Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: The Wicked + The Divine, #6

"The Wicked + The Divine" #6 kicks off the "Fandemonium" story arc, and Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie begin a slow reveal on Lucifer's death and what Laura's doing now.

Full review here.

This was a really solid issue and I'm loving Inanna. So very fab. My one little nitpick is: what happened to the L in Laura's room diagram thing? Am I just blind? Did she hide the cigarette that well?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm not completely into this comic as much as everyone else, but I do find that this issue was improvement over most of the first arc. Toning down the hipsterism, the corny & flowery dialogue was less, improving the main character by giving her actual personality and depth besides fangirl with how she has been coming to terms with everything, and getting back to the actual assassin storyline way back in the first issue. I found these were steps in the right direction for the comic.

That said, I still find there are a lot of problems here. Despite toning down the hipster/pop area and the dialogue, it was still very prevalent in areas and was far too goofy and unnatural sounding to be taken seriously. The pacing feels very slow to where it lost a bit of its momentum from the last issue and I find some parts of the plot to be problematic. Ultimately, I think this series is on the right track, but I still don't see it as being deserving all of the praise it has as of this time. I gave a 6.5 out of 10 over on AiPT. Feel free to disagree though.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koshiba View Post
    This was a really solid issue and I'm loving Inanna. So very fab. My one little nitpick is: what happened to the L in Laura's room diagram thing? Am I just blind? Did she hide the cigarette that well?
    A lot of people are reading it as Laura-- the narrator-- not wanting even us, her audience who can't affect her world in any way-- to know where it's hidden.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

This book is always either best or the worst thing I've read all week. Such a frustrating series.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    This book is always either best or the worst thing I've read all week. Such a frustrating series.
    I've been tempted to pick up this series so many times, but I keep hearing things similar to this.

Extraordinary Member

I've loved these guys since the second Phonogram series. I have and will continue to pick up everything they do from here on in. Everything they touch is gold!