Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    To be fair you know how Marvel like to exaggerate in their solicitations. Saying that though since it is basically a prelude to Secret Wars...but it might be good and it'll be ''free''.
    I know. Still, I'm getting a tad bit annoyed at how Marvel keeps promising "Death, Death, Death". I know it's not the end of 616, but it seems like it'll be the end of majority of the Multiverse.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I know. Still, I'm getting a tad bit annoyed at how Marvel keeps promising "Death, Death, Death". I know it's not the end of 616, but it seems like it'll be the end of majority of the Multiverse.
    I think it'll be the end of some the Multiverse certainly but the majority? Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they actually do in the story for the answer to that one.

I think it'll be the end of some the Multiverse certainly but the majority? Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they actually do in the story for the answer to that one.
    It just seems kinda morbid to me. The Multiverse was always something I took comfort with. "If this character is dead here, maybe they're alive in another dimension." Now we can't even get that!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

To be fair we don't know much for certain at this point in time.

All-New Member

Hmmm..... I was kind of wondering this from the start. I don't have much to go on, as I'm not current with
    The books out there, but I always thought the Beyonder was taking advantage of the destroyed worlds by picking
    Up the pieces of what was left and forming a new battle world. That's why Molecule Man sensed something familiar
    About the piece of destroyed world.
    Lol! I even thought at one point the Beyonder race had the mapmakers seek out worlds for them to form their own
    battle worlds. The Beyonders being the Ivory Kings. I suppose that would give them some reason to oppose this Great
    Destroyer.
    Kinda like each Beyonder would have their worlds champion battle each other's.
    Sigh..... All this waiting for answers....

They will not call it this. But even the solicit makes it seem like this is a kind of reboot or re-envisioning of continuity. Everything on hold for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    They will not call it this. But even the solicit makes it seem like this is a kind of reboot or re-envisioning of continuity. Everything on hold for this?
    It'll be more like every book ties into Secret Wars and goes back to their own plots. Hell, why would they start so many books so close to Secret Wars? Remender's Hydra plot hasn't started yet, and Bendis is still using time traveling X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Did you see the solicit for the Free Comic Book Day issue?

spoilers:

FCBD 2015 SECRET WARS #1
    Prepare yourself for the final days of the Marvel Universe as you know it as the march to the biggest comic event of the year continues! From the ashes of a decimated cosmos rises...Battleworld! Amid the strange, patchwork realm, refugees from thousands of obliterated universes struggle for survival. Even if they can endure the horrors of Battleworld - the home they knew has been destroyed! Time has run out, and the opening salvo of Secret Wars has been fired. But can anything restore the Marvel Universe that once was?
    end of spoilers
    This basically covers a lot of questions.

Time Runs Out is going to end with the Multiverse destroyed and the heroes are going to have to find a way to restore it.

Ultimate Member

To be fair we don't know much for certain at this point in time.
    This too.............

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Did you see the solicit for the Free Comic Book Day issue?

spoilers:

FCBD 2015 SECRET WARS #1
    Prepare yourself for the final days of the Marvel Universe as you know it as the march to the biggest comic event of the year continues! From the ashes of a decimated cosmos rises...Battleworld! Amid the strange, patchwork realm, refugees from thousands of obliterated universes struggle for survival. Even if they can endure the horrors of Battleworld - the home they knew has been destroyed! Time has run out, and the opening salvo of Secret Wars has been fired. But can anything restore the Marvel Universe that once was?
    end of spoilers
    Huh, that's the first time I've seen that solicit. I am not quite sure what to make of it. I have a hard time believing Marvel would REALLY destroy the 616 universe, and it seems strange to blow it all up with a number of new books starting up around that time, like Gamora is getting a book not long prior to that, and she's a cosmic character so her being in Manhattan will be... tricky, along with the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy and other Cosmic characters. They must have a way to restore things to at least something RESEMBLING the old universe at the end.

But, considering that some of Hickman's major characters are Black Panther (Wakanda), Iron Man (currently in San Francisco, but in a prison in the future) Thor (Asgard, though I guess he does spend a lot of time in NY) and Namor (Atlantis) with some important things from Doom in Latveria going on, he must have some kind of plan to make sure characters from elsewhere in the world are included, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Huh, that's the first time I've seen that solicit. I am not quite sure what to make of it. I have a hard time believing Marvel would REALLY destroy the 616 universe, and it seems strange to blow it all up with a number of new books starting up around that time, like Gamora is getting a book not long prior to that, and she's a cosmic character so her being in Manhattan will be... tricky, along with the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy and other Cosmic characters. They must have a way to restore things to at least something RESEMBLING the old universe at the end.

But, considering that some of Hickman's major characters are Black Panther (Wakanda), Iron Man (currently in San Francisco, but in a prison in the future) Thor (Asgard, though I guess he does spend a lot of time in NY) and Namor (Atlantis) with some important things from Doom in Latveria going on, he must have some kind of plan to make sure characters from elsewhere in the world are included, somehow.
    They may well destroy it in the course of the storyline, but if they do you can bet that it will be restored/recreated in some fashion. There may be some degree of change to the new version, from minor tweaks to merging with some aspects of 1610 (but I doubt wholesale reboot revisions to match the MCU, there are too many ongoing storylines), but it will be back. So will a number of alternate universes, so probably a fully recreated multiverse... they need somewhere to put Spider-Gwen and her series, and you don't want her on the same Earth as the Peter Parker who remembers Gwen dying because he failed to save her, it would be a mess to explain all the time.

And it's not like this hasn't happened to the MU before anyway. Everybody remembers Sise-Neg traveling back to the Big Bang, and Entropy and Epiphany manipulating Genis-Vell into destroying and recreating the universe, right?