Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member

I think it's cute. It's a bit bland, a bit safe, but I'm interested in seeing what artists do with it.

Personally, the Spider-Woman costume was a classic. It's hard to see her in anything else. However, the coloring hasn't changed, and compared to other characters, Jessica hasn't nearly gone through so many costume changes.

BANNED

Spider-Woman#1-#4 can be tossed aside i assume since #5 will be completely different and have it's own direction where as the first four issues were tangled in spider-verse

i just keep thinking it's such a weird thing to start the book with the classic look for four issues and then basically relaunch the book without renumbering it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Spider-Woman#1-#4 can be tossed aside i assume since #5 will be completely different and have it's own direction where as the first four issues were tangled in spider-verse

i just keep thinking it's such a weird thing to start the book with the classic look for four issues and then basically relaunch the book without renumbering it
    What's wrong with no renumbering it? I imagine they're trying to bring readers in with Spider-Verse and keep them by keeping the numbering.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Everything Marvel "redesigns" these days is junk. Not surprised by this.

It's not the plain clothes feel that bothers me. My favourite Jess Drew period was when she was hanging in Madripoor with Wolvie. But it looks like she's wearing a necktie. And when is Marvel going to learn: silly glasses/goggles are always horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    What's wrong with no renumbering it? I imagine they're trying to bring readers in with Spider-Verse and keep them by keeping the numbering.
    Bait and switch.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-21-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    nothing's wrong it just seems a bit strange to go for a totally new direction after spider-verse...spider-verse is giving spider-woman quite the sales boost but we aren't too sure yet if that boost will remain once spider-verse is over...probably not

i could be wrong but there's nothing to suggest spider-woman will be cracking the top 15 after spider-verse

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ViewingFigures View Post
    I am not holding my breath because of what is currently happening with Jessica and her new book.

She even makes the same odious "booty call" gag twice within the same issue, despite castigating herself for it the first time. And it's second use, along with the framing, and the "chest of treasure" line seems particularly off...the tone feels a bit crass to me.
    I questioned the above on Twitter, and Mr Hopeless himself responded with, "She’s just trying to make up for the first one with a call back that falls just as flat."

BANNED

I like how CBR tries to skew things here with the choices.

The positive choice is jubilant and emotional ("It's fantastic - I love it!") but the most negative option is more like an indifferent statement. The most negative we are allowed to be is to choose "Can't say I'm a fan of it". There is no "I hate it!" or "It's awful".

Personally, I am just kind of indifferent to it anyway. I think the new costume is just... eh.

But it's so funny that CBR people are apparently so politically correct and overly sensitive to "sexism" that they won't even allow a poll option that expresses dislike toward anything remotely connected to females and comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    I like how CBR tries to skew things here with the choices.

The positive choice is jubilant and emotional ("It's fantastic - I love it!") but the most negative option is more like an indifferent statement. The most negative we are allowed to be is to choose "Can't say I'm a fan of it". There is no "I hate it!" or "It's awful".

Personally, I am just kind of indifferent to it anyway. I think the new costume is just... eh.

But it's so funny that CBR people are apparently so politically correct and overly sensitive to "sexism" that they won't even allow a poll option that expresses dislike toward anything remotely connected to females and comics.
    Well, given what happened with the Milo Manara's cover, maybe they are just playing it safe.

And at least, in "8 months in the future" she is wearing that cool armor.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 12-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.