Page 87 of 162 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2424

TV executive and producer Jamie Tarses, the first woman to run a network's entertainment division, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond has passed away at age 44 from cancer.

https://www.cbr.com/dustin-diamond-obituary/

https://people.com/tv/dustin-diamond...cancer-battle/
    Last edited by caj; 02-01-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond has passed away at age 44 from cancer.

https://www.cbr.com/dustin-diamond-obituary/

https://people.com/tv/dustin-diamond...cancer-battle/
    Damn. He was close to my age and he was just diagnose last month, at least publicly.

Extraordinary Member

Allan Burns, co-creator of Mary Tyler Moore, has died at 85.

Not a good time for people attached to that show. First Cloris Leachman and now this. He worked with James L Brooks (The Simpsons) on the show Room 222 before Mary's then-husband Grant Tinker asked them to create a show for Moore. And boy, did they create a show.

https://ew.com/tv/allan-burns-co-cre...ore-show-dies/

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Damn. He was close to my age and he was just diagnose last month, at least publicly.
    it's a shame that the last thing i saw him in had him threaten to fight a ex-army drill sgt.

Extraordinary Member

Actor Hal Holbrook has died at age 95. I remember him most from Designing Women and Evening Shade.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tor-mark-twain

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Actor Hal Holbrook has died at age 95. I remember him most from Designing Women and Evening Shade.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...tor-mark-twain
    Also enjoyed Holbrook in Capricorn One , CREEPSHOW
    , and as Father Malone in John Carpenter's THE FOG.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I got to see Hal Holbrook do his one-man Mark Twain show. He was great.

It was bugging me, the one small performance that I can still hear him say but I took me a while to remember what it was from. It was that time he was on The Sopranos. Talking truth to two 1 group of gangsters and a the entourage of a gangster rapper in the same hospital room. I thought it was more recent but it was from 2007. RIP.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Christopher Plummer dies at 91. A true Hollywood Legend. One of the most handsome actors to grace the stage, movies, and TV. He will be missed.

Edelweiss, Edelweiss.

Wow seven decades of acting! He and fellow Torontonian William Shatner were also big friends. So sad.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

RIP Christopher Plummer. I loved him as Klingon General Chang in Star Trek VI: Undiscovered Country. The best performance of Christopher Plummer. He performed well with his Shakespeare quotes.

The Sound of Music was a good film but hardly one of his best performances. His portrayal of Captain Von Trapp was devoid of emotion, passion and liveliness. He wasn't suited for the role of Captain Von Trapp. I wish they could have picked someone else.

Sad news for sure. I can't say that I've seen the vast majority of his filmography, but Plummer was damn amazing in what I have seen. I do love The Sound of Music and that is what he will be best known for. But as a Star Trek fan, I can't help but include his role of Chang in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

However, of the material I've seen, I think his performance playing Mike Wallace in The Insider was utterly fantastic. This particular clip shows just how he could dominate a scene no matter who he was playing against.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Retired

I'm a big fan of Christopher Plummer's work. For Canada, his legend is huge. A Canadian by birth, a lot of his early work was in Canada. Most notably he performed at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, Ontario--where another great Canadian also trod the boards, William Shatner, who was Plummer's understudy in HENRY V.

And Plummer never forgot where he came from. Although he had international success on stage and screen, he always returned to Canada to perform for his homeland.

I'm a true patriot of my country, so in 1978 when I heard there was a movie coming out that was made in Toronto, with the story set in Toronto, starring Christopher Plummer, I had to go see it. Canadian made movies set in Canada did not usually get such a big push back then, but this was THE SILENT PARTNER, starring Plummer, Elliot Gould, Susannah York, directed by Daryl Duke (also Canadian), with a screenplay by Curtis Hanson, and a score by Oscar Peterson (another Canadian). Plummer is outstanding in his role as a nasty criminal.

Another great Plummer movie, MURDER BY DECREE, came out the following year, where he played Sherlock Holmes. Of course, I rushed to the theatre to see it--a U.K.-Canada co-production, with a number of other Canadians in key roles. Remains one of my favourite Holmes movies.

And in the same year, on T.V., Plummer played Canada's first Prime Minister, John A. MacDonald, in the movie RIEL, about Louis Riel (played by Raymond Cloutier), the Metis leader and statesman who was executed by MacDonald's government (many great Canadian actors had small roles in that movie, including William Shatner, Leslie Nielsen, John Neville, August Schellenberg, Dave Thomas, Arthur Hill, Maury Chaykin, Claude Jutra, Barry Morse, Kenneth Welsh).

Later in life, Plummer returned to Stratford to perform.

He was a longstanding Companion of the Order of Canada; received the Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal in 1977, the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal in 2002 and the Queens' Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012; received the Governor General of Canada's Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement (the highest honour possible); and his name is on Canada's Walk of Fame.

"Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Incredible Member

Iconic, controversial, and trailblazing radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. Passed away at seventy due to lung cancer today. Love him or hate him, Rush's impact on talk radio will still be felt long after today. And like with the passing of Larry King, and Johnny Carson, the void will never be filled.