Page 93 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2424

Actor Mark York (The Office) has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Lois De Banzie, who won a Tony Award for Morning's At Seven, played Eleanor Roosevelt in 1982's Annie and appeared in TV shows like Cheers and Remington Steele among her credits, has passed away at the age of 90.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Gavin Macleod (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Love Boat) has has passed away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Gavin Macleod (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Love Boat) has has passed away.
    Loved him in both shows. Sadly he was the only one of the great cast of Mary Tyler Moore who was never nominated for an Emmy. The Love Boat was also a staple for my family's tv viewing.

A loveable man, he will be missed. As his MTM co-star Ed Asner stated, it's just him and Betty White left.☹

Joe Lara and his wife were killed in a plane crash yesterday. Folks may remember him from the 1996 series Tarzan: The Epic Adventures.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Loved him in both shows. Sadly he was the only one of the great cast of Mary Tyler Moore who was never nominated for an Emmy. The Love Boat was also a staple for my family's tv viewing.

A loveable man, he will be missed. As his MTM co-star Ed Asner stated, it's just him and Betty White left.☹
    Besides the two shows he's famous for, I remember an episode of the original Hawaii Five-O where he played just a flat out evil SOB. He was very convincing in the role.

Retired

Gavin MacLeod was a character actor on T.V., before he got cast on THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW. He was often cast as the heavy and he was heavy. He slimmed down for the role of Murray Slaughter. He must have been happy to get out of being type-cast.

I rewatched the first season of THE LOVE BOAT just recently and it still takes me aback how MacLeod emerges in that role as quite a handsome and forceful man. I wonder if he went on some kind of fitness regime to win the part. He looked so healthy and tanned as the captain.

Bernie Kopell likewise as Dr. Adam Bricker seemed to go against his casting up that that point. Kopell was always playing off-the-wall characters like Siegfried on GET SMART. How the casting agent saw that he could be a charming playboy on THE LOVE BOAT astounds me. That casting agent must have been someone special.

RIP Paul Soles, the Original Voice of Spider-Man

https://gizmodo.com/rip-paul-soles-t...man-1847003444

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    RIP Paul Soles, the Original Voice of Spider-Man

https://gizmodo.com/rip-paul-soles-t...man-1847003444
    Wow, and the voice of Hermey in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer too.

Actress Romy Walthall has passed away.

Buddy Van Horn, who directed three Clint Eastwood movies and served as Eastwood's stunt double, has has passed away.

Actress Arlene Golonka (The Andy Griffith Show, Mayberry R.F.D.) has passed away.

Retired

Funny what you Americans remember our Canadian actors for. When I think of Paul Soles, I don't think of Spider-Man. He was on THIS IS THE LAW, in the early 1970s, which is a Canadian show our family liked to watch because they would show you some scene and then ask what law was broken and it was always something ridiculous. And he was in Wayne & Shuster sketches. He had dramatic roles, too.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 06-02-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Gavin MacLeod was a character actor on T.V., before he got cast on THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW. He was often cast as the heavy and he was heavy. He slimmed down for the role of Murray Slaughter. He must have been happy to get out of being type-cast.

I rewatched the first season of THE LOVE BOAT just recently and it still takes me aback how MacLeod emerges in that role as quite a handsome and forceful man. I wonder if he went on some kind of fitness regime to win the part. He looked so healthy and tanned as the captain.

Bernie Kopell likewise as Dr. Adam Bricker seemed to go against his casting up that that point. Kopell was always playing off-the-wall characters like Siegfried on GET SMART. How the casting agent saw that he could be a charming playboy on THE LOVE BOAT astounds me. That casting agent must have been someone special.
    That original typecasting of MacLeod was probably due to McHale's Navy. He also had a kind of "non-descript" appearance that allowed him to take on lots of character roles. In Hogan's Heroes he played four different characters in that many episodes - all German commanders, I believe. You would think the Germans would have figured out that they had this one guy who was running around impersonating all these different officers.

Honestly my favorite role of his was as Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes. He was the negative waves guy! Basically he was the war film version of Montgomery Scott.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-02-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Actor Robert Hogan, who appeared in classic TV shows like M*A*S*H* and Hogan's Heroes as well as a role in the second season of The Wire, has passed away.