Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Given how the X-men have been treated lately, that sounds about right. Then again, they are inverted. That means their competence might be inverted as well.

Overall, this series has been better than I think some are willing to give it credit for. I like the concept. I like how it was set up. It just hasn't been executed very well. It had some very correctable flaws. But with only one issue left, I don't think those flaws are going to get corrected. I'm now more interested in the long-term impact. Whatever it ends up being, I think we can say with a fair amount of certainty that the X-men will suffer much more than anyone else. That's just how Marvel does business these days.
    X-Men suffering has always been how marvel does business. They play the victims in a world where everyone else needs to be written as a bigot in order for them to have their role. As I said earlier in this thread, I find the small violin playing in the background a bit tiresome at times but that's really what seperates the X-Men from other super heroe teams.

Now they get to have their X nation thing or whatever, which was alluded to in Hickmans book.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    If you read only one comic this century - This is it!
    I find this bit of advertising copy completely disrespectful and an insult to all the Marvel creators that are producing good comics.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    X-Men suffering has always been how marvel does business. They play the victims in a world where everyone else needs to be written as a bigot in order for them to have their role. As I said earlier in this thread, I find the small violin playing in the background a bit tiresome at times but that's really what seperates the X-Men from other super heroe teams.

Now they get to have their X nation thing or whatever, which was alluded to in Hickmans book.
    What separates XMen from other super hero teams is the minority allegory.

Mighty Member

Why is the Red Skull White instead of Red

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I think you are confusing the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Because he is inverted. Obviously.

And in X-men color scale, red is bad and white is good.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 12-19-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    What separates XMen from other super hero teams is the minority allegory.
    The minority allegory is what I meant when I said they're written to play the victims. Essentially the X-books need to literally throw everyone else under the bus by making the public and government bigots, and the rest of the hero community apathetic enough to look the other way most of the time, so that they can be victimized in an over the top comic book allegory of racism. And this is essentially just more of that. Yeah, more bad stuff will likely happen to mutants as a result of this story but that's just the norm.

I suppose in a way this is a good thing. Stuff like this makes the over the top bigotry the public and goverment have for mutants a little more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Could be a clever disguise Jarvis came up with. Everyone's looking for a Red Skull.

That art is fantastic.

Love that Old Man Rogers choose retreat over trying to fight FalconCap.
    Not really a fan of the ease with which one squad of Avengers took out the X-Men though.
    They've got Thor and Emo Hulk so I can see it happening, but it still makes the story a bit lopsided.
    Hopefully the rest of the issue can ease my concerns.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

It says an X-Man's horrifying fate...I do hope that Evan doesn't technically count as an X-Man (cause he's usually a JGS student and all, even if he's leading the X-Men here) and that he doesn't end up hurt too badly because of all of this. If they kill him off its a waste of an amazing character.
    Last edited by TruDivination; 12-19-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    That art is fantastic.

Love that Old Man Rogers choose retreat over trying to fight FalconCap.
    Not really a fan of the ease with which one squad of Avengers took out the X-Men though.
    They've got Thor and Emo Hulk so I can see it happening, but it still makes the story a bit lopsided.
    Hopefully the rest of the issue can ease my concerns.
    Again, the ease of it in large part can probably be attibuted to the X-Men having to go through the inverted villains and Spider-Man before the Avengers even got there. So it's not like the playing field was exactly even.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    This is not gonna end well for Havok. (And, by extension, the Wasp, for that matter.)
    I have a feeling that you are right.

Amazing Member

Nice to see the closing issue's art is finally up to par

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News
    If you read only one comic this century - This is it!
    I find this bit of advertising copy completely disrespectful and an insult to all the Marvel creators that are producing good comics.
    Oh, my, I didn't noticed they dared to write that and for Axis... /facepalm

Edit: And yeah, if you have to read only 1 comic, that certainly the issue #9 of an event. Because the first 8 issues are soo totaly not needed. /facepalm2
    Last edited by Narasinha; 12-19-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Yeah, well, I guess it's a good things that all telepaths vanished into thin air.

Because Marvel has NEVER used obvious hyperbole to promote their comics before this.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist