Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Valiant Have It's Own Sub-Forum?

I think so...I don't see any way the publisher's output isn't equivalent to or better than Dark Horse's Hellboy franchise...

Edit: "Its" not "It's"...

I think it's fine having Valiant discussions mixed with the other independents, as it is now.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Maybe down the line, but they still don't publish that many titles, really.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmahananda View Post
    I think so...I don't see any way the publisher's output isn't equivalent to or better than Dark Horse's Hellboy franchise...

Seriously, how much traffic here is made up of Valiant topics?

I mean, I'd LOVE if it had it's own separate section so it would be easier for me to ignore the occasional Valiant-related thread, but that's just me.

And if you segregate the Valiant stuff into its own personal area, are you going to that for all the Dynamite titles? The IDW books? All the Dark Horse product beyond the Mignola stuff? Won't people who read books from BOOM! and Zenescope start getting envious?

I personally don't like the idea of sub forums. I really don't want to have to come to more than one main forum page to see all the posts I care about. But I do like the idea of Valiant becoming so popular as to merit its own sub forum.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Eventually, that would be nice.
    But if Dynamite, IDW or Dark Horse who put out three times as many books a month DON'T have their own forum then VALIANT isn't getting one.

It would seem that getting your own forum merits there being about a 40-50 book a month output based on what Marvel/DC/Image put out each month and they do have their own forum. So between the volume of output, solicits for upcoming output and character/creator threads there would then be enough traffic to warrant the publisher having their own thread.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ya I would say no, just my opinion haha. Its own topic thread does not even have a huge amount of posts. It has a lot. But I think keeping it's own thread here is fine. But I love them and all they are doing. They are great.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Eventually, that would be nice.
    But if Dynamite, IDW or Dark Horse who put out three times as many books a month DON'T have their own forum then VALIANT isn't getting one.
    +1 Besides, if you're really into Valiant, www.valiantfan.com is where you need to be...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Not enough traffic to warrent it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    Maybe down the line, but they still don't publish that many titles, really.
    Maybe we should look at company growth and sales if we can track them all. Their whole idea is that they won't start too many things at once so it can be followed. They have a big enough universe that we can talk about it for long.

It is unlikely that valiant will have its sub forum, as valiant does not produce that much comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmahananda View Post

I really want one, but I'm gonna say no. The one stickied thread about Valiant only gets like 0-3 posts per day.

However, I would agree that, if Hellboy gets his own board, it seems silly to limit the amount of subforums at all. Maybe Hellboy just has a big fanbase that chills here?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Seriously, how much traffic here is made up of Valiant topics?

I mean, I'd LOVE if it had it's own separate section so it would be easier for me to ignore the occasional Valiant-related thread, but that's just me.

And if you segregate the Valiant stuff into its own personal area, are you going to that for all the Dynamite titles? The IDW books? All the Dark Horse product beyond the Mignola stuff? Won't people who read books from BOOM! and Zenescope start getting envious?
    I think, maybe a board that covers all the smaller superhero universes (Valiant, PBS, Dark Circle, DynaKey) from independent publishers would be cool.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    It is unlikely that valiant will have its sub forum, as valiant does not produce that much comic books.
    The real question should be how popular is their shared universe.

BANNED

i wouldn't mind if Valiant, Boom, IDW, Dark Horse, Dynamite, Avatar, Zenescope, Oni all had their own subforums.