• Zeus origin and Diana as part of the Olympians

27 43.55%
  • Diana as goddess of War

34 54.84%
  • Swiss army braceletes

33 53.23%
  • God mode

31 50.00%
  • Designs (Wondy, Gods, N.Gods, F.Born, etc)

35 56.45%
  • Zola as her human buddy

26 41.94%
  • Sex piracy

10 16.13%
  • More down to earth designs and way of life for Amazons and Paradise Island

16 25.81%
  • Diana's training by both the Amazons and Ares

28 45.16%
  • More grey-ish, whimsical Olympians, eg: Ares as an antihero of sorts

33 53.23%
  • Orion romance (editorial didnt allow it to happen, but still...)

14 22.58%
  • Superman romance

15 24.19%
  • Normal sword as standard equipment, placed at her hip.

13 20.97%
  • Steve Trevor's is back and his handling in the new 52

26 41.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Steve.

That's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I liked the Swiss Army bracelets because it's a corny element that's been embraced by new fans that previously hated WW's corny elements. God Mode would be similar, but it's tied too closely to the daughter of Zeus origin I hate.

The rest don't seem like Azz innovations, but the New 52's. Steve's promotion, Superman and the sword as every day weapon, come next. Under design, the costume has finally grown on me. Thank Tony S. Daniel for that, not Chiang, nor Lee. I still hate the blue boots though.
    Tony Daniel? the design is all on chiang and look much better under his pen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Plenty of other DC writers have used Steve Trevor in the New 52 so I highly doubt that Azzarello can't use him.
    depends on what Azz wanted to do with him. and if there isn't a embargo for the WW book

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Like i wrote on the first post, you can have up to 15 choices, which left me with a few spare ones when i finished so i thought i'd ask about the non-Azz things too.
    you should change for New 52 innovation and Azz
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-13-2014 at 07:17 PM.

I can only change the title of the first post, not the title of the entire thread. Eh, it's ok i guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Tony Daniel? the design is all on chiang and look much better under his pen
    I disagree.

Everything except:
    Goddess of War (don't hate it as a temporary story line but don't want it to last)
    sex piracy
    Primitive Amazonian lifestyle
    Original Orion plans

I DO like the nature of the Olympians, I didn't mark it by mistake.

And while I like what DC's done with Steve and am a fan of the Superman romance, those aren't Azzarello innovations. The latter was originally Johns' idea, and someone higher up is responsible for Steve's handling too. Not sure whose idea it ultimately was though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-13-2014 at 10:30 PM.

God/berserk mode

New origin

new hera

zola

superman romance

new take on amazons (i happen to like the realistic take on how they reproduce)

BANNED

I disagree.

I don't wanna be that girl from the video that says that boobs should go inside the t-shirt/bra/corset

this is how you draw WW, not the supermodel Tony Daniel draw

I like Wonder Woman being Hippolyta and Zeus's daughter! I think it is as innovative and exciting a revision to her origin, as making Green Lantern a cosmic enforcer in the 1950s. What I don't like is the violent, stupid scene that brought Queen Pippy and Zeus together. We just didn't need that ridiculous flashback, which was so obviously ham-handedly tacked on by Mr. Azzarello.

As for the cast...also like the addition of Zola and Hermes as a recurring players or support cast. I like - LOVE - the addition of Ares as Diana's mentor, but don't think he should be her primary mentor. It's not too late to introduce an Amazon, like Dessa or Pythia, as her primary mentor.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I disagree.

Chiang has his own style which makes her look... I dont know, it makes the whole thing work. Daniel has a more "realistic" than stylistic approach to drawing and it really shows the suit for what it really is, a swimsuit. In other words i like Chiang's better because his style hides the ridiculousness of the suit.

And besides that, if you look at the pictures you posted, WW's legs are like two dimensional. Like a cardboard cutout in a videostore. Everybody can copy Jim Lee, it's an easy style. But Daniel is pretty bad at it.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 05-15-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Everything except:
    Goddess of War (don't hate it as a temporary story line but don't want it to last)
    sex piracy
    Primitive Amazonian lifestyle
    Original Orion plans

I DO like the nature of the Olympians, I didn't mark it by mistake.

And while I like what DC's done with Steve and am a fan of the Superman romance, those aren't Azzarello innovations. The latter was originally Johns' idea, and someone higher up is responsible for Steve's handling too. Not sure whose idea it ultimately was though.
    Nobody reads the first post it seems. I said there why i did it. Can a mod change the name of the thread please?

BANNED

Chiang has his own style which makes her look... I dont know, it makes the whole thing work. Daniel has a more "realistic" than stylistic approach to drawing and it really shows the suit for what it really is, a swimsuit. In other words i like Chiang's better because his style hides the ridiculousness of the suit.

And besides that, if you look at the pictures you posted, WW's legs are like two dimensional. Like a cardboard cutout in a videostore. Everybody can draw Jim Lee, it's an easy style. But Daniel is pretty bad at it.
    the generic Jim Lee style, also his expressions are really bad done. Chiang is very good doing facial expressions

So, Azz has brought a lot of new things to the table. Vote the ones you liked. You can select multiple choices.

Some explanations:
    - Option with Orion: Let's assume Azz was allowed to do it and therefore had developped him into a proper love interest. I feel like he stopped using him too much when DC forbid him from going there, so Orion stayed a bit of a pig and therefore not in a position to be anyone WW would want to date...
    Hopefully, when Superman is out of the way and back with Lois, things will change. Orion and Wondy will get together, once in a while. I would like to see Steve Trevor and Orion become recurring romantic interests - NOT regulars - whom Wondy encounters on one mission or another. We all know the Superman/Wonder thing is a promotional stunt that will eventually be phased out, anyway.

Still think Carter Hall (Hawkman) would be a great match for Diana, since he's not with Hawkgirl, anyway.

Don' think Wondy needs a regular boyfriend, as in the past, who lives in her town or works at her Taco Whiz. She doesn't need a Lois Lane.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-15-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ah! It seem Diana as god of war, her new bracelets and the new designs are the most voted at the moment, followed close by Steve =)

Anyway, I like her new origin as Zeus's daughter. Yes, there's the problem that there was an affair between him and Hippolyta, but still I like this origin more than the previous one when she was gifted by the gods and so she had to worship them and they could take her powers away when they wanted to... This way her powers are hers, and she is one of them, not their champion and their follower.

I like also the fact she has become god of War. That could be really interesting. I liked also how Soule used this idea recently, and I don't think it goes against what she stood for pre52, since what she wants to do now that she has become god of war is exactly what she wanted to do before: seeking Peace.

I like her new bracelets. She may not always need any weapons, but when she does she can now have them at will. Very useful and I like also the visual effect =)

I like also her God Mode, how she doesn't abuse her power but still has it, and I'd like to use it again in the future, both in her own title and outside. I think she has yet to reconcile who she is and who she aspires to be, and that we may see her doing so very soon.

I really like the new designs too!, and I like also Zola as her human buddy.

The fact that she was trained by both the Amazons and Ares, and also that the gods are not simply bad or good. How Ares, Hera and Hades changed...very interesting storylines for me.

Finally, I like also Orion, Superman's romance and the new Steve Trevor.

Basically I liked everything except for the sex piracy (but if Diana manages to change them, still something good could come from that), the new way of life for the Amazons (I would also like them to be more technologically advanced, like Hephaestus: magic and tech mixed together) and the sword placed at her hip, since she doesn't need it xD
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Still think Carter Hall (Hawkman) would be a great match for Diana, since he's not with Hawkgirl, anyway.
    They would look great together on posters, but I don't think they're very compatible, personality-wise.

BANNED

And besides that, if you look at the pictures you posted, WW's legs are like two dimensional. Like a cardboard cutout in a videostore. Everybody can copy Jim Lee, it's an easy style. But Daniel is pretty bad at it.
    I dislike Chiang's Wonder Woman work. When I look at it, this is all I see

the same facial expression that makes me wonder why she's not constantly picking bugs out of her teeth.