Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I didn't place well, I got nothing.
    But I got a 2-Star Iron Man from my daily crystal.
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacular Spider-Fan View Post
    Well, I came in 16,991st place for the Second Skin competition. I didn't get Rhino, but a won a crystal giving me a 2-star Hulk.
    Congrats!

I got far enough in the trickshot event to win hawkeye!
    My first 3 star!
    ALSO won two crystals. 1. Duplicate 2. Abomination 2 star. Not too shabby either
    Squad name: Glittering Sparrow Mentor
    mostly playing as: Iceman
    Signature Crisis Hero: Sabretooth
    willing to play missions with others

Congratulation guys!
    Hopefully I can get a Captain America... but I need a Mutant on my team to get on this Mutant specific path..

BANNED

So is the game as horrible as it looks?

The game is not horrible at all. It is actually quite fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedTraveler View Post
    The game is not horrible at all. It is actually quite fun.
    Looks pretty terrible, everyone seems to have the same combo, there's no movement besides a back and forward dash, the characters all look stone faced and without any flourish of character, killing the novelty of being able to play as the Marvel characters. Looks like one of the most lazy fighting game I've ever seen. The little I've seen of it also makes the pay part of the game look horrible, although great for Marvel.

Special event "holiday haul" is on!
    And they are drowning you with boxes.
    Really nice event! Don't Miss out
    Squad name: Glittering Sparrow Mentor
    mostly playing as: Iceman
    Signature Crisis Hero: Sabretooth
    willing to play missions with others

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Looks pretty terrible, everyone seems to have the same combo, there's no movement besides a back and forward dash, the characters all look stone faced and without any flourish of character, killing the novelty of being able to play as the Marvel characters. Looks like one of the most lazy fighting game I've ever seen. The little I've seen of it also makes the pay part of the game look horrible, although great for Marvel.
    It's not a fighting game, is about collecting and upgrading your characters, it could be that to advance quest they threw a dice, but instead you can use a bit of skill to advance until eventually the stats are too much and you have to get better chars.

There's a new event for Hero Crystals! They are quite easy to get! I have already received 2 Crystals to use later!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    It's not a fighting game, is about collecting and upgrading your characters, it could be that to advance quest they threw a dice, but instead you can use a bit of skill to advance until eventually the stats are too much and you have to get better chars.
    It is a fighting game. You do that stuff because it's a free-to-play game they want you to spend money in...although unlocking characters and even upgrading them isn't anything new to fighting games.

I have also found that this game is has a little bit a strategy in the fightings. I have found one and it has become useful, although I still lose everyone once in a while.

I ranked in on the crystal event and received a crystal which got me a 2 Star Abomination.
    From the same event, I got 4 other crystals that got me:
    2 Star Winter Soldier
    2 Star Spiderman
    Duplicate
    Duplicate

Yet I still have no mutants.. I need a mutant!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

This game is a fun time waster, but there are some things that annoy me about it. The repetitive fighting style gets old after a while. The odds of getting a Punisher from the Arena and Battle Chip crystal drops are astronomical, plus the roulette is predetermined instead of based on your timing. Also, the PvP isn't true PvP, but AI based on player stats, which means that even though you have a team of, say, 400 in a tournament, you will still end up fighting a teams rated 800+ and higher the longer your streak is.

Other than that, I'm shocked that there isn't a single member of the Fantastic Four in this game.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I assume this guy is long gone by now, but I just want to say...

You'll see in the bottom right corner that it says "Pre-Alpha Actual Gameplay Footage" -- That's VERY early footage, there have been countless improvements to the game since then. There's been alpha-testing, then beta-testing, then release, then post-release patching.

Try playing something before you call it horrible.

Everyone's got special moves now that are unique to them, for one thing...

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedTraveler View Post
    I ranked in on the crystal event and received a crystal which got me a 2 Star Abomination.
    From the same event, I got 4 other crystals that got me:
    2 Star Winter Soldier
    2 Star Spiderman
    Duplicate
    Duplicate

Yet I still have no mutants.. I need a mutant!
    I got Wolverine pretty early on, but he's a 1-star. Then I finally got myself a 2-star mutant... but it's Cyclops. XD

I need more mutants. ;P

I recently started playing this game and I've found it to be fun.

I've got a question, though:

Is there any way to get a 3-star Storm or 4-star Storm other than the recent Arena contests that I totally missed? ^_^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Other than that, I'm shocked that there isn't a single member of the Fantastic Four in this game.
    I agree that it's a fun time-waster and there are definitely some flaws (the repetitiveness, for one) that will probably lead me to dropping the game eventually, but I just have to say...

Given the way Marvel's been treating the Fantastic Four recently, are you really surprised? ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I assume this guy is long gone by now, but I just want to say...

You'll see in the bottom right corner that it says "Pre-Alpha Actual Gameplay Footage" -- That's VERY early footage, there have been countless improvements to the game since then. There's been alpha-testing, then beta-testing, then release, then post-release patching.

Try playing something before you call it horrible.

Everyone's got special moves now that are unique to them, for one thing...
    I've played it, it sucks. It fact everything I said before seems to hold true, to the point I'm not even sure why you tried calling me out for it. The game has the depth of a Test Your Might Mortal Kombat mini game, it's completely mindless, without even a modicum of challenge. You barely even have to actively be paying attention to what's going. This game very well may be one of the least interesting styles of game I've ever played. Just playing it for a little bit I can already think of ways the game could have been improved, how special attacks could have been implement (beyond the one super move)...hell, they could have given every character their own set of unique combos if you just had to pay attention to screen tap timing. The game needs something more to set characters apart from one another, as it is the different characters feel like little more then different skins. And while you are play the game the characters do seem to be completely without character.

The characters need to rest also seems to be something that's in the way of the "fun" of the game. It feels like one of the worst ways to get people to buy stuff, by that I mean one of the more gross ways...I'm sure it works great for get small kids and fanboys to spend money. I've heard you also need to be online to play it, which is also something that sucks; I think about the few times I even play games on something like an iPad, and it's almost always in places I don't have internet access. I can see people being sucked into this time sink with all the different little things you have to get. The game does seems like a somewhat clever way of separating Marvel fans from their money without the need for things like fun and gameplay; can't help but think how much better it would be at doing that if it was good. Although it's homogeneous feel across all character might also help. It reminds me in the old MvC3 thread there was someone that liked Storm, but they weren't good with the characters at all; that's not a problem anyone could have in this game.

As it is it just makes me wonder why they made a fighting game. They could have done some X-Com style turn-based tactics game where you're fielding your own custom Avengers team while building a base, they could even keep all the same money making tactics this game already uses. A Marvel endless running game would have been more interesting than this game, at least in those you've got to pay attention.