Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
Given how the X-men have been treated lately, that sounds about right. Then again, they are inverted. That means their competence might be inverted as well.

Overall, this series has been better than I think some are willing to give it credit for. I like the concept. I like how it was set up. It just hasn't been executed very well. It had some very correctable flaws. But with only one issue left, I don't think those flaws are going to get corrected. I'm now more interested in the long-term impact. Whatever it ends up being, I think we can say with a fair amount of certainty that the X-men will suffer much more than anyone else. That's just how Marvel does business these days.
X-Men suffering has always been how marvel does business. They play the victims in a world where everyone else needs to be written as a bigot in order for them to have their role. As I said earlier in this thread, I find the small violin playing in the background a bit tiresome at times but that's really what seperates the X-Men from other super heroe teams.

Now they get to have their X nation thing or whatever, which was alluded to in Hickmans book.