Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pretty cool idea. Kind of like Marvel's own Birds of Prey.
    Secret Avengers is a title with so much potential yet it never seems to catch on. There are some runs I really enjoyed, like Kot's and to a lesser degree Spencer's, but the book is never treated like a big deal. Even in-universe, it's pretty much ignored by the main Avengers books.

Love the idea, and the team membership/ M.O. would definitely be an idea that would give the title it's own identity/theme going forward besides the whole espionage angle.

Personally I agree with using Quake, since she was last shown with Jess, Bobbi, and Bucky talking about new ideas. Would let her work on a team that would operate a lot like her old Secret Warriors crew; off the grid, bare essential assets, and a whole lot of compartmentalization. Would also give some tie in to her information network in the winter soldier ongoing.

Other than Daisy, I dig the Wasp idea, or maybe Yo Yo from Secret Warriors as the team speedster/recon. All the old Secret Warriors seem to be popping up in SHIELD postitions so why not?

EDIT: Also, am I the only one that would kill for this book as an Edmondson ongoing?
    Last edited by phantombassist; 12-19-2014 at 01:55 PM.

I love the current Secret Avengers and hope it never ends!!!

Anyway, in the above scenario I would love to add Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) as the 4th member.. she is younger than them and love her personality in the Fraction's Hawkeye series.

With same creators Kot and Walsh!
    Hawkeye - Secret Avengers - Ms. Marvel - Inhuman - Ant-Man

How about Moondragon, or maybe Monica Chang

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantombassist View Post
    Love the idea, and the team membership/ M.O. would definitely be an idea that would give the title it's own identity/theme going forward besides the whole espionage angle.

Personally I agree with using Quake, since she was last shown with Jess, Bobbi, and Bucky talking about new ideas. Would let her work on a team that would operate a lot like her old Secret Warriors crew; off the grid, bare essential assets, and a whole lot of compartmentalization. Would also give some tie in to her information network in the winter soldier ongoing.

Other than Daisy, I dig the Wasp idea, or maybe Yo Yo from Secret Warriors as the team speedster/recon. All the old Secret Warriors seem to be popping up in SHIELD postitions so why not?

EDIT: Also, am I the only one that would kill for this book as an Edmondson ongoing?
    Edmondson's a cool pick based on his Black Widow book.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    With the current volume ending, here's my idea for an All New! Marvel Now! All NOW! Secret Avengers book. ****Minor Spoilers for other books coming****

Core Team:
    Black Widow (leader)
    Spider-Woman
    Mockingbird
    4th Member...you decide......NOW! (I'm playing around with Sue Storm, Kitty or X-23)

With Jessica's new look, I'm DYING to see these three ladies together, they will look fantastic.

Concept:
    Marvel's greatest (female) super spies unite to handle the covert-iest of covert missions

Initial Mission:
    Uncover the Hydra members that have infiltrated the MU's super-teams...through any means necessary!!
    I had almost this exact idea for a book in mind, and then I heard about what happened in Captain America! So, yes, I would love this.

I'd like to see Sharon Carter and Yo Yo Rodriguez rounding out the cast. They're both spies, but neither of them have been particularly attached to any organization or group as of late, so they're likely clean. (Unless Sharon is with Hydra in Remender's Captain America, in which case, ignore that, and affirm that she's good.)

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Cool idea! An interesting mission and one you can definitely build a book around.

For the 4th member, and a bit of a wild card pick,

Frank Castle AKA The Punisher

The guy has the necessary skills - combat, recon, tort..erm..interrogation etc.

The guy lives for the mission, not too many people would take the job more seriously than Frank. Not afraid to make the hard decisions or get his hand dirty.

Most importantly, you can be as sure as possible that he hasn't been compromised. He doesn't have any influence in the MU or strong ties to teams. Not a viable option as an undercover agent, from a Hydra perspective.

Alternately, Quake, Finesse or Bucky would be cool.

Karma. I will never not want her on the Secret Avengers. She's unobtrusive, so she can infiltrate places without anyone paying her any attention. She has a library degree, so she understands information - how it's organized and how to find it. Her possession power means she can even get into secure locations without getting out of her chair. She's now CEO of an arms corporation, which would give her all sorts of influence, and all sorts of ways to get into places and get information that would otherwise be difficult to come by.

Karma's a possibility few would consider. But she would be fantastic at espionage.

Monica Chang's an excellent choice, too. Kudos.

Other ideas: Alexis, Frenzy, Black Cat, Kate Bishop.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

BANNED

....I sorta wish marvel had more Male spy types with powers. Seems like the Star male spy guys have zero super abilities or just barely. I mean the top contenders are Nick Fury, Bucky, Hawkeye(at least recently), Coulson sorta, and Shang-Chi. I suppose you can throw Ant -Man in there but that's mostly due to powerset not because they have a desire to or any skill in the matter. It be really cool if Marvel could added another bad ass spy type with actual powers to complement his spying to the fold. Don't really care about race but not going to lie that it be an added bonus if said character was either Asain, Hispanic, Native or African American.

Extraordinary Member

I only ever REALLY liked the Brubaker era Secret Avengers so I'd want something as close to that as possible:

Winter Soldier
    Black Widow
    Mockingbird
    War Machine
    Moon Knight
    Rita DeMar/Yellowjacket
    Shang-Chi
    Moon Knight
    Agent Venom
    Quake