing radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. Passed away at seventy due to lung cancer today. Love him or hate him, Rush's impact on talk radio will still be felt long after today. And like with the passing of Larry King, and Johnny Carson, the void will never be filled.
    We can only hope so.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Very sad about Rush. I didn't always like his tactics but he was a voice for a lot of people who weren't being heard.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Very sad about Rush. I didn't always like his tactics but he was a voice for a lot of people who weren't being heard.
    Racist, homophobic, bigots shouldn't be heard.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Well, we heard them they last four years from the Oval Office, and on January 6th. So go Rush!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Racist, homophobic, bigots shouldn't be heard.
    Doesn't agree with my views = must call them names and dismiss them as horrible people is pretty much the definition of a bigot so maybe you should take a self examination there.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Iconic, controversial, and trailblazing radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. Passed away at seventy due to lung cancer today. Love him or hate him, Rush's impact on talk radio will still be felt long after today. And like with the passing of Larry King, and Johnny Carson, the void will never be filled.
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Doesn't agree with my views = must call them names and dismiss them as horrible people is pretty much the definition of a bigot so maybe you should take a self examination there.
    They are what they are gozer is right they don't need to be herd the same way the KKK don't need to be herd there vews and Rush's vews are racist and homophobic there's no denying that maybe they all aren't horrible people but there opinions on some matter's are.
    Last edited by choptop; 02-18-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

White knighting Rush Limbaugh? Hell of a hill to die on.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

rush had a simpsons parody named birch barlow which folded in nicely to their republican parody scenes with sideshow bob

Birch_Barlow_Icon.png

RIP even though cigars are gross

Extraordinary Member

Rush Limbaugh, even if you ignore his politics, was a rancid piece of **** who endangered people's lives by telling them to ignore evacuation orders, accused people who's children were killed in school shootings of fraud, and had a regular segment cheering on the deaths of gay people on his show.

The only person I feel bad for after his death is the devil, because he has to be in Limbaugh's proximity for eternity

People who don't agree with my view that all people are equal no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation or country of origin. are bigots and homophobic.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Comedian Norm Crosby has passed away.
    "I'm behind myself with grief"

Jahmil French, best known for playing "Dave Turner" on Degrassi: The Next Generation has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People who don't agree with my view that all people are equal no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation or country of origin. are bigots and homophobic.
    Holy crap, I missed the whole session of dumping on Rush.

But this point reminds me of James Baldwin, and to me they're words to live by:

Quote Originally Posted by James Baldwin
    We can disagree and still love each other, unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.
    It would be one thing if Rush simply disagreed with folks about financial or educational policy, or taste in movies, or such. But he motivated his listeners to violence -- racist, xenophobic, misogynist, homophobic, even ageist (both kids and senior citizens) violence. He denied compassion to the disabled community, those living in poverty, those with drug addictions (heyo). He denied their humanity and their right to exist. And God forbid anyone belonging in two or more of those categories.

"Bigot" doesn't even begin to cover it.

----

Ah well, back to current events.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-02-2021 at 01:46 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i didn't always agree with what john mccain believed in in terms of polictical views but he had my respect for fighting and suffering for his country and putting the welfare of the nation over the benefit of his party. similar to what he said on the campaign trail when a woman said that obama was a "secret muslim". john shut her down and said that while he didn't agree with obama on a lot of topics, he said that he was a good, decent man. that's what respect for another person looks like.

rush wasn't such a man. he is free to have his opinions but when those opinions are racist, homophoic, and xenophoic to the degree of such that it makes him look and act like a vile piece of crap, there is nothing to respect, unless one shares those same opinions and beliefs.