Page 106 of 162 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2426

Betty White has passed away.

This is what I wrote about her on my Facebook page:

In a legendary career that spanned more than 80 years, she was Sue Ann Nivens the Happy Homemaker on The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

She was every bit as vital a cog as a panelist as Richard, Brett, Charles and Nipsey on the original (and unsurpassed) Match Game.

She was our beloved sweetly naive Rose Nylund from St. Olaf, Minnesota on The Golden Girls.

She was the razor sharp and tart-tongued landlord Elka Ostrovsky on Hot in Cleveland.

In between those signature roles, there were so many appearances on TV, in films, commercials and game shows that her Wikipedia page career highlights are broken down by DECADE!

She is Betty White, a superb actress who made generations of fans laugh through her Emmy-winning comedic work.

Betty White passed away today at the age of 99, just 17 days from what would've been her 100th birthday.

Life suddenly seems just a tad bit less funny now.

Rest in Peace Ms. White. Thanks for all those sweet and outrageously funny characters and memories you gave to me and everyone else.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Tiffini Hale, who was an original member of The All New Mickey Mouse Club and a member of the singing group The Party, has passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Jeanine Ann Roose, who was Little Violet Bick in It's A Wonderful Life, has passed away.

Actor Max Julien (The Mack) has passed away.

Collectibles dealer Robert Bruce, who made regular appearances on Comic Book Men, has passed away.

French TV presenters the Bogdanoff twins have both passed away. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59867046
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jay Wolpert, who wrote the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie and was formerly a producer on The Price Is Right, has passed away.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Rest In Peace, Betty White.

BettyWhite.jpg

Director Peter Bogdanovich passes away at 82.

https://variety.com/2022/film/obitua...or-1235148166/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

The great iconic Sindey Poitier, passed today. RIP Sir, you broke so many barriers down.

A well lived life. sigh...he had been on my mind this last week because I have been watching Some Like it Hot and I know he and Tony Curtis starred in The Defiant Ones together.

I think the legacy of Poitier is that he was such an iconic black actor but at the same time he made a path where all black actors can come into their individual own without ever feeling like they have to be the next Sidney Poitier.

Retired

One of the last works to be released that featured Peter Bogdanovich is THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WIND, which played in select theatres and on Netflix in 2018. This is the magnum opus that Orson Welles spent the last two decades of his life trying to get made and released (if you want to know why Orson did all those hack jobs in his later years--life flogging wine--this is why). After Welles died, there were efforts to get the picture finished, but it wasn't until 2004 that Bogdanovich embarked on getting it finally done and he also met with many road blocks.

The movie isn't for everyone, but it gives you a glimpse of the complex relationship between Welles, the master, and Bogdanovich, his protegé.

Marilyn Bergman, who won multiple Oscars, Emmys and0 Grammys for her songwriting, has passed away.

Dwayne Hickman, who played the lead character in The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis has passed away.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You'll always be Danny Tanner to me, Mr. Saget. RIP.