Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yeah, well, I guess it's a good things that all telepaths vanished into thin air.
    Really the telepaths probably wouldn't have made a difference. Stark showed at the start of the event that he had anti-telepath tech capable of blocking Red Onslaught. So as long as Stark came into the fight prepared, I think the Avengers could handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Because Marvel has NEVER used obvious hyperbole to promote their comics before this.
    it's totally a new thingcapas15.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Braun Rodman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P
    Because Marvel has NEVER used obvious hyperbole to promote their comics before this.
    it's totally a new thing
    I think the poster was being sarcastic.

And I was being ironic: It's not that they used an hyperbole that I find silly. It's that they say that if we have to read only 1 comic, it should be the last chapter of a story...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really the telepaths probably wouldn't have made a difference. Stark showed at the start of the event that he had anti-telepath tech capable of blocking Red Onslaught. So as long as Stark came into the fight prepared, I think the Avengers could handle that.
    I don't want to debate about who is the most powerfull or who should win: Authors will do whatever they want anyway.
    But those comments reminded me that many X-Men have powers that are only "kept in check" because they are unwilling to kill their adversaries. Inverted X-Men should be more than eager for blood and use their powers in the deadliest way. Which would be quite different.

For example, Nightcrawler can teleport part of someone body (the last time it was shown was in Axis: Révolutions 2). Kitty can render her hand solid inside someone else body (she did it a few times). Or a TK can squash someone's brain/heart to pulpe (Jean gave a stroke to someone that way) and so on.

It's kinda weird not to see the inverted X-Men use their powers in more gruesome ways and with less restraint. (Guess we can be glad about it as it would have really ugly results for the characters themseves)

That's another silly thing about Axis: The heroes are shown to be evil, bloodthirsty, without morality and yet, nobody managed to kill anyone. So they can all walk away from that more or less clean. Or at least clean of murder.

I don't want to debate about who is the most powerfull or who should win: Authors will do whatever they want anyway.
    But those comments reminded me that many X-Men have powers that are only "kept in check" because they are unwilling to kill their adversaries. Inverted X-Men should be more than eager for blood and use their powers in the deadliest way. Which would be quite different.

For example, Nightcrawler can teleport part of someone body (the last time it was shown was in Axis: Révolutions 2). Kitty can render her hand solid inside someone else body (she did it a few times). Or a TK can squash someone's brain/heart to pulpe (Jean gave a stroke to someone that way) and so on.

It's kinda weird not to see the inverted X-Men use their powers in more gruesome ways and with less restraint. (Guess we can be glad about it as it would have really ugly results for the characters themseves)

That's another silly thing about Axis: The heroes are shown to be evil, bloodthirsty, without morality and yet, nobody managed to kill anyone. So they can all walk away from that more or less clean. Or at least clean of murder.
    You can even say that about villains a lot if the time. There are a million instances where the villains have captured the good guys and could have killed them. But they usually don't. That's kind of how comics work. The body count is always unrealistically low. And overall that's probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    Looks like Luke Cage beat Colossus down... He's getting more and more strength feats.... That's my dogg..
    Looks like Colossus got tag teamed.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Looks like Colossus got tag teamed.
    For all we know there were 10 guys on Colossus. Hard to really say much about a fight that occured off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can even say that about villains a lot if the time. There are a million instances where the villains have captured the good guys and could have killed them. But they usually don't.
    Yeah, but that's because they first want to brag about and enjoy their victory instead of killing them as soon as they can. It's not because they don't want to use their powers fully in fear of hurting them

Also keep in mind that not all the X-Men are present at the battle. So those worrying about the X-Men getting a beatdown...well...Thor required a magical axe and Apocalypse was doing very well till then.

A team of Storm, Havok, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Colossus, Apocalypse could definitely be taken out by Thor + Apocalypse Kryptonite, Supercharged Hulk, etc..

Think Rogue is still active though.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-19-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

I like Cheung, but his inker is not doing him any favors. Looks choppy and not up to his regular standards.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

To be honest a lot of superheroes(not all bt good chunk of them) have their powers "kept in check" only by their essentially good nature and not being a sociopath. After all ALL superstrong characters(evenif "weak" like Spidey) had to CONTROL their strenght 24/7 least accidentally causing a carnage of unbelivable level(think about a friendly fist-bump by the Thing, or Colossus or the Hulk...unless they control their strenght with extreme precision the risk of snapping someone arm off is considerable..I always found weird how much fine control superstrong guys have!)
    In Marvel Zombie series it was stated that took 1 week for zombified Marvel heroes to KILL NEAR ALL HUMANKIND!! this give an idea of what unchecked superheroes can accomplish....

Astonishing Member

with regard to an avenger's fate; doesn't "synergy" sort of require wasp to, you know, die?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    with regard to an avenger's fate; doesn't "synergy" sort of require wasp to, you know, die?
    Again? After all the trouble the first time and undoing that one caused? Stupid synergy if that is the case.

In the meantime, having read the preview, the trope "Evil Feels Good" definitely comes to mind, since the Inverted Avengers are so bent on not being reverted to their former (more) heroic selves. On the upside, Jim Cheung does a pretty good job drawing the Superior Iron Man armor.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Again? After all the trouble the first time and undoing that one caused? Stupid synergy if that is the case.

In the meantime, having read the preview, the trope "Evil Feels Good" definitely comes to mind, since the Inverted Avengers are so bent on not being reverted to their former (more) heroic selves. On the upside, Jim Cheung does a pretty good job drawing the Superior Iron Man armor.
    Course, I'm not sure the bad guys really seem all that interested in being inverted back either. I guess for everyone, walking on the other side for a bit is kinda fun.

Funny thing is I'm sort of going to miss the good versions of some of the villains.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I just wish he were illustrating another book.
    Yeah. I wish he were on a new ongoing instead. He barley does anything beyond covers recently
    X-Men Forever