Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What Do You Think of Spider-Woman's All-New Look?

What Do You Think of Spider-Woman's All-New Look?

For the first time in nearly four decades, Jessica Drew's got a new superheroing suit and now we want to know, what do you think of Spider-Woman's new look?

Vote on the poll here.

Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

It's not bad, but seems more like they saw the new Batgirl costume and decided to ditch the cape and throw a spider on it.

BANNED

The Baroness ; Cobraaaaaa!!!!!!

Looks just like the Baroness! I am happy however to see a move towards making super heroine outfits not be so "putaesque". In other words, this costume is not demeaning towards women, and Jessica's "attributes" are not the focus.

It's a good costume design, I'm just not sure why Spider-Woman is wearing it.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The Baroness ; Cobraaaaaa!!!!!!
    I wish. The baroness would never wear comfort old woman booties.

BANNED

So far I've heard she looks like Baroness, Batgirl, Firestar, and Speed Demon. Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Looks just like the Baroness! I am happy however to see a move towards making super heroine outfits not be so "putaesque". In other words, this costume is not demeaning towards women, and Jessica's "attributes" are not the focus.
    I think using a term like putaesque is infintely more demeaning to women.

BANNED

Oh, look... it's the Batgirl costume, but different... and just as silly.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyTravy View Post
    Oh, look... it's the Batgirl costume, but different... and just as silly.
    Except for the wretched, mass-produced Doc Martens footwear, I totally dig the Batgirl redo.

This, this Spider Woman concept feels like Forever 21 knocking off the latest hot runway design.

Don't like it at all.

What's with all these silly updates in costumes.
    Are Marvel and DC trying to make them more movie friendly?
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

so can anyone tell me if the spider-woman issues before #5 are gonna be worth looking at or is this just a case of...this is where the series really begins! because i get the sense that Spider-Woman#5 is really Spider-Woman#1 due to the spider-verse tie-in's that took place in the previous four issues

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I honestly thought that was somebody's Kate Bishop fanart when I was looking up the new Spider-Woman costume after Kurt Busiek posted how much he liked the original design (and emphasized it wasn't a judgment on the new one)

Put a spider on it

Astonishing Member

Its just poor. I am usually onboard for new costumes, but this is just generic. Glasses as the new mask is something I am totally against. I never thought that Spider Woman's costume was in the Power Girl/Starfire/Ms.Marvel(Carol) category of costumes. No skin exposed, just a tight costume like pretty much every hero wears.Her cleavage size is mostly on the artist's. She is superhuman, so its not like she needs body armor of any significance.

Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so can anyone tell me if the spider-woman issues before #5 are gonna be worth looking at or is this just a case of...this is where the series really begins! because i get the sense that Spider-Woman#5 is really Spider-Woman#1 due to the spider-verse tie-in's that took place in the previous four issues
    If you're NOT reading Spider-Verse, skip the current issues. That's a shame, but unfortunately it's the way they are. Since I'm reading Spider-Verse, I'm digging it, especially this latest issue. But I feel bad for those who just wanted this book because I can't see a new reader deriving the same enjoyment because it is VERY involved in the plot of the main event in as far as it's the reason she's doing what she's doing, why the other characters are there, who the villain is, etc.

Issues #1-3 are straight tie-ins with #4 being billed as an epilogue issue; that COULD be a good point if it serves as kind of a bridge in the sense of let's wrap up what just happened and set up what will happen. Issue #5 may well be your best bet to jump on if #4 is more the former than the latter.