Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, #9

ACT III: NEW WORLD DISORDER
    • Who will live? Who will die? Who will remain inverted? A shocking climax that promises to crack the Marvel Universe to its very core!
    • An old foe must claim the mantle of his greatest enemy to save the lives of all he cares for!
    • An X-Man's horrifying fate! An Avenger's appalling choice! If you read only one comic this century - This is it!

Full article here.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Best thing about this is the art. I love me some Jim Cheung.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

That handful of Avengers took out Apocalypse, an army of X-Men, and a group of villains. Hmmm...
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    That handful of Avengers took out Apocalypse, an army of X-Men, and a group of villains. Hmmm...
    I think it was most Thor cutting Poccy down.

And really, I don't think there's anyone amongst the villains or heroes that can stop the Hulk (or Kluh) in this case.

When you've got a Thor and a Hulk it's not necessarily out of the realm of possibility.

Plus, the Avengers came in fresh after the X-Men had already battled the inverted villains.

Bluebird

This is not gonna end well for Havok. (And, by extension, the Wasp, for that matter.)

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

You guys are right. I really rushed through last issue, forgot Thor had his anti-celestial axe and that the villains were kind of fighting both sides.

So glad to see this art though. Finally get to see that beautiful Raven/Victor scene they released ages ago.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Looks like Luke Cage beat Colossus down... He's getting more and more strength feats.... That's my dogg..
    Used to be Juggernuat on the Marvel boards

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Best thing about this is the art. I love me some Jim Cheung.
    I just wish he were illustrating another book.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    This is not gonna end well for Havok. (And, by extension, the Wasp, for that matter.)
    I'm still hoping it ends with the two of them choosing to take a break from the hero life to start their family together. It'd certainly make up for Havok's departure from the Avengers back in issue 3.

I guess it serves as a reminder that, even inverted, Evan is no real Apocalypse.

Given how the X-men have been treated lately, that sounds about right. Then again, they are inverted. That means their competence might be inverted as well.

Overall, this series has been better than I think some are willing to give it credit for. I like the concept. I like how it was set up. It just hasn't been executed very well. It had some very correctable flaws. But with only one issue left, I don't think those flaws are going to get corrected. I'm now more interested in the long-term impact. Whatever it ends up being, I think we can say with a fair amount of certainty that the X-men will suffer much more than anyone else. That's just how Marvel does business these days.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

There were more players than just them. Thor used the Celestial killing axe on Evanpocalypse and then The Absorbing Man absorbed its' properties and fought him with it (not that it should make him do any extra damage beyond the suit. There was a sort of free for all between the groups. How the Avengers came out on top, I do not know, but the X-Men had to essentially face them and the inverted villains.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    I guess it serves as a reminder that, even inverted, Evan is no real Apocalypse.
    At least he backhanded Kluh like Apocalypse did to Hulk before he made him War, that's a bit of consistency.

And predictions are: that the old foe is Magneto running the JGS, the X-man is the Professor X trapped in the Red Skull's body, and the Avenger is Wasp joining the X-men.

Well, the group of villains was already on the verge of unconsciousness, and the X-men only had their physical brawlers; so someone knows where are Kitty and Teen Jean ?.
    But anyways, this is an Avengers event written by Remenber, so its not that surprising.