Page 80 of 162 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2424

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Angie Baby remains one of the creepiest songs ever played on radio. I still don't know what Angie did to that boy.

True. Is it a song that's a horror fantasy about a girl who traps a boy in her radio somehow? Or is it what it seems to be, a song about a boy who disappeared and we will never know what happened but a mentally disturbed girl fantasizes that he's her secret lover that she keeps in the radio when not using him?

Either way, Helen Reddy was one of the greats. "I Am Woman", "I don't know how to love him", "Delta Dawn", and on and on.

Interesting that she never set out to be a "Feminist Icon" and that, in her later years, she sold or gave away every bit of memorabilia and awards and put her singing career behind her to focus on being a grandmother.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

An odd thing that Helen Reddy and Mac Davis died so close together in time. In the 1970s I was a big Helen Reddy fan and a so-so Mac Davis fan. She had a short-lived variety show on T.V. and I remember that Mac Davis was supposedly a male-chauvinist and squared off against her. Since then I can't think of Mac Davis without thinking of Helen Reddy and I can't think of Helen Reddy without thinking of Mac Davis.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2020 at 07:07 PM.

When you think of Eddie Van Halen, you don't think "Oh, that guy from TV and film." There's an In Memoriam thread on the Community forum, which is also the forum that covers any of our music topics. Instead of trying to make Eddie relevant for this thread, which is supposed to be focused on TV & film, just go to the other one. Thanks.

(Recent posts for EVH have been moved there.)
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Name That Tune host Tom Kennedy has died.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Actress Conchata Ferrell (Two and a Half Men) has passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Always good in everything she did. Met her once in line to see Star Trek III, she was just another fan going to see the movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I probably first saw Ferrell on an episode of One Day At A Time back in the mid-70s. I also saw her on a great episode of The Love Boat about cruise director Julie's high school reunion.

Although I didn't watch Two and a Half Men regularly, I was glad to see that Ferrell had finally landed on a hit tv series. She was always a favorite of mine. She could play any character and was always great in anything she was in. I've seen some nice tributes from Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer.
    Last edited by caj; 10-14-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Actor Anthony Chisholm (Oz) has passed away.

William Blinn, the Emmy-winning creator and writer behind projects like Starsky & Hutch, Eight Is Enough and Hunter, has passed away. He won Emmys for writing the 1972's Brian's Song (for which he also won a Peabody Award) as well as adapting Roots in 1977.

RIP Sean Connery.

Jason Connery said his father "had many of his family who could be in the Bahamas around him" when he died overnight in Nassau.

Rip.

Actress Elsa Raven (Back To The Future / The Amityville Horror and many other roles in TV and movies) has passed away.

Actress Elsa Raven (Back To The Future / The Amityville Horror and many other roles in TV and movies) has passed away.
    I remember her most as Olga the Swedish houskeeper in the last two seasons of "Amen". She made an already great show even better. RIP.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Rest In Peace Connery, Sean Connery.

YoungSean.jpg