Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Zoom Vs PC Flash vs The Runner

They are roughly the same speed, but which of these 3 speedsters run supreme as the deadliest speedster in comics?
    Last edited by Cody; 12-19-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Probably Runner, based on things like him tearing the crap out of Thanos (and only losing because he stopped to monologue, letting Thanos use an infinity gem to de-age him), trivially blitz-stomping Silver Surfer without really trying, dominating a fellow Elder of the Universe without effort.

Yeah, while they are all more or less equal in speed, the Runner is a Class 100+ brick with crazy-ass durability and a *Like me!*-aura to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Probably Runner, based on things like him tearing the crap out of Thanos (and only losing because he stopped to monologue, letting Thanos use an infinity gem to de-age him), trivially blitz-stomping Silver Surfer without really trying, dominating a fellow Elder of the Universe without effort.
    IIRC he didn't really hurt Thanos at all. So that isn't really much of a feat. If he physically hurt Surfer on the other hand then that is a pretty good feat.

Couldn't Zoom shift him in reverse to even it out though?

Or is that something only the slower Professor Zoom could do?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

For the surfer thing, Norrin was apparently weakened

For the Thanos thing, we don't see Runner actually hurt him , just his chair.

I mean Runner is surely the physically strongest here, i just don't think he's stronger than Thanos

We see an expression of shock/pain on Thanos' face and damage to his uniform as the Runner spin blitzes around his chair and the like faster than can be depicted or what all ever.

For the surfer thing, Norrin was apparently weakened
    Where in the comic does it say that?

If he physically hurt Surfer on the other hand then that is a pretty good feat.
    He with casual effort beat him to the point of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    We see an expression of shock/pain on Thanos' face and damage to his uniform as the Runner spin blitzes around his chair and the like faster than can be depicted or what all ever.
    we don't actually see runner fighting Thanos, just wrecking his chair. His uniform isn't even significantly affected. The expression of shock is from his chair getting wrecked so fast
    Besides Surfer hung with him for a while and he couldn't hold on to surfers board when surfer took it back, as opposed to Thanos managing to separate surfers board from him for as long as he pleased
    His performance against surfer does not suggest he can take down Thanos

Where in the comic does it say that?

He with casual effort beat him to the point of death.
    it doesn't in that issue. in the very next issue (SS vol2 4) when Runner says he beat Surfer when Champion couldn't, Champion responds with "The surfer was undoubtedly weakened by his battles with me and Korvac"
    Last edited by Matt the Manly; 12-19-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    it doesn't in that issue. in the very next issue (SS vol2 4) when Runner says he beat Surfer when Champion couldn't, Champion responds with "The surfer was undoubtedly weakened by his battles with me and Korvac"
    Lol, that's what you're using?

A statement from Champion, the guy who really loves to talk himself up?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So basically as based in functionally nothing whatsoever but a guy basically trying to defend his wounded ego. Yeah, the Surfer beating up Champion really looked to have weakened him. Are you claiming this statement supports you saying the showing was one against a weakened Surfer?

Besides Surfer hung with him for a while and he couldn't hold on to surfers board when surfer took it back, as opposed to Thanos managing to separate surfers board from him for as long as he pleased
    How much of an effort are you claiming the Runner put in there?

we don't actually see runner fighting Thanos, just wrecking his chair. His uniform isn't even significantly affected. The expression of shock is from his chair getting wrecked so fast
    We see a barrage fucking up the chair and Thanos upended, along with some light cosmetic damage. That there is any effect on him, at all, while he's making that expression comes off as him being actually touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Lol, that's what you're using?

A statement from Champion, the guy who really loves to talk himself up?
    Well that and the fact that every other time Surfer's taken on an Elder, he has won. Ego, Obliterator, Champion etc. Runner doing so much better than the others seems unlikely, and if there's an explanation in the very next issue, I don't really see what the probelm ism it's not like it was retcon or anything

Well that and the fact that every other time Surfer's taken on an Elder, he has won. Ego, Obliterator, Champion etc. Runner doing so much better than the others seems unlikely, and if there's an explanation in the very next issue, I don't really see what the probelm ism it's not like it was retcon or anything
    You know the elders vary in power between themselves? Wildly, at that?

In fact, while we're there, how would Champion even be able to know? This comes off as you distorting a face saving statement made by a guy in an arguement whose last encounter with the Surfer was losing to him. And then looking just fine afterwards to the guy who just lost to him. Do you have anything besides Champion going "no, I don't suck!" in response to the Runner mocking him, or is that it?

A statement from a blowhard is hardly an explanation?

That's pretty much the problem right there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Question, could Champion imprison Death, even temporarily? All the elders are all as powerful as each other after all, apparently.

What good feats does Champion have anyway?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.