Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstadt View Post
    An old foe must claim the mantle of his greatest enemy to save the lives of all he cares for! You would have to be Layla Miller to guess/know this one.
    It sounds like a Sabretooth/Wolverine reference to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Please, he (in his teen Tony incarnation) had built this stuff based on Xavier's cerebro designs and Wakandan tech way back in Onslaught. For whatever reason he never incorporated it into his armor (Contest of Champions II against Psylocke) and both he and Panther forgot it existed in AvX.
    Only fans (some of us anyway) adhere to (or should I say "remember") continuity... Your examples are more a case of not doing any research before putting pen to paper, IMHO.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-20-2014 at 09:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also keep in mind that not all the X-Men are present at the battle. So those worrying about the X-Men getting a beatdown...well...Thor required a magical axe and Apocalypse was doing very well till then.

A team of Storm, Havok, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Colossus, Apocalypse could definitely be taken out by Thor + Apocalypse Kryptonite, Supercharged Hulk, etc..

Think Rogue is still active though.

Yet another reason I hate marvel team up events, Spidey's always the first guy to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Yet another reason I hate marvel team up events, Spidey's always the first guy to go down.
    Technicaly Carnage went down first.

But in the least, Spidey was still throwing down later on in the book. We saw him fighting Colossus, so he took a shot at the start but got back up.

The X-Men aren't down. It's just Colossus, Cyclops and a brown-haired woman that looks that could she be Shadowcat. Evan gets back into the fight later.

Also Sunfire, Angel, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Havok are missing there.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 12-20-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Bluebird

I'm now convinced that the old foe "claiming the mantle of his greatest enemy" is Magneto becoming the new Xavier, in terms of being the voice of reason for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I would agree but for the fact that the jammer worked on Onslaught. I mean, look, telepathy is no more than the human mind using EM energy in wildly different uses. Quasar figured this out and used his quantum bands to block telepaths from controlling his mind based on simply shielding his brains EM field. Even Overmind couldn't take control of him even if he could read him. If thats all it is, then I can't imagine Stark not having it work just fine.
    Except it was temporary and Red Onslaught who is not even that experienced broke free. And Starks Sentinels had a flaw in their design and Frost an expert in designing psi tech exploited it. The fact that he'd have a scanner on his armour would make him susceptible as well.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-21-2014 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Only fans (some of us anyway) adhere to (or should I say "remember") continuity... Your examples are more a case of not doing any research before putting pen to paper, IMHO.
    It may be less a case of not remembering, and more one of deliberately ignoring for reasons of desired plot. This is one thing that all writers of serial fiction in every medium at least sometimes fall prey to... introducing something in one episode or issue that, if acknowledged or 'remembered' to exist from that point forward, either short circuits many future plots or wastes precious time (or panels) explaining why it doesn't apply in this case. It happens in TV series like Star Trek (with alternate uses of replicator and transporter tech most often), and it really happens in comics quite a bit. For myself, I can't help but notice and take note of such things, but I've learned not to let it bother me too much.

I mean, when you come down to it, if Tony remembered everything he's invented and built, he'd be using not just quite (if not universally) effective anti-psi tech, but anti-everything power disruptors that work on psis, mutants, Greek gods, the Sentry, and so on without exceptions (except for those programmed into it or wearing special screening tech) whenever turned on. We all remember New Avengers, where this tech was first stolen by the fugitive Avengers in order to set a trap for Stark's Avengers, and then rebuilt by Jonas Harrow to be used by the Hood and his gang, right? Even if that particular design was swiss cheesed from Tony's memory by his self-inflicted mind wipe during Dark Reign, he's had enough time to reconstruct it, and remembered enough obscure tidbits from his past, that he should be able to have such devices set up to blanket San Francisco and prevent interference there, and probably a portable one to bring to the battles in NYC. But having Tony show up, turn on the device and turn off the powers of everybody he doesn't want to spare, and take everybody down with multiple remote controlled suits of armor, would make a short, simple, and somewhat boring story.

BANNED

Except it was temporary and Red Onslaught who is not even that experienced broke free. And Starks Sentinels had a flaw in their design and Frost an expert in designing psi tech exploited it. The fact that he'd have a scanner on his armour would make him susceptible as well.
    Emma designs one technological device and now she's expert in electronic engineering?

Emma designs one technological device and now she's expert in electronic engineering?
    Nope. Under the abilities section. In the few times she has appeared as a villian she not only designed the mind trap device from the DPS but also the mind swap gun from UXM 151, the muti-vac (which was shown to be superior to Cerebro) and the psionic bracelet as well (Both from the Fire star mini-series).

Also the word expert is used under the abilities section in the second image just for you ZNOP.

http://media.emmafrostfiles.com/comi...0x1000_q90.jpg
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-21-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Nope. Under the abilities section. In the few times she has appeared as a villian she not only designed the mind trap device from the DPS but also the mind swap gun from UXM 151, the muti-vac (which was shown to be superior to Cerebro) and the psionic bracelet as well (Both from the Fire star mini-series).

Also the word expert is used under the abilities section in the second image just for you ZNOP.

http://media.emmafrostfiles.com/comi...0x1000_q90.jpg
    Besides all that, even if it had been just the one device, if she truly designed it herself rather than commissioning the job... then
    yeah, that requires a significant level of expertise.

BANNED

Well, I did say "designed" didn't I? (No doubt she telepathically pilfered said engineering skills off of some poor flatscan.) And, to be honest I forgot about the mind swap gun. But, she didn't build it with her own two hands as I'm fairly sure the techs at Frost industries assembled both devices.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-21-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Well, I did say "designed" didn't I? And, to be honest I forget about the mind swap gun.
    Yes, you did... and I'm saying if you are capable of designing a working electronic device that affects psi powers, you are ipso facto kind of an expert in the field. If you design several, then it's definitely confirmed that you're an expert and didn't just get lucky with the one.

BANNED

Fair enough... I'm not trying to diminish Emma's skill set here.

Sure if Bendis wanted to he could give Emma bit more to do then be wallpaper. Lorna contained a crap load of infectious diseases as Pestilence in Blood of Apocalypse.